Phase One started today

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The Seahawks began Phase One of the League's voluntary offseason workout program today, which consists of a two-week workout plan limited to strength, conditioning, and physical rehabilitation.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 4d7aae9a8d

"The Seahawks’ 2014 offseason officially started Monday when the defending Super Bowl champions met with Pete Carroll. And the coach’s message was about embracing, and not being distracted by, the obvious."

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...wl-title/79b74700-b2b0-4dc9-8e81-839ae30a86ef

Pete Carroll ✔ @PeteCarroll
#SOTD! In honor of our players' 1st day back... Happy by @Pharrell! http://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM #WhatsNext?
[youtube]y6Sxv-sUYtM[/youtube]

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
For some reason, I'm having trouble posting the URL to Carroll's comments on the team's start to the 2014 season:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...wl-title/79b74700-b2b0-4dc9-8e81-839ae30a86ef

Carroll's comments:

“It’s really important that we accept the fact that it is, that it happened and that we do a nice job of kind of treating the attention and the focus normal and not let it affect how we operate on a daily basis because of last year,” Carroll said in the hallway outside the auditorium.

“We had a good staging (last season). It was a step toward this, because we had a lot of expectations going into the year. And, of course, we’ll have all of that again. So we just want to take it very normally and really deal with it by working really hard – just by going about recapturing the work ethic that makes us and has been so important to us.”

Unlike his players, Carroll and a few members of his staff that came with him to Seattle from USC in 2010 have been-here, done-that. It was in 2004, when the Carroll-coached Trojans followed one National Championship with another.

“That’s why you just have to accept the reality of it and just live with it,” Carroll said of what it takes to be able to come back for seconds. “I think to try and ignore it is wrong, because it’s real and it’s true. So we deal with it, and deal with it well, and move forward.”

The 2004 NFL season also was the last time a NFL team won back-to-back NFL titles, with the New England Patriots prevailing in Super Bowl XXXVIII and again in Super Bowl XXXIX.

So it obviously takes more than just showing up each week with visions of the Lombardi Trophy dancing in your head and the bling of a Super Bowl ring on your finger.

“We’re not going to try and forget about it,” Carroll said. “We’re going to live with it. There are events coming up. We’ll be reminded throughout, because it’s true and we earned it and all that.”

Those events include a trip to the White House to be feted by President Barack Obama, the players and coaches receiving their Super Bowl rings and kicking off the 2014 regular season with a Thursday night game at CenturyLink on Sept. 4 against an opponent that is expected to be revealed this week when the NFL schedule is announced.

“We just want to deal with it really well, and hopefully that’s what we’ll do,” Carroll said.

sutz

Reaction score
For being a "rah-rah" kind of guy, Pete sounds rather practical about the whole thing. :)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Coming back for seconds... I love that phrase. In other words, we're still hungry and... We.will.be.fed.

And we're blessed with such outstanding leaders... like Pete/John/Russell/Earl/Kam/Sherm/Dougie/Michael Bennett & BWags.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
A side note- I don't get the popularity of that "HAPPY" song. It's completely boring and average. The Chorus doesn't do it for me.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
jlwaters1":47al764t said:
A side note- I don't get the popularity of that "HAPPY" song. It's completely boring and average. The Chorus doesn't do it for me.

I 100% disagree with your assessment. It's fun, light-hearted, has a good beat. Very easy to see why it's become so popular.

CANHawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":x7om33w9 said:

It's because you hate freedom and big hats.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
We need to stay hungry for sure. We need to be the underdog again somehow. Hmmmm.

A

Anonymous

IBleedBlueAndGreen":2mvppq4t said:
jlwaters1":2mvppq4t said:

I 100% disagree with your assessment. It's fun, light-hearted, has a good beat. Very easy to see why it's become so popular.

But, can you dance to it?

I sure miss American Bandstand...

Latest posts