Quinn 2nd interview with Browns

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm seeing reports that Dan Quinn will be interviewing again with the Browns. My questions is why on earth would he be interested in that dumpster fire? The Browns have been perpetual losers. The upper management have a black eye seeing as they hand picked the last coach only to fire him less than a year later.

I get the whole argument of "there are only 32 head coaching jobs," thus they are desirable.

I also get that they have some defensive talent to work with. Just seems odd that if everyone else is pulling out that he would still be interested (they've had 2 coaching candidates pull of contention for this job- red flag to me)

what say you?

Erebus

Reaction score
As the HC, he could be the one to extinguish that dumpster fire and make them contenders. Any HC job is desirable, unless you have a hands on owner like Jerry Jones.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. He's the best of what's left for candidates out there.

I'd agree that Cleveland is the worst job out there right now, with that ownership and FO. They don't have a QB, although the defensive personnel is good and Quinn can work off of that. OL isn't all that bad either; I'd swap their OL with ours in a second.

I'm guessing that Quinn is just doing this for the experience and that when a better job offer comes around, he'll be on it. Miami will be available in a couple of years if they don't make the playoffs, and they have a QB in place. I get the whole "only 32 jobs out there" but there's a couple of things working for Quinn: he's got the core personnel in place to have an elite defense for a few good years. His stock won't go down if the defense tanks because it won't tank. And this is an instant gratification league: look how fast Cleveland got rid of their HC....there will be at least one job next year that opens up and it will surprise folks that it's open.

I'd be surprised if he actually took this job. I'm not surprised he's dancing with the Browns this long.

drdiags

Reaction score
Really surprised Lombardi and team would want anyone from Seattle. Always got the impression Lombardi was not that impressed with how Pete and John did things around here. I know their FO was quoted as saying the Seahawks were stupid for the Harvin trade, though they did get the Hawks on that one in some aspects.

Come on Percy!! One miracle game ... hee hee!

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'll play devil's advocate and try to come up with an argument as to why Quinn should take it. I'll preface it by saying that that front office really doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt or a lot of trust from an potential HC candidate.

1. Two first round draft picks
2. winnable division (Cin, Pit, Bal are capable of being solid but they're not Sea/SF imposing)
3. the defensive personnell that he will inherit blows away what Pete got here in 2010, and what Gus inherited last year in Jax:

Leo: Jabaal Sheard DTs: Rubin and Taylor Elepehant: Desmond Bryant
SAM (B Irvin role): Mingo MLB: Dqwell Jackson
#1cb: Joe Haden SS: TJ Ward

4. crappy weather for home games.

5. if you can find yourself a good young athletic qb and a power run game (Joe Thomas is a nice anchor for the oline) you could be trending towards Sea/SF of the AFC.

6. fanbase that really cares

But yes; Lomabardi, Banner, and Haslem are cause for hesitation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The poor Browns. Their head coach search has turned into a laughing stock. How many candidates have pulled out or even refused to interview? Like 3-4 now?

But Quinn might be a coach that would take that job. I think Cleveland actually has some talent, all they need is a decent QB and I think they could compete in the AFC North........not exactly a strong division anymore.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I honestly don't know why they want him. They need experience and security, and they are going after a guy who has never been a HC, only been a DC for one year, and took over a Defense that was good without him.

I'm not sure why they think he will save their franchise.

As a DC he is great and made some good adjustments this year, but why would anyone think he can come in and turn a program around by himself?

Brithawk38

Reaction score
I fear that when Quinn's D dismantles the AFC champs he will be able to name his price for the HC post there and would take it for all the reasons kobebryant states above

Shock2k

Reaction score
kobebryant":dnpaeefi said:
I'll play devil's advocate and try to come up with an argument as to why Quinn should take it. I'll preface it by saying that that front office really doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt or a lot of trust from an potential HC candidate.

2. winnable division (Cin, Pit, Bal are capable of being solid but they're not Sea/SF imposing)
3. the defensive personnell that he will inherit blows away what Pete got here in 2010, and what Gus inherited last year in Jax:

5. if you can find yourself a good young athletic qb and a power run game (Joe Thomas is a nice anchor for the oline) you could be trending towards Sea/SF of the AFC.

7. Will fire you after one year for absolutely no apparent reason. Even if you loose 3 QB's during the Season and end up with Jason Campbell.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
They're also interviewing the Bills DC for a second time. Hopefully they don't want to wait a couple more weeks for Quinn and go with him.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Shock2k":1ltcrk2o said:
kobebryant":1ltcrk2o said:

7. Will fire you after one year for absolutely no apparent reason. Even if you loose 3 QB's during the Season and end up with Jason Campbell.

Reading comprehension, boss.

Your point is definitely not a reason as to why Quinn should take it.

seabowl

Reaction score
If Quinn leaves who comes in? Norton?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It would be a raise of at least $3 million per season for him, I'm sure. That might have something to do with it.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
The Sh*t stains do have some talent but were idiots to fire Chudzinski. They played hard for him and now they (in typical Browns fashion) ruin all hope. Either way we don't eat our own, I wish Quinn well if he does leave.

Latest posts