Pete Press conference : couple of my takeaways

pmedic920

Reaction score

1) why the Hell can’t we get decent audio from the folks asking questions,
been that way forever, how hard can it be?
2) looks/sounds like we are still 6-8 weeks out knowing anything definitive about J. Adams
3) as always Pete is very optimistic, but I think he’s truly sincere. (for this season)
4) Spoon slightly behind JSN but both on track and appear to be killing it.
5) Geno and Drew getting along well, Pete has confidence in Drew should we need him
6) CPR
@ about 4 minute mark someone asked about 100% participation, it appears that the Seahawks made a commitment and the program went well. I’m impressed and proud of my team for doing so

Having said that, I can’t hear the questions very well and I could easily be off base on any of my “takes”.

EDIT:
does anyone know why sometimes the youtube links are direct and sometimes they redirect?
is there anything that can be don, or is it just a “youtube“ thing?
I literally post them the exact same way every time.

Last edited:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score

2) looks/sounds like we are still 6-8 weeks out knowing anything definitive about J. Adams
3) as always Pete is very optimistic, but I think he’s truly sincere. (for this season)
5) Geno and Drew getting along well, Pete has confidence in Drew should we need him
6) CPR
@ about 4 minute mark someone asked about 100% participation, it appears that the Seahawks made a commitment and the program went well. I’m impressed and proud of my team for doing so

Having said that, I can’t hear the questions very well and I could easily be off base on any of my “takes”.

1) Agreed. What the hell???
2) It would be awesome to have him for season. Most will agree we are better with him.
3) After hearing Pete speak for so many years it does feel like sincerity when he talks about his optimism.
4) That is referring to health and not ability.
6) Cool indeed.

kidhawk

Reaction score
6) CPR

EDIT:
does anyone know why sometimes the youtube links are direct and sometimes they redirect?
Just a quick clarification on the 100% CPR trained, they are actually 100% certified in both CPR and AED. Definitely a good thing there.

To attempt to answer your question on linking to youtube videos, it's definitely a "youtube" thing. Certain content is set to only be viewed on Youtube. I don't know specifics, but I've noticed that it always seems to be things that are clearly copyright materials. Things that come from the NFL or specific teams is a prime example. What I can't answer is if it's a setting set by the provider or if it's something YouTube controls.

sutz

Reaction score
Just a quick clarification on the 100% CPR trained, they are actually 100% certified in both CPR and AED. Definitely a good thing there.

To attempt to answer your question on linking to youtube videos, it's definitely a "youtube" thing. Certain content is set to only be viewed on Youtube. I don't know specifics, but I've noticed that it always seems to be things that are clearly copyright materials. Things that come from the NFL or specific teams is a prime example. What I can't answer is if it's a setting set by the provider or if it's something YouTube controls.
I'm pretty sure the originator of the video decides that, basically to make sure you see the ads attached to the vid.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
EDIT:

When people post things to Youtube without the consent of the source company or person, they can block it.

Meaning the Hawks blocked it, or probably have a program that monitors unverified content being re-directed to Youtube and other streaming sites without their consent.

They want you going to their site to watch and read.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

6) CPR

EDIT:

Pete is delusional concerning Lock personally I hope you guys get Lock starting maybe then we can move on from NYJ Pete and be beyond point guard quarterbacks and 8-9/9-8 crap.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He was right about Russ but if you ever what to taken seriously you pretty are never getting a quarterback with...whatever JS likes in later rounds.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I really don't have a clue what JS likes in a quarterback I have seen plenty of what Pete likes in quarterbacks and beyond and it's way beyond time for either a change in dynamics, change in ownership and by extension a young coach that actually knows the rules and stop ruining young running backs careers could the Organization please get coaches that actually train the players not to be injured all the time?

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's s quarterback driven league get over it and get in line or get out. Shanahan literally takes shit and makes his quarterback almost get to the SB. We need a shift in the power dynamics behind the scenes

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I really don't have a clue what JS likes in a quarterback I have seen plenty of what Pete likes in quarterbacks and beyond and it's way beyond time for either a change in dynamics, change in ownership and by extension a young coach that actually knows the rules and stop ruining young running backs careers could the Organization please get coaches that actually train the players not to be injured all the time?

I think Schneider would take more risks at the QB position, like he does at just about every other position.

Pete's more conservative at QB. He wants his offense run, no turnovers, protect the ball.......and someone who can make 2-3 explosive plays per game.

I don't like the term game manager, because all quarterbacks manage the game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the originator of the video decides that, basically to make sure you see the ads attached to the vid.

I suspect as much myself, but as I've never created youtube content, I can't confirm it and didn't want someone to think I was stating a fact that I can't honestly confirm.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think Schneider would take more risks at the QB position, like he does at just about every other position.

Pete's more conservative at QB. He wants his offense run, no turnovers, protect the ball.......and someone who can make 2-3 explosive plays per game.

I don't like the term game manager, because all quarterbacks manage the game.
I understand you. But isn't working look at the teams that are making it to the SB and winning guess what as usual you need an elite quarterback more times then not Geno Pete loves because he's safe and league average carrreer wise so pisses me off he got his money beyond anything you guys understand he's totally average in today's NFL and I'm totally willing to accept regular Geno going forward.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Average Geno with a loaded team maybe we scare the AFC. Otherwise grow some balls John and draft an actual modern current quarterback

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
When people post things to Youtube without the consent of the source company or person, they can block it.

Meaning the Hawks blocked it, or probably have a program that monitors unverified content being re-directed to Youtube and other streaming sites without their consent.

They want you going to their site to watch and read.
That only makes partial sense.
I understand wanting to have a measure of control but if they wanted you/us to go to “their site” why would they post on YouTube at all.