Pick #16 - DT Byron Murphy

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
For those wondering about trading down, whether we had an offer or what the comp would be. Considering the Vikings traded into the 17th spot gives us a pretty good idea. They swapped 17th and 23rd with Jacksonville who also received #167 (5th round) this year and then got a 3rd and 4th next year. I wouldn't do that personally not when you'd miss out on the best defenders of this draft.
There was a huge cliff at a lot of positions after about #20. John would have been trading down into a desert. And there's no way Murphy would have lasted past #19.

Threedee

Reaction score
He was talking about the post not you personally.

The post reeks of troll, if you’re serious so be it but you’re opinion is in the minority, minority not only here but in the Draft pundits/experts as well.
On the plus side, we got our mandatory contrary post.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ok I was happy with this pick, then I saw the draft phone call and I now LOVE this pick. Growing up in Texas and being a Seahawks fan? That’s crazy and makes me want him to succeed that much more.

GemCity

Reaction score
Definitely a different feel to this coaching staff.
Feel the same way! Quick call…but the energy is refreshing, new, and oozing positivity.

Yah I said it…”oozing”.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
We had a chance to grab a DUDE or trade down and go for depth. We chose the DUDE. Smart pick.
Yeah, I’m way past beyond tired of Seattle believing more picks is better than having quality picks….grab the guy when he’s available and don’t get cute and try to “outsmart” other organizations!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
And that’s not mentioning a possible big time change in coaching influences:

2022: DL- Damione Lewis, DC- Hurtt, HC- Carroll

2024: DL- Justin Hinds, DC- Durde, HC- MacDonald
I can’t stop quoting myself:

Now just imagine if you can pair the best (most effective, most explosive) parts of the 2022 first half of the season passing offense with a hopefully stabilized run game, as a game plan rather than a reaction to overcoming your defense, pair that with a more functional, more innovative defensive strategy, that in the least can be half as good or better as the Ravens last year (meaning if the Ravens had the #1 D, Seahawks would be #16 or better).

This team could become very scary.