Poll

Would you trade Wilson to the Giants for Daniel Jones and 6 first rounders?

• Yes

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IronSaint

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1puuriwh said:
Saints would be the first team I'd call. Makes sense for everyone.
Agreed! I'd easily be down to give up 2 1sts potentially 3 for Russell given his talent and age.

iigakusei":1puuriwh said:
If RW gets traded I would LOVE to see him with Payton on the Saints.
You and me both. brother. Thinking about Wilson in our system with Payton calling plays has me salivating even if it's unlikely to ever happen.
:drool:

I know they worked out together this past offseason and part of me has wondered if Brees, knowing Winston or Hill likely won't be the true heir to his throne, tried to sell Wilson on finding a way to New Orleans (either through free agency in a few years or by forcing a trade earlier) and unite with Payton knowing how perfect of a fit he'd be in Payton's system.

I've always liked Wilson and selfishly would love him in black and gold. :lol:

nwHawk

Reaction score
So let it be written, so let it be done. In a New York minute. Realistically, Barkley and 3 1sts would be acceptable.

TreeRon

Reaction score
nwHawk":143aw29g said:
So let it be written, so let it be done. In a New York minute. Realistically, Barkley and 3 1sts would be acceptable.
Barkley ???? He's as big a bust as Rashad Penney.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TreeRon":27l71xtz said:
nwHawk":27l71xtz said:
Barkley ???? He's as big a bust as Rashad Penney.

Yeah, Barkleys stock is about nilch.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Rat":3tamo33r said:
I'd do it for two first rounders and no Daniel Jones.
The Bears offered 3 and we laughed. Seattle sitting pretty in terms of draft capital if they deal Wilson. I'd love to retain him but the team will continue to have more and more deficiencies at other key spots if we hang onto him too long. His value is ultra high now. This season isn't over by any means but we need to accept the inevitable and cash in and build a nasty ass defense. And we need to move Brooks back to middle his natural position if Bobby retires soon.

flv

Reaction score
I can confirm @Fade's point about only trading picks for the next 3 Drafts. Another point is that 1st round picks differ greatly in value. The Giants pick in 2021 is likely to be in the top 5 and be worth between 2.2 and 2.7 times as much as a Wild-card loser's 1st round pick, depending on whether you use the outdated traditional chart or a newer version. Additionally a pick from a later year only holds about 72% of the points value of the identical pick in the earlier year.

I don't know if the Giants are looking to trade for Wilson. I think they should be, but I don't think Seahawks fans would be impressed by any offer they'd make. 2021 1st, 2nd, and Jones might be all they'd offer.

Everyone loves a big haul of picks. Sign me up for 6 X 1sts.