PFF gives Aaron Rodgers negative grade after 5 TD game

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawknation2015":16ke0aoo said:
Saying someone is an "87.5" means nothing. Just like saying someone was a +4.4 meant very little on its own. It was the premium stats that gave the site value. Without those, I certainly won't be subscribing to them.
You're saying any and all rating systems are automatically worthless. Plenty are, but I simply cannot unilaterally agree.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1gpy0aqb said:
hawknation2015":1gpy0aqb said:
Saying someone is an "87.5" means nothing. Just like saying someone was a +4.4 meant very little on its own. It was the premium stats that gave the site value. Without those, I certainly won't be subscribing to them.
You're saying any and all rating systems are automatically worthless. Plenty are, but I simply cannot unilaterally agree.

It depends on what they are rating . . . the more specific the better.

But if the grade is based on "general performance," then yes, I would say it is totally worthless and always suspect.

Hopefully, a competitor will seize on this opportunity to create a similar site in terms of usefulness with more disclosure on a per-play basis. All you would need to get started is the apparatus to recruit and train a team of 8 or so people with enough knowledge of the game to breakdown two games a week. Then add people and more training from there as you gain subscribers. I imagine you would get many applicants willing to get paid to watch football over a one or two day period.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3ad41kdi said:
RolandDeschain":3ad41kdi said:
hawknation2015":3ad41kdi said:

It depends on what they are rating . . . the more specific the better.

But if the grade is based on "general performance," then yes, I would say it is totally worthless and always suspect.

Hopefully, a competitor will seize on this opportunity to create a similar site in terms of usefulness with more disclosure on a per-play basis. All you would need to get started is the apparatus to recruit and train a team of 8 or so people with enough knowledge of the game to breakdown two games a week. Then add people and more training from there as you gain subscribers. I imagine you would get many applicants willing to get paid to watch football over a one or two day period.

Where do I sign? :D

ptisme

Reaction score
It's their grading system.... I hope Rodgers gets a copy of this, should put him on a good 6 week tear through the rest of the league and lots of good Wayne Larrivee daggers!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ptisme":2so4tvuq said:
It's their grading system.... I hope Rodgers gets a copy of this, should put him on a good 6 week tear through the rest of the league and lots of good Wayne Larrivee daggers!
Yeah, look how he came out in his revenge-for-fail-Mary game in the regular season against us last year. Then again in the second revenge game in the NFC Championship game.

Better fax him a copy, stat! That is, if Green Bay's headquarters have technology as new as fax machines all the way up there.

P.S., Yes, I'm aware we just lost to Green Bay. Congrats. I'd be exceedingly cautious about assuming the same would happen if we travel there in January, though. We'll have Kam then and we've always been a slow-to-start, strong-to-finish team under Pete Carroll.