Pick #16 - DT Byron Murphy

James in PA

Reaction score
Most mocks had this guy going in the top 10. It was an absolute steal getting him at 16. Hawks fans have been screaming for years that we need to get better interior defenders. We got the best one in this draft. I feel sorry for any Hawks fan who is not excited about this selection.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Most mocks had this guy going in the top 10. It was an absolute steal getting him at 16. Hawks fans have been screaming for years that we need to get better interior defenders. We got the best one in this draft. I feel sorry for any Hawks fan who is not excited about this selection.
When you are sitting at 16 and can get the best player at your highest position if need you have to pull the trigger

GemCity

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Murphy on the edge once in awhile.

MM likes versatile defenders. Duh..,who doesn’t. But, there’s a much deeper meaning when associated with what we’ve seen in MM’s defenses.

I’m still shocked. A position of need…a guy that some were calling the best defensive player in the draft….at pick 16.

I was definitely interested in Verse and Latu but with Nwosu and Mafe, didn’t consider that as much of a need as a run stopping, gap plug. Mind you…like many of you, I flip-flopped daily.

When our pick came…my son and I just both repeated ‘Murphy, Murphy, Murphy’.

Crazy.

Don’t Eeyore this one guys. This was a helluva pick that landed in the Hawks lap.

vonstout

Reaction score
The Eagles were talking about trading up for a CB. With all offensive players in the first 13 picks, they reported that they weren’t interested in trading up and got the consensus #1 CB at #22. All the QBs going early pushed a lot of great defensive players down. GB was another team reported to be talking to us about trading up. If we would have got their second rounder and taken Barton or Powers Johnson, I would have loved that, but the offers must not have been good enough.

Scout

Reaction score
Like JSN last year this is great value by landing Murphy.

Scout

Reaction score
JS back to back years being patient and landing top ten talents outside of the top ten. I know JS has a trigger finger to trade down often but he is probably maturing and altering his approach. He is altering his approach by not trying to outsmart his own board. If you have a player ranked in the top ten or fifteen and you can land that player outside of that range you run to the podium.

Don't be cute or over think it.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
As soon as that fool sucked his teeth when they announced the pick I stopped his video immediately.
He does that BNB podcast with The Hawks Nest guy, which makes me feel really sorry for the other guy, as his content is good. Then he goes and gets hooked up with this moron and it really drags down his brand.

James in PA

Reaction score
People still follow this guy!? Last draft was enough for me.
He still pops up occasionally on my YouTube recommendations and like a fool I will occasionally click on his videos just to see what he has to say. As usual, he shits on everything the Seahawks do.

Latest posts