QB controversy in 9ers land?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":387qkixi said:
Maulbert":387qkixi said:
Sports Hernia":387qkixi said:
Add Florio to the “NOT approved” sportswriters list. 8)

Loathe though I am to agree with a Niner fan, Florio is one of the worst about spinning lies out of whole cloth for quick clicks.
There’s a story going back years relating to my post/edited post, has very little to do with Florin who is a joke.
Some posters here that are Niners fans had a list of sportswriters that they didn’t like because they wouldn’t kiss the Niners org’s ass. These sportswriters not on the “approved” list would write about the Harbaugh/Jed York fued and the homers didn’t like it. That’s where/when the “approved sports writers” list was born.

So funny. LOL.

The list of writers Niner fans hate is exactly three people long and two of them are father/son. It has exactly zero to do with not kissing the Niners ass. Its because their entire MO is to stir the pot and say stuff for clicks. Its about having a negative or contrary slant to EVERY story because its how they get attention. Its the Skip Bayless school. Over recent years there have been ALOT of negative stories about the Niners and management, but you haven't seen that list grow. Thats becaus it WAS NEVER ABOUT SAYING NEGATIVE STUFF. It was about the motivation behind the stories. It was about just getting under Niner fan skin for attention.

Now Kawakami I don't like but ever since joined the Athletic his stuff has been more reasonable. He doesn't try so hard.

Lowell Cohn has all but retired but Lowell was that guy for every Bay Area team and is a total a-hole. You should hear other media members talk about Lowell.

It's his son Grant who is the worst. Total hack with no ability to do anything but stir the pot for clicks. I won't need to see the author and I can tell within a paragraph if it's a Grant Cohn article. Its that bad. I'd have to theing that the 49ers aren't the only fans blessed with writers like this. LOL. Gotta think there are one or two who cover the Seahawks.

This Florio thing is annoying, but I don't mind him too much. What I don't like tho is people who spin possibilities as stories to fill podcasts.

Nothing he said is untrue, but its not particularly newsworthy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
toffee":9oor370j said:
Sports Hernia":9oor370j said:
Maulbert":9oor370j said:
Sports Hernia":9oor370j said:
Add Florio to the “NOT approved” sportswriters list. 8)

Loathe though I am to agree with a Niner fan, Florio is one of the worst about spinning lies out of whole cloth for quick clicks.
There’s a story going back years relating to my post/edited post, has very little to do with Florin who is a joke.
Some posters here that are Niners fans had a list of sportswriters that they didn’t like because they wouldn’t kiss the Niners org’s ass. These sportswriters not on the “approved” list would write about the Harbaugh/Jed York fued and the homers didn’t like it. That’s where/when the “approved sports writers” list was born.

On 9ers forums, almost all sports writers local or national are not approved, the approved list is short, mostly beat writers that kissed the organization for living.

Don't think that's accurate and a huge exageration, but whatever. The only guys whom I lend zero weight whatsoever to are Tim Kawakami (tho I'm softening on that one since he joined the Athletic) and Lowell and Grant Cohn. That's it.

As for the beat writers, you are probably talking about Matt Barrows and Matt Maiocco, and its true they are pretty much universally liked, but its because they present their stories without spin at all. They don't shill and they don't troll for clicks. Its just the facts presented without spin.

If you want a total shill, that would be Tim Ryan. I can't listen to that guy. Drives me nuts. Trent Dilfer was the same way...total fanboys.