Pete's Presser Yesterday - A few Notable Quotes

OP
OP
B

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Just for kicks, ran a comparison(nflcomparisons.com) between the two QBs in the years that they were both actively playing, same time(2012-2017).

There isn't one, single, solitary stat, regular season or playoffs where Palmer was green and RW was red. Green=higher stat/rating.

Curious choice for Pete; it must have been the intangibles.

When a journalist asked Pete "if you could go into a lab and create the perfect QB, what traits would that QB have and how would he play?"

His answer was "There's never been a more perfect guy than Carson Palmer. I mean he was perfect. He was big, he was strong, he was fast, he was a great athlete, he was a great competitor. He was number one in the draft, a Heisman Trophy winner. I always thought he was as perfect as you can get."

(If anyone wants to hear him say it, it's around the 4:55 mark in the video)

OP
OP
B

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Carson Palmer was Pete's ideal QB? A tall pocket passer? Russ must really hurt Pete's feelin' somehow :)

That said, IF the hawks traded Russ in 2018 and drafted Josh Allen, Pete would have gotten his ideal QB?

I think Josh Allen fits the big, strong, fast, great athlete, great competitor description he gave.
(It's at the 4:50 mark in the video.)

toffee

Reaction score
I think Josh Allen fits the big, strong, fast, great athlete, great competitor description he gave.
(It's at the 4:50 mark in the video.)

My compiled QB combine results below, Allen is tall, strong, BIG hands, fast, and QUICK (look at his 10 yards split), nimble (faster 3 cone than Russ the super athlete), and 162 mph power ball. Of course combine stuff are not conclusive to QB success, I put Brady on this chart to highlight that, but boy did Allen excel.

QB Combine

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
You're either competing or you're not? Pete you wordsmith Pete, what're you saying?
He's saying give Russell what he deserves as the opposing team's QB. Touchy feely sentiments are apt for a ceremony honoring his legacy here, not appropriate for a competitive situation that gameday provides.

How do fans compete? It's quite clear isn't it?

OP
OP
B

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
My compiled QB combine results below, Allen is tall, strong, BIG hands, fast, and QUICK (look at his 10 yards split), nimble (faster 3 cone than Russ the super athlete), and 162 mph power ball. Of course combine stuff are not conclusive to QB success, I put Brady on this chart to highlight that, but boy did Allen excel.

View attachment 54421

Interesting, thanks for that comparison. I didn't realize Brady was so tall. I knew Lock was but also didn't know Geno's height. Allen does fit the description and is exceptional across all categories.

toffee

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for that comparison. I didn't realize Brady was so tall. I knew Lock was but also didn't know Geno's height. Allen does fit the description and is exceptional across all categories.
Thanks, if you find any errors on this chart, please let me know? I put it together when I was reading up on Lock and his speed/strong arms.

OP
OP
B

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Thanks, if you find any errors on this chart, please let me know? I put it together when I was reading up on Lock and his speed/strong arms.

I'd read something to this effect so I was hoping that it would work out for him at the QB postion. Based on what Pete said, he was probably hoping too. Lock just looks big and strong.

toffee

Reaction score
I'd read something to this effect so I was hoping that it would work out for him at the QB postion. Based on what Pete said, he was probably hoping too. Lock just looks big and strong.
That he does, and his throws looked powerful, but his combine ball velocity was surprisingly low. But hey, Jerry Rice's 40 time was 4.71 sec, but he sure looked faster in full pads and running away from CBs. Combine stuff is fun and nice reference, but not conclusive.

keasley45

Reaction score
The part about how former teammates are coming out of the woodwork, rooting for the Hawks to win THIS game...

I think that speaks volumes about the type of environment we've had for the last 6 years or so.

Pete is fired up.