Position You Would Shore Up Before Playoffs (If You Could)

lobohawk

Reaction score
Any way they can get pressure from a 4 man front. Cleaning up the gaps in the crossing routes should be possible with existing players and take away the easy passes. Not sure we have enough on the outside to complement Frank. Reed is excellent in the middle and I think the DTs will work. Just not sure we get enough from the Ends.

So DE for me.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Mojambo":3o8jpsme said:
Seafan":3o8jpsme said:
Ad Hawk":3o8jpsme said:
Seafan":3o8jpsme said:
Trade deadline is over. Doubtful the team can find a starter at any position that would be an improvement. Every player on the team makes mistakes.

Replace Griffin with whom?

This must be one of those fantasy threads.

Madden may be out a while. That might be the only spot that could be improved with a street free agent.

I liked the idea of using Poona at FB.

Yeah, you're overthinking it. It's simply a wish-thread. What do you wish were better in one position right now?

Well then I wish Earl never got hurt.

So he could be helping Dallas on their playoff push?

Do you really think the 'boys would've given a 1st for Cooper if we got a 2nd for Thomas? Obviously the 'boys wouldn't be the same team they are now with their apparent double threat (Cooper+Elliot) if they got Earl earlier in the season before the deadline. There's just too many variables at this time to assume anything

Elemas

Reaction score
I'd pick pass rush or corner...with a slight bias towards corner. Maybe it is the "ET" effect but, Griffin hasn't looked as good as his potential suggests. Still young...still learning but, that would be something I'd address if I could.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: I'd see if we could get an elite QB. I think that would make a difference. :sarcasm_off:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":12q8cyjy said:
:sarcasm_on: I'd see if we could get an elite QB. I think that would make a difference. :sarcasm_off:

:sarcasm_on: Or a HC who could lead a team through adversity. :sarcasm_off:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":19afndut said:
Mad Dog":19afndut said:
I know a lot of folks are bagging on the pass defense but its really the run defense that needs shoring up. We've always been about stopping the run and this year it's been a bugaboo. And everything has always fed off that. Stop the run and you can more easily rush the passer and drop your LB's into coverage. Don't stop the run and LB's have to creep up, DL have to read and react.

So if we could get a real run plugger I'd be happier.

KJ and/or Kendricks will help with that. We're basically playing with one linebacker back there right now, and that's been the problem.

I'm hoping that's all it needs.

Not been convinced that Stephen has been all that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":ca8th0xu said:
Kendricks back and Baldwin Healthy as he can be this year.
THIS ^^^^^^^^^!!
I was just thinking about Kendricks :stirthepot: :rumble: , & Baldwin's health rising a notch or two :irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
Kendricks help with the run and the dump passes, Baldwin if healthy would make the defense have to decide which receiver they don't want to beat them opening up the other two.

evergreen

Reaction score
Who wouldn’t want Earl back? But he was toxic. All about himself. We get Kendrick’s and KAj. And that’s freakin huge! All that gashing goes away plu the an has to hurry up...

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Pretty sure KJ is done for the year. Sounds like his knee is a mess and he's off site getting more done for it.

Kendricks is a huge addition.

Earl is dead to me. He's burned his last bridge IMO, no matter his talent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
1. Pass rush
2. Pass rush
3. Pass rush
4. Pass rush
5. DB..................just kidding, pass rush.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Mojambo":rbm3yogn said:
Seafan":rbm3yogn said:
Ad Hawk":rbm3yogn said:
Seafan":rbm3yogn said:
Trade deadline is over. Doubtful the team can find a starter at any position that would be an improvement. Every player on the team makes mistakes.

Madden may be out a while. That might be the only spot that could be improved with a street free agent.

Yeah, you're overthinking it. It's simply a wish-thread. What do you wish were better in one position right now?

He was going to be traded to KC, reports suggested. So it wouldn't have affected the NFC playoff race.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Mojambo":1miha14o said:
Seafan":1miha14o said:
Ad Hawk":1miha14o said:
Seafan":1miha14o said:

He was going to be traded to KC, reports suggested. So it wouldn't have affected the NFC playoff race.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Mojambo":vm15fzfy said:
Seafan":vm15fzfy said:
Ad Hawk":vm15fzfy said:
Seafan":vm15fzfy said: