Pocic tonight

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Pocic had to play RG and LG. Think about that. He had to change mid-game! I’m not an X’s and O’s guy but that is damn impressive! To everyone that said he sucked last week please re-evaluate your thinking. I’m not giving up on the kid and am giving him his due tonight. Good game Pocic!

MrThortan

Reaction score
Only one penalty on him tonight too. Refs are going to ref though so you never know how they are going to call it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
That is all Solari. He deserves all the credit in the world

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I thought Pocic looked a lot more comfortable on the left side, which is where he started the season.

In hindsight, it was probably a mistake not to use Pocic at LG and Sweezy at RG.

OP
OP
BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Not on him,but the guy who came in for Fant for a bit also. N-something(I fell like a real shit for not knowing his name!). He came in after being activated from the practice squad earlier this week and held his own. It’s just unreal how these O-linemen are playing as a group the season.

OP
OP
BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Reaction score
hawknation2018":19nccjcw said:
I thought Pocic looked a lot more comfortable on the left side, which is where he started the season.

In hindsight, it was probably a mistake not to use Pocic at LG and Sweezy at RG.
I thought they would move Sweezy to RG and play Pocic at LG also. It worked in the end.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
BubbaGump":1fqwvfod said:
To everyone that said he sucked last week please re-evaluate your thinking!

He did suck last week but I appreciate he stepped it up this week. He's still a mess in pass pro but he paved some holes with Brown to the left side.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
BubbaGump":14tguooa said:
Not on him,but the guy who came in for Fant for a bit also. N-something(I fell like a real shit for not knowing his name!). He came in after being activated from the practice squad earlier this week and held his own. It’s just unreal how these O-linemen are playing as a group the season.

Elijah Nkansah. Yes, I had to look it up. Still not 100% sure I’m spelling it correctly.

OP
OP
BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2m9b343a said:
BubbaGump":2m9b343a said:
To everyone that said he sucked last week please re-evaluate your thinking!

He did suck last week but I appreciate he stepped it up this week. He's still a mess in pass pro but he paved some holes with Brown to the left side.
yYes. I should of said for those calling for him to be cut, please re-evaluate your thinking.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Cable is still blaming the spread offenses in college for his crappy coaching.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":z3gnzmep said:
MontanaHawk05":z3gnzmep said:
Pretty sure he gave up at least one sack. Possibly two.

Tough matchup to be fair. Fant gave up one, Pocic one by my count

Yeah, only one sack could be attributed to Pocic (and Duane Brown and Nick Vannett contributed to it).

OP
OP
BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":281zzg0x said:
He did not get Russell killed. He had 1 holding penalty in the first quarter. He then made the move from RG to LG during the 2nd quarter I believe. The Hawks rushed for over 200 yards, Russ passed for 3TD’s, and Carson rushed for 100 plus yards and 2 TD’s. The guy redeemed himself from last week. I’m giving him his props!

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
BubbaGump":2fdhvkwe said:
MontanaHawk05":2fdhvkwe said:
He did not get Russell killed. He had 1 holding penalty in the first quarter. He then made the move from RG to LG during the 2nd quarter I believe. The Hawks rushed for over 200 yards, Russ passed for 3TD’s, and Carson rushed for 100 plus yards and 2 TD’s. The guy redeemed himself from last week. I’m giving him his props!
His one early penalty was a false start and he was drawn off. The refs missed that one, so he did well on the penalty front

A-Dog

Reaction score
I was one that was harsh on him... He wasn't the nightmare he was last week but he's was still a liability in 1:1 pass pro - was beaten quite badly several times but luckily most didn't end in sacks (one of the bad ones turned in to Russ' big scramble up the middle in the 4th quarter). Credit to him for battling after the terrible game last week, the early penalty, and the mid-game shift back to the left side. I never advocated straight up cut him during this season, but he didn't do anything to change my mind that he's 50/50 to win a roster spot next year - he still gets blown up on the regular due to lack of lower body strength/leverage.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Clearly a much better game. Maybe the Niners game was more rust than anything. But it was nice to not hear his name too often.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think this is the Solari effect, had a game of tape to see, worked with Pocic on technique and reads and he came out much better his next outing. Cable's bad habits being coached out of him. He was the most technically sound Lineman drafted the year we picked him, once again Cable's breaking someone happens.

Latest posts