Quinn and Schotty to the Donks? Say it ain't so?!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Someone please tell me how we get Quinn back as our DC? Cookies? Chocolate? Huge Raise? Case of Scotch? Key to the city?

Something..... c'mon..... ;)

And jesus - ANYWHERE but the donks!

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Considering that Quinn saw what Russ was from the lob perspective and that Schotty arguably got fired over Russ, they’d only take this deal if they got paid 100m fully guaranteed for them For starters.

There Will in fact have to be an understanding with any coach about how Russ will be handled.

The owner doesn’t seem to be in love with Russ. It’s more like how Jed York would feel if he extended Kaepernick, but worse as the Waltons had the situation thrust upon them.

The owners comment is that Russ needs to be ready after the off-season. That means losing 20 pounds minimum and not in the sauna the day before. His entourage has Been a losing strategy. Theres no need to have them in the facility or in the office. Which, by the way, should be shared with a backup quarterback that You will split reps 50 50 against in preseason. All of it, not just one series, Russ.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It seems likely they're going to pick up an experienced head coach. The Broncos probably would have made a better choice bringing in Quinn last year but hired Hackett instead. Quinn is a good possibility if he's interested. The job was a lot better last year.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Considering that Quinn saw what Russ was from the lob perspective and that Schotty arguably got fired over Russ, they’d only take this deal if they got paid 100m fully guaranteed for them For starters.
So, this board has gone from Schotty wanted to let Russ cook & Pete was having none of that & forced him to revert back to "Pete Ball", to Russ got Schotty fired?

Cool story.

You don't know any of this. Seriously, unless you were in the locker room of course, which I doubt. On top of that, coaches contracts are guaranteed unless fired with cause so.........

Just because we no longer like him doesn't mean everybody is in that boat.

There's a post on the other board basically saying that Lockett said nice things about Russ but didn't really mean it because he was just trying to be nice. Like, WTF? Russ can't still have friends?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If I’m Schottenheimer or really anyone I know what’s up. I would just stay Put unless I myself had guaranteed to buy a 12 bathroom house

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don't understandt

Someone please tell me how we get Quinn back as our DC? Cookies? Chocolate? Huge Raise? Case of Scotch? Key to the city?

Something..... c'mon..... ;)

And jesus - ANYWHERE but the donks!
Dan Quinn is never coming back here as DC unless he's hired as head coach. I don't understand this pipe dream people have, he's not going to make a lateral move. Quinn also has a great deal more autonomy in Dallas than he would have here. He's under an offensive oriented HC and the defense is his baby in Dallas. He's long since moved on from Carroll style of defenses as well.

Last edited:

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Si reports Russ is trying to sell coaches

The less Russ has to say, the better. He vacationed with Hackett in England during the off-season. Next coach is gonna want the minimum in team dinners.

I agree, Russ needs realize that the less said, the better.

It feels insulting when someone attempts to snowball their warmed over make believe when I can see the situation for myself. Russ has no escape from spectacular failure except to put his nose to the grindstone and re-dedicate himself. He needs to shut the F up already and get to work. The good news is that most people like a come back story.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
I think Mike Zimmer would be a really good choice. I’d call him first to gauge his interest.

Donn2390

Reaction score
If I were Mr. Walmart, which ever coach I selected, his salary would be paid for by Russell "coach killer" Wilson.

Sean Payton shares how he would fix struggling Broncos QB Russell Wilson
This fantasy of Sean's would promptly backfire once he found out no matter how smart he is and how much he knows about coaching, once the game starts Russell goes his own way, he is the smartest man in the stadium.
I just don't see anyone able to fix all of Russell's problems, beginning with his age and lack of mobility, before you even get to all of the other faults. He can't run, he can't escape, he can't see, he can't deliver...it's just OVER..!

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Wilson is going to surprise some people with a bounce back year next year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
So ... Russ got Schotty fired?
There was an SI article back in September alleging that from Corbin Smith, link is here and relevant quote from a "team source" is below.

"Don't let his comments mask his real thoughts," the source remarked. "He had grown tired of Schotty from a play-calling perspective and wanted something fresh. As much as he benefited from his coaching, he didn't think the two could co-exist anymore in a football marriage."
Of course I don't know if that's true, and the current state of sports "journalism" is pretty terrible. It's more than just random board speculation though, and it wouldn't be the first time that what Wilson claimed publicly didn't line up with his private actions.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Wilson is going to surprise some people with a bounce back year next year.
I'm afraid any bouncing Russ does next year will not be beneficial to either himself or the Donk's. He is much closer to being bounced out of the league than bouncing back to his former self.. But keep a good thought..
If he makes a comeback, good for him, but the odds are against that happening..