Poll: What Was The Main Reason For The Loss?

What Was The Main Reason For The Loss?

• Coaching or lacktherof.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Too many distractions (travel, hype, etc).

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Simply not matching the Bucs intensity in the first half.

Votes: 53 46.1%
  • Buying into the hype (reading the press clippings, thinking just showing up would be enough, etc)

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Being a YOUNG team.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Other (Please comment below).

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters

m0ng0

Reaction score
They scored more points than we did and a 0630 start didn't help much either. Bottom line the TEAM lost.

Msfann

Reaction score
I think the most experienced QB of all time knows how to pick a team apart and exploit their weaknesses and Seattle got knocked on their ass. It happens sometimes. Now its up to Seattle to make adjustments for the next game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And look at some of those throws Brady was making yesterday. Fricken nails. Ignoring that fact and claiming he's 50 years old doesn't change the FACTS. He carved up this defense, as did his running game.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't agree that our DL was worse at the line of scrimmage than their OL. There was a LOT of holding going on and the refs were letting tons of stuff go that always gets called. Maybe something to do with playing in Germany and not wanting a flag fest but our DL is very far down the blame list for me.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The whole team seemed in a fog and just did not appear in the first half. The second half they made it a game but were unable to run the ball all game. They got pounded as a result.

Geno seemed quite uncertain and out of sorts and off his game most all of the game.

I doubt it was jet lag as TB was playing with only a 3.5 hour less jet lag. They just allowed themselves to spot TB 14 points and a half of football before showing up to play.
However, they got outmuscled and little answer.

Last edited:

StoneCold

Reaction score
1). We got dominated at the LOS on both sides of the ball.
2). We did not come close to matching the intensity of the Bucs.
3). Our gameplans were very vanilla on both sides of the ball.
4). Brady eats zone defenses for lunch, and I believe we played zone the entire game.
5). Where were the 3 TE sets and misdirection that has been so effective for us this season? It looked like a gameplan from years past.
6). They just looked very unprepared for this game and I'm not giving them a free pass because of the travel. The Bucs had nearly the same amount of travel as the Hawks did. And despite the relatively close final score, we were never in the game. It was complete and total domination from start to finish by the Bucs.
Was really curious about your number 5. Why didn't we see more of that?

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Take a look at this picture... 3 of our defensive lineman being held in this one picture...
Thinking the Refs allowing this the whole game may have influenced the outcome.
View attachment 55731
This picture is amazing and really exemplifies what was happening at the LOS yesterday.

However, one big caveat I want to add is: We didn't get flagged for holding either. We weren't holding to anything close to the degree and egregiousness that Tampa Bay was, but the fact is, the refs didn't screw us with holding calls while letting this go for TB.

Now, specifically ignoring holding calls very much benefits a team like TB who has struggled mightily to give Brady time whereas our OL has done very well for Geno, but I always say my biggest issue is when refs call ticky-tack BS on one side and ignore it on the other side. That's not what happened. (Though that didn't keep me from cursing the heck out of my television yesterday morning.)

So, two takeaways, based on that: First, we should have started playing as dirty as Tampa. Second, I'm less concerned about what this means for our front 7 in the future since it is rare that a team can get away with this level of holding so consistently throughout a game.

GemCity

Reaction score
There’s not a singular answer and was likely a combination of all those things.

The refs didn’t help but, that’s fairly normal. You win some..you lose some.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Other. 4 Ws in a row is the quota for a team learning what it is about.

I'm not griping. We have already reached what I thought we could do in an entire season. We got what I wanted in game 1 and have since been granted 5 helpings of gravy. What's not to like about that?
I would appreciate some mashed potatoes to go with all that gravy.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think Aros mentioned it in another thread of his.. they the Bucs were on a mission and played at a higher level while the Hawks seemed to be happy as vacationers. Yeah, we got beat at all levels and by the time we got into the game, it was really to late.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This game was so obviously not your typical game for a multitude of reasons so I am not surprised in the least that the refs kept from turning the game into a flag fest even if it was warranted. They wanted the German fans to enjoy the game and not deal with slowing the game down with flags like we are used to here in the US. <smirk>

sutz

Reaction score
I voted coaching, but I know there were several reasons adding up. But for me it starts with a game plan that missed completely what they did and did not adjust fast enough to catch up. We expected them to be pass happy because that's how their season was stacking up. We benched our best NT and they decided to go run happy. We didn't stop that until late in the game.

My second choice is the intensity in the first half. We sleep walked through the early part of the game. It's almost never just one thing.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think "not matching the Bucs intensity" is a coaching problem.

They really seemed to think they had the advantage in a ground-it-out game, and it took way too long to adjust.