Philly fans....

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Yeah, one of the 3 times I went to a game out there at Candlestick, someone got stabbed right next to the stadium. Several fights in the crowd 2 of the 3 times out there. Half empty stadium by halftime because the Hawks were way up. Yeah, they are so "faithful" and "classy"
post-game stabbings and assaults were the regular outside candlestick

hasn't been to the same degree at their santa clara location. lots of fairweather pencilnecks attend 49er games now

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

hasn't been to the same degree at their santa clara location. lots of fairweather pencilnecks attend 49er games now
It was a trip leaving that stadium and having gang signs flashed at us. Over a football game.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score

Not about "fairweather".

Candlestick, because it was so old had some of the cheapest ticket prices in the NFL.

Without putting too fine a point on it, Levis ain't cheap and its largely priced a certain element out of the games.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Haven't been to the new stadium, but Candlestick was a hole. Great city though, San Fran is beautiful.

...as a 49er fan I can confirm.

The love for that building was 100% about history.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure you have some amazing memories though. I always hated how windy it got there too. Every time

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
I'm sure you have some amazing memories though. I always hated how windy it got there too. Every time

Of course.

My dad used to take me to Giants games there. I was there with my Dad the day Willie McCovey played his last game. First game I took my then girlfriend now wife to was the season opener vs the Jets when Garrison Hearst went 96 yards in overtime to win. I had to warn her that they don't ALL end like that. LOL.

More recently and toward the end of Candlesticks run I was at the Niner-Saints playoff game that was so crazy at the end, The Packer game when Kap went off, and I was luckly enough to be at the last game there ever where Bowman had "The Pick at the 'Stick" to seal a Playoff spot. Funny story on that later...

I loved that old place, but I always knew as a building it was a dump.

...a building built for cheaply for baseball on the coldest and windiest place in the Bay Area, semi-enclosed later to block the wind and then eventually made into full time football stadium after the Giants moved. Crowded, narrow hallways, no sightlines to the field when you went for food, and the place always smelled like urine. The mens bathrooms were troughs rather than urinals in many spots. LOL. Cracks in concrete everywhere.

There are some here who long for old Candlestick and hate Levis. Those people are nuts. Levis is 100x better than Candlestick. It just doesn't have the history and the mystique. Those things tho aren't intrinsic to the structure. Its about history and legend. If they ever get another SB winner in that building, it'll have its own history.

I can only imagine there were people who hated Candlestick and loved Kezar. It's just natural. There are some Dallas fans who hate Jerryworld. It is what it is.

As for the funny story I mentioned before...

After the game was over, fans were literally ripping seats out of the concrete to take them with them. I spoke with a security guard. As I said, most men's rooms were troughs not urinals, but one bathroom with urinals had been raided. Someone stole a urinal. I mean...I dunno what even to do with that information. Who would want it enough to put in that kind of effort? How would they even get out of the building?

People are weird.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Another concept Philly fans seem completely unfamiliar with:

The Slow Rush.

Reading for 2 weeks now how the Eagles embarrassed the DPOY Bosa and that pass rush. They embarrassed Kinlaw, that's for sure and the LT had an impressive pancake block on Bosa in the game, but 49er gameplan was to slow rush Hurts. IE, they weren't trying to speed around the corner and get to him. They were staying on blocks and collapsing the pocket, not allowing Hurts any running lanes to escape, and forcing him to play QB from the pocket.

...and it was working.

That was what Robbie Gould meant with his comments this week RE Hurts.

This concept, like many others, is completely lost on that fanbase. 49ers used that slow rush many times against Russell Wilson over the years, but dude always seemed to find a crack anyway at worst (or best depending on your fandom) times. SOOO frustrating.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Nah, excuses all day long. Instead of losing with even a hint of class. So very 49er.
Please.

Eagles won. They deserved it. Shit happens.

What I can't understadn is why they keep arguing with me. LOL. My teams done. Thier team plays on sunday. Just ignore me and enjoy the SB. Thats what I would do.

Instead they have to insist the Eagles dominated the 49ers.

Torc

Reaction score
I'm losing respect for 49ers players. I mean, I'm a Seahawks fan so that's pretty low to begin with. ;)

But they've been chattering for the past week about the Eagles and how they were robbed. Yes, they were. And the fans who pay their salaries were robbed too. But not by design, it was just plain dumb luck. Get over it. You (like all the other teams that aren't the Chiefs and the Eagles) are irrelevant for until Feb 13. But every day it seems like another 49ers player is speaking up. Sheesh.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
I'm losing respect for 49ers players. I mean, I'm a Seahawks fan so that's pretty low to begin with. ;)

But they've been chattering for the past week about the Eagles and how they were robbed. Yes, they were. And the fans who pay their salaries were robbed too. But not by design, it was just plain dumb luck. Get over it. You (like all the other teams that aren't the Chiefs and the Eagles) are irrelevant for until Feb 13. But every day it seems like another 49ers player is speaking up. Sheesh.

I don't think any of them said it wasn't dumb luck.

As for them "chattering", maybe it has something to do with it being SB week and they are asked over and over again how it felt to lose the game.

What are they supposed to say?

To quote Deebo: