Will Pete be fired after today?

• Yes

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 99 90.0%

• Total voters

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Pete's not getting fired Jody would have to eat like 50 million plus the replacement. It's not happening so get on board or get out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to see a coaching change, it makes sense that Allen's giving Pete and John another year or two to right the ship.

Pete is so involved in every aspect of this organization, other than Belichick he'd be the hardest coach to fire and replace for that reason alone.

Probably why as an owner you don't give the kind of power Jody gave Pete when she gave him his extension. Because it makes it virtually impossible to pull the plug without disrupting every nook and cranny of your organization.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
No, Pete will be back. He deserves to run it back with Russ and show this year was due to injury. If you disagree then that is fine. However if you disagree and want Sean Payton then that is laughable.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He'd be fired by now if he was to be. I hope we have new names at other coaching positions but given his recent interviews, it sounds like they're going into next year as if nothing happened.

BASF

Reaction score
It is so interesting watching the mental gymnastics Pete haters put themselves through. If Jason Meyers does not cost us three games, we have a ten win season again with Wilson having been injured and would have gotten into the playoffs in the toughest division in football. No, Carroll will not be fired.

nanomoz

Reaction score
You're misconstruing the report.

The Seahawks have no PLANS to trade Russell Wilson. This is absolutely not saying that they aren't trading Russell Wilson.

Last offseason's drama is going to be repeated, but it's not going to end the same way. And it'll come to a conclusion sooner, I imagine.

Russell Wilson will not be back under Pete Carroll with the Seahawks. Full stop.

If you haven't absorbed this, you're either controlled by confirmation bias or have your head in the sand.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":931ur6wv said:
Nice Politics in here. Lol.

No, Pete will be back. He deserves to run it back with Russ and show this year was due to injury. If you disagree then that is fine. However if you disagree and want Sean Payton then that is laughable.

Sorry 'bout that Shane, I didn't start the "politics" jabber, but I just couldn't let the LIES & attacks go unanswered, they're showing up everywhere you go on the internet, & one of the reasons I like coming here on SEAHAWKS.NET, is because I can get >AWAY< from the constant barrage of lies & noise.

As for my take on Pete Carroll's leniency towards Russell Wilson, I think he believes that Russ has given the Seahawks Franchise their best chances for success, (I agree) and therefor is doing his best to fine tune the Offense for his style of play, while at the same time, trying to pair him up with a good Running Game.
Too many Either / Or people in here>> it's EITHER Pete is the problem, OR it's Wilson is the problem, & honestly? WE can speculate 'til he!! freezes over, but I see NEITHER as 'The Bad Guy'.
It's obvious there's been some disconnect & injuries adding to the problems over the last couple-three years, but quitting isn't going to fix a damned thing, FOR ANYONE.
And besides, I don't see Pete getting axed, so there's a lot of foo-fer-rah going on in here for nuthin'. just my 2 cents

xray

Reaction score
It's a business 1st and foremost . If Carroll can't keep the seats of Lumen Field full then he will be replaced . I think he gets one more prove it year . IMO

TCHawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":kp9h488y said:
As much as I'd like to see a coaching change, it makes sense that Allen's giving Pete and John another year or two to right the ship.

Pete is so involved in every aspect of this organization, other than Belichick he'd be the hardest coach to fire and replace for that reason alone.

Probably why as an owner you don't give the kind of power Jody gave Pete when she gave him his extension. Because it makes it virtually impossible to pull the plug without disrupting every nook and cranny of your organization.

The structure makes no sense because you handcuff your ability to fix specific issues. You can't fix the personnel issue without getting rid of the coach. I hate it

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
xray":385vyyxg said:
It's a business 1st and foremost . If Carroll can't keep the seats of Lumen Field full then he will be replaced . I think he gets one more prove it year . IMO

I agree with this after some thought. You're right - warm and fuzzy don't pay the bills.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
No he wont be fired. Keeping him around is kind of silly though as everybody knows his ceiling is nothing more than a wild card post season win. Jody should at least wave the red flag at him this off season as a warning, but she gave him that extension and all that power to begin with so who knows.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TCHawks":2hjhucd2 said:
The structure makes no sense because you handcuff your ability to fix specific issues. You can't fix the personnel issue without getting rid of the coach. I hate it

YOUR problem is that you don't agree with how Pete Carroll is handling what YOU perceive as "Personnel Issues", when truth be told, you just want him gone, even IF canning him COULD be detrimental to the Franchise.
Too many want to just sh*t-can the whole enchilada and HOPE that someone else would come in and fix their perceived ideas of what's wrong.
IF Pete gets fired, it's just as possible that everything goes sour too.
I personally don't believe that we are that far from storming right back to the top of the NFC West AGAIN.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2i07jsfe said:
, when truth be told, you just want him gone, even IF canning him COULD be detrimental to the Franchise.
Too many want to just sh*t-can the whole enchilada and HOPE that someone else would come in and fix their perceived ideas of what's wrong.
I personally don't believe that we are that far from storming right back to the top of the NFC West AGAIN.

I want him gone no matter what. If the team loses for awhile with another coach, so what. At least they tried. Its worth the gamble. Keep Carroll is the equivalent of beating your head off the wall. You already know the results before it even happens. The best that you can hope for is that first round Wild Card win and thats about it. Anything more than that aint happening. I personally think the best Seattle can do next season is maybe 3rd and thats if the 49ers have their usual injuries. Bottom of the West is most likely.

LTH

Reaction score
Its good to have you around Pitt.. if you were not here Carroll would have one less to prove wrong like he has been doing the last 30 years...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":3s8odjh3 said:
Its good to have you around Pitt.. if you were not here Carroll would have one less to prove wrong like he has been doing the last 30 years...

LTH

Thats funny. He's proven me right for the past 6 years. How many more do you want to shoot for?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We went from first to worst this year, but made it a close call. If we can build on how we ended this season we can just as surely go from worst to first. We just have to figure out how to put the Rams in their place. A really strong running game would go a long way in that effort.

And a group of 10-20 message board users is not "everyone". Not even close.

morgulon1

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2lnczn35 said:
TCHawks":2lnczn35 said:

YOUR problem is that you don't agree with how Pete Carroll is handling what YOU perceive as "Personnel Issues", when truth be told, you just want him gone, even IF canning him COULD be detrimental to the Franchise.

I agree with you.

I think Seattle's problem is they're trying to Pete Carroll's kind of ball yet they don't have the
Same quality of roster . That's not a slam on the team , just compare the 2 rosters .

Marshawn Lynch ? The original LOB , that dirty gangsta Giacomini ?

I don't care about trends , Seattle just has to do what they do better than what the opponents do.