Peter King: Jamal Adams not happy

W

Welshers

"I hear the Seahawks have stretched themselves quite a bit for Adams, but he’s still not happy with the offer, and if you know Seattle’s negotiating stance, it’s not likely the offer’s going to change much now. "

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/8/9/222 ... -clark-et3

Considering what we gave up for the man, this could be a disaster.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Too late for a trade?

If he's not going to sign a reasonable offer (yes, I realize "reasonable" has a wide range of definitions), is there any other option?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
So dumb giving up that much draft capital without an extension already in place.

We have zero leverage in these negotiations. We aren't going to get back what we gave up in any trade and we aren't going to let him walk.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I like that Pete and John in these negotiations set a price and stick to their guns.

Jamal, accept their best offer and let's move on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2bo6jmvn said:
So dumb giving up that much draft capital without an extension already in place.

We have zero leverage in these negotiations. We aren't going to get back what we gave up in any trade and we aren't going to let him walk.

Most of the time, especially with forward thinking franchises like the Hawks, there usually are conversations before and after the trade of loose terms of an extension when the time came, as in now.

If the offer is fair, Jamal will accept it.

Because his only other option is to hold out, show up after week six and then get franchised once or twice at a VERY low safety number for the next two off seasons, and rinse and repeat this nonsense.

I HIGHLY doubt Jamal wants that........projected safety franchise tag for 2022 is 13.5M, which is probably at least 3-4M under what the Hawks are currently offering him if the rumors of 16-18M are true.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mizak":3vzr03yn said:
Is Peter King still relevant?

To Tweet out crap player agents text him, yes.

Same with Schefter, pretty much all these guys do now is trade player access for tweeting out things agents want them to get out on social media.

Mizak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1d8o8b72 said:
Mizak":1d8o8b72 said:
Is Peter King still relevant?

To Tweet out crap player agents text him, yes.

Same with Schefter, pretty much all these guys do now is trade player access for tweeting out things agents want them to get out on social media.

Does the player approve of it though?

massari

Reaction score
The Hawks have Adams under team control for realistically the next three seasons. They have leverage, so if Adams wants to be overpaid, they can tell Adams' agent to find a team willing to give them the money they want, and who are willing to give up a couple of high draft picks.

knownone

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1s8fgaeg said:
Glasgow Seahawk":1s8fgaeg said:

Most of the time, especially with forward thinking franchises like the Hawks, there usually are conversations before and after the trade of loose terms of an extension when the time came, as in now.

Because his only other option is to hold out, show up after week six and then get franchised once or twice at a VERY low safety number for the next two off seasons, and rinse and repeat this nonsense.

I HIGHLY doubt Jamal wants that........projected safety franchise tag for 2022 is 13.5M, which is probably at least 3-4M under what the Hawks are currently offering him if the rumors of 16-18M are true.
Yeah. This idea that the Seahawk's have no leverage is wrong. They might look bad in the court of public opinion, but Adam's leverage options involve potentially losing a significant amount of his potential career earnings.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
massari":1cgmk0xp said:
The Hawks have Adams under team control for realistically the next three seasons. They have leverage, so if Adams wants to be overpaid, they can tell Adams' agent to find a team willing to give them the money they want, and who are willing to give up a couple of high draft picks.

Exactly.
While we may not get 2 1st rounders for him, its realistic to believe we can get at least a 1st and potentially a second, if they're looking for draft capitol in return.

Seahawks have all the leverage here, despite what Adams may want you to believe. This hasn't been a sunk cost...yet

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
knownone":1ogl07yi said:
Sgt. Largent":1ogl07yi said:
Glasgow Seahawk":1ogl07yi said:

Yeah. This idea that the Seahawk's have no leverage is wrong. They might look bad in the court of public opinion, but Adam's leverage options involve potentially losing a significant amount of his potential career earnings.

I also believe the rules have changed for teams waiving fines and paychecks for missed practices and games.

Used to be teams would waive fines if players didn't attend mandatory practices once a contract was reached, same goes for missed games.

Thus why both Brown and Adams are at practice, just not practicing out of protest.

So is Jamal really ready to forgo game checks when he'll never get that money back to MAYBE get more money?

I don't think so.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Issues with Adams and contract negotiations? Who could have guessed that?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Players EGOs always get them in trouble. They think they need to be paid more than anyone else, and are ready to hammer the cap budget, thus leaving very little for the other deserving players.

Everytime they hold out, they screw their team mates and the fans.

Kam's 2 game good out cost us 2 wins and made the season more difficult.

Jerry Jones ego cost him an extra Lombardi or 2, because the team he and Jimmy built fell apart afterwards. Sure they win a Superbowl with Switzer, but that's because the team was so good.

But people never learn, so you see it every year. "This team wins because of me!"

"I need a lot more money because I brought Seattle it's 1st SB Trophy!" MB

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Add incentives for excellent play, thus potentially inflating the value of the contract, and get this done. Of course Adams' position is that he's unhappy but you can be sure he knows the team values his contributions and he will likely become the highest paid S in the league once the deal is done and his quietly happy about that reality.

hawks85

Reaction score
You take Adams out of the box last year and he's a below average DB. He missed 4-5 games last year. The problem is the hawks want Bobby to be the highest paid defensive player and not Adams. Adams in my opinion is not that good and thats my opinion. Adams wants 20 mil plus a year, he won't get that here. I believe the hawks offered 16 mil which makes Adams the highest paid DB and Adams wants more.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Despite the reports, I don't think there's anything to worry about with Jamal or Duane.

I'm sure they're not interested in playing for the kind of teams that would overpay them (NY, Houston, Detroit, Raiders...)

Keyhawk

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":ap6eotca said:
Too late for a trade?

If he's not going to sign a reasonable offer (yes, I realize "reasonable" has a wide range of definitions), is there any other option?

Totally agree.

Smellyman

Reaction score
He is a big cog to the D, but I am fine with him losing money hand over fist. Seahawks probably have given him some great offers and a stupid amount of money.

Blair, Amadi, Neal, are more than capable of holding it down. Even Randall and Crosswell has been turning heads

chris98251

Reaction score
Couple of guys needing traffic, we know how John does stuff, not in the media, surly not using these hacks like King to lobby for the Franchise.

Latest posts