Poll: Do you want SF or NO to win this week?

Poll: Do you want SF or NO to win this week?

• SF

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • NO

Votes: 81 77.9%

• Total voters

HansGruber

Reaction score
I honestly don't understand why anyone would be rooting for the Niners. I mean, I get the theory. It's just stupid.

The Seahawks have to win out for that to make any sense. And you also have to believe that the saints would win through the whole playoffs, forcing a game in NO. There's a whole string of unlikely outcomes required for that to make any sense.

I'll take the#2 seed. Whatever. I just don't want to see SF in week 7 with the division on the line. If we lost that game, we're the fifth seed and the playoffs are on the road. History says that's almost impossible to win.

I'll be rooting for the saints because I'm a Seahawks fan and we need as much breathing room as possible. It's very likely Seattle will drop at least one of our remaining games. So we need SF to lose too.

I think these people rooting for SF are trying to be too clever and not seeing the forest through the trees.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HansGruber":2gd37hli said:
I honestly don't understand why anyone would be rooting for the Niners. I mean, I get the theory. It's just stupid.

The Seahawks have to win out for that to make any sense. And you also have to believe that the saints would win through the whole playoffs, forcing a game in NO. There's a whole string of unlikely outcomes required for that to make any sense.

I'll take the#2 seed. Whatever. I just don't want to see SF in week 7 with the division on the line. If we lost that game, we're the fifth seed and the playoffs are on the road. History says that's almost impossible to win.

I'll be rooting for the saints because I'm a Seahawks fan and we need as much breathing room as possible. It's very likely Seattle will drop at least one of our remaining games. So we need SF to lose too.

I think these people rooting for SF are trying to be too clever and not seeing the forest through the trees.
They would have to "win through the whole playoffs"? They would have the 1st seed and only need to win one playoff game to force us to go to them.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Saints. Division and bye first and foremost. At NO honestly doesn’t scare me. Being a 12/13 win #5 seed going to Dallas frightens me more. Just bad match-up and some how them and their mouth breathing fan base show outs that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Dog

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2e1umudf said:
HansGruber":2e1umudf said:

They would have to "win through the whole playoffs"? They would have the 1st seed and only need to win one playoff game to force us to go to them.

There's a good chance NO would have to beat SF twice to host the NFCCG. That might be a tall order.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
After watching all the crappy reffing in the NO-SF game I absolutely don't want to face the Niners in a meaningful game. Saints getting hosed.

Sean Payton must have murdered a refs family or something. They get hosed by calls more than any other team.

nategreat

Reaction score
I want the 49ers to win, in order to give us a shot at the #1 seed.

I don't think a 49ers loss is going to significantly increase our chances @ winning the division. The reason is due to the tie-breaking rules @ the end of the season. Let's say for example the 49ers lose this game, but beat us @ the end of the season and we both finish 13-3. Well, unfortunately I think the 49ers win that tie-breaker. Head to head would be tied, division record tied, common opponents tied, conference record tied.... it would come down to strength of victory, and without looking, I would assume the 49ers have that locked down due to their dominant wins and our squeakers. We'll see- but I've resorted to being okay with a 49ers win. Either way, it's a win-win. Or lose-lose, depending how you look @ it.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
I would rather eat my own vomit than root for the Niners.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1p2gfvoc said:
I'm glad San Francisco won. As long as we don't lose again, we're the #1 seed.

This... and the other half of that is that even if we lose one, even if the Niners win the rest of their games, as long as that one loss isn't against SF we are still likely the 2 seed.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
If we wanted a shot at the 1 seed, the Saints had to lose a game and the only real help we were going to get was from SF.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":m6d27twx said:
If we wanted a shot at the 1 seed, the Saints had to lose a game and the only real help we were going to get was from SF.

No if we wanted a shot at the #1 seed we need to win the division. Last I checked, second place in the NFC West can't be higher than a 5th seed. Last thing we needed was a Niner team with confidence and swagger.

Last thing I want to come out of this thread is a bunch of "I told you so's" to those with a lack of statistical insight. I'd love us to win out and make things moot. But I'd also like to go 1-2 in these next 3 games and still have a shot at the division.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, regardless what happened yesterday (and it sucked) they STILL control what happens. Win the next 3 games and you're a division champion and a 1 or 2 seed. Yes please.....

IronSaint

Reaction score
Mad Dog":25gh8toa said:
After watching all the crappy reffing in the NO-SF game I absolutely don't want to face the Niners in a meaningful game. Saints getting hosed.

Sean Payton must have murdered a refs family or something. They get hosed by calls more than any other team.

Glad that someone not affiliated to the Saints can see it. Been like this nearly all year, my dude.

Going into this game, I felt if we somehow got a fair shake in the officiating department that we definitely had a damn good chance. After the first half of this game, I felt that the officiating was even. They weren't calling ticky-tack **** and letting both teams play.

After half-time, the script got entirely flipped. The calls became one-sided and the exact things they weren't calling in the 1st half then began getting flagged. I understand missed calls and all that yadda, but when they're only being missed when Team A is the beneficiary while simultaneously being called against Team A, that's what I have a problem with. :pukeface:

However the thing that pisses me off the most, yes even more than shoddy officiating, is Payton once again abandoning the run despite Latavius Murray averaging 9.9 YPC. :roll:

We'll be rooting for y'all to pull off the sweep though and hopefully we can both win out and lock up the first round byes. I definitely want another shot at them. Sure our defense gave up 48 points, but the supposed #1 defense in the league also gave up 46 in the same game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
IronSaint":3eo9ku9y said:
Mad Dog":3eo9ku9y said:

Glad that someone not affiliated to the Saints can see it. Been like this nearly all year, my dude.

Going into this game, I felt if we somehow got a fair shake in the officiating department that we definitely had a damn good chance. After the first half of this game, I felt that the officiating was even. They weren't calling ticky-tack **** and letting both teams play.

After half-time, the script got entirely flipped. The calls became one-sided and the exact things they weren't calling in the 1st half then began getting flagged. I understand missed calls and all that yadda, but when they're only being missed when Team A is the beneficiary while simultaneously being called against Team A, that's what I have a problem with. :pukeface:

However the thing that pisses me off the most, yes even more than shoddy officiating, is Payton once again abandoning the run despite Latavius Murray averaging 9.9 YPC. :roll:

We'll be rooting for y'all to pull off the sweep though and hopefully we can both win out and lock up the first round byes. I definitely want another shot at them. Sure our defense gave up 48 points, but the supposed #1 defense in the league also gave up 46 in the same game.

Right there with you. Saw the whole thing start to finish. They did let them play for the first half and then thru the third it was not bad...then it shifted a tiny bit. And that was the end. Still think we play yall in yalls house. I may go to that one if I have a chance and it is decent weather here in idaho. Good luck dude.

Washington49er

Reaction score
IronSaint":3gu3putx said:
Mad Dog":3gu3putx said:

Shoddy officiating? Saints didn't even get a flag til the second half yet your oline held so much it look like a fight at a hockey game. You tell how else does a Oline minus a couple of starters all the sudden can stop a D like the 49ers?

You and your brethren talked so much smack all week, then soon as you lose all the sudden it "refs screwed us", "too many 49er fans in the Dome", blah, blah, blah.

Remember now your coach put a bounty to hurt other players in the league. Saints will never get respect until that piece of shit is no longer your coach. He shouldn't even be allowed to coach, anywhere!

IronSaint

Reaction score
Washington49er":3jpqmsn6 said:
Shoddy officiating? Saints didn't even get a flag til the second half yet your oline held so much it look like a fight at a hockey game. You tell how else does a Oline minus a couple of starters all the sudden can stop a D like the 49ers?

You and your brethren talked so much smack all week, then soon as you lose all the sudden it "refs screwed us", "too many 49er fans in the Dome", blah, blah, blah.

Remember now your coach put a bounty to hurt other players in the league. Saints will never get respect until that piece of $h!t is no longer your coach. He shouldn't even be allowed to coach, anywhere!
I wouldn't be casting stones about holding when Joe Staley is still your LT. He holds ALMOST as much as Andrew Whitworth does and that's saying something. The man had two handfuls of Davenport's jersey everytime he came around the bend yet you going to ***** about holding? LOOOOOL.

And what are you talking about? We were only missing one starter on our OL (Peat, our LG) and his replacement (Easton) has filled in more than admirably in the four games since Peat went down. You obviously don't watch any games the 49ers don't play in.

As for how can our OL "all of a sudden stop a D like y'all"? Likely because our DL is just as good as y'all DL is and our OL goes up against them every day in practice. Playing against y'all was no surprise for them like it would be for other teams' OLs that don't have the benefit of an elite DL to practice against. And before you get all bent out of shape over the truth that just got dropped on you, y'all defense has 45 sacks, ours has 42.

And what bounties? You mean the NFL's fabricated storyline that was disproven through the NFL's own mandated injury data by an independent research organization? Between 2009 and 2011 (when the alleged "bounty system" was in place), our opponents suffered the 2nd fewest injuries in the NFL behind only the Chargers. The fact that you still believe that sham of an "investigation" (if it can even call it that) even after they trotted out a crumpled napkin with some names and dollar signs scribbled on it as their "most significant and key piece of evidence" tells me you're even dumber than your post lets on. :roll:

Looking forward to y'all making the trip back down here next month considering Shanahan more than likely emptied his playbook on Sunday. ;)

Now take your pills and go to bed, old man. It's getting late for you to be yelling at the sky. :lol: