Pick 198: Jerrick Reed Safety New Mexico

themunn

Reaction score
I think this is an exciting pick - athletically he has a similar profile to ETIII in height, speed, weight, but a bit more explosive.

I suspect he'll stake a strong claim for a special teams role, and with a bit of development at pro level could see him develop as a rangy FS

CPHawk

Reaction score
It sounds like Pete and JS loved his pro day, and did everything they could to hide him. Would OROY have gone higher if he was invited to the combine, and everyone got a good look at his athleticism

Mick063

Reaction score
The Scout for the Southwest Region was super high on this guy from the start. From what I have gathered, this scout was constantly in Pete and John's ear about him. So much so that when the team drafted him, John handed the phone to the fore mentioned scout and let him perform the initial telephone ritual that is typically reserved for Schnieder. Then they apparently celebrated the Scout within the war room as much as they celebrated the pick itself.

I don't think they would do this if Reed was a bum. I think the initial sales pitch made Pete/John dig deeper and they liked what they saw. Then they showed appreciation to the scout for enlightening them. This is just my impression based upon some reading I have done. I could be wrong, but this is the perception that I got.

Last edited:

Latest posts