Pick #16 - DT Byron Murphy

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think he was the best defensive player in the draft. He is a beast and is just what we need to build back an elite Defense. Watch some tape and you will see his game is way more than sacks...he is a disruptor and was a key reason Texas beat Alabama and made it to the playoffs. Grady Jarret anyone? Yes Please.

Great pick

morgulon1

Reaction score
Those guys are gonna do great, but we've got a lot more youth and production at edge. Three aging guys, Dre, and Cam Young weren't going to cut it in the interior (and I really like Leonard Williams).
Im glad they picked Murphy.

I'm excited to see what MacDonald can do with D Jones, Cam Young. Williams
Could possibly thrive as well.

Yeah ,I put my feet in his couch.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
JS back to back years being patient and landing top ten talents outside of the top ten. I know JS has a trigger finger to trade down often but he is probably maturing and altering his approach. He is altering his approach by not trying to outsmart his own board. If you have a player ranked in the top ten or fifteen and you can land that player outside of that range you run to the podium.

Don't be cute or over think it.
A player I liked last year was Calijah Kancey, who went #19 to Tampa Bay. Murphy seems like a bigger, stronger version of Kancey. I'm very excited about this pick.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
I’m a little late to the party, but happy as hell to get a wrecking ball for the trenches.

How soon some people forget all those games where we got run over all game long due to lack of physicality or crappy tackling? I may have too much bourbon on some of those Sundays but I sure as shit don’t forget.

It’s so weird seeing a dude who looks like a kid as our head coach. It’s crazy. But if this kid can work his magic and coach up this defense, Murphy is going to be a big part of something special.

Can’t wait for September….lets friggan GOOOOOOOOO!!!

warden

Reaction score
There were about twenty really good players in this draft. We had multiple good players to choose from at 16. Sure glad we didn’t trade down and grabbed one of them

Murphy will look awesome playing beside Williams and Reed.

BigMeach

Reaction score
For those wondering about trading down, whether we had an offer or what the comp would be. Considering the Vikings traded into the 17th spot gives us a pretty good idea. They swapped 17th and 23rd with Jacksonville who also received #167 (5th round) this year and then got a 3rd and 4th next year. I wouldn't do that personally not when you'd miss out on the best defenders of this draft.

BigMeach

Reaction score

These guys love him. Not gonna lie, this type of video gets me really hyped about this pick.

Also, I love the line from his interview at the combine with them "I came out swole." Lol

I remember watching this originally and thinking there's no way Murphy falls to us. The way Simms talked about him really had me wishing. Trust Simms more than most because he had to play against great D tackles so would expect he'd know some things.

Latest posts