Raiders fire Head Coach Josh McDaniels

bileever

Reaction score
They paid Jimmy Garoppolo $72 million over 3 years, and now they're going to bench him?

The decisions made by the Raiders over the last couple of years during the McDaniels regime range from curious to stupefying.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Lions OC is one to watch. Haven’t a clue about GM.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
I've heard Jim Harbaugh's name quite a bit - don't know if I buy that but who knows. They would have been better sticking with Rich Besaccia (sp?) - he was interim after Gruden.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I hope people realize now that, since it's apparent that Bill Bilichick is an average coach boosted by a legendary QB, that all his "disciples" that left to be head coaches themselves have failed when trying to bring the "Patriot Way" to other franchises. The Patriot Way was Tom Brady. Matt Patrica, Josh McDaniel's (twice), Romeo Crennel, Nick Saban (as an NFL coach), Eric Mangini, Joe Judge. All failures.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I hope people realize now that, since it's apparent that Bill Bilichick is an average coach boosted by a legendary QB, that all his "disciples" that left to be head coaches themselves have failed when trying to bring the "Patriot Way" to other franchises. The Patriot Way was Tom Brady. Matt Patrica, Josh McDaniel's (twice), Romeo Crennel, Nick Saban (as an NFL coach), Eric Mangini, Joe Judge. All failures.
I'm agreeing with you on this . The common denominator is Mr Tom Brady.
Had NE never had that QB I'm not sure Belecheat wins one super bowl. He had to cheat to win WITH Brady. Then you have all these assistants coming up for head coaching opportunities with pedigree of the highest level and....

Fail.

knownone

Reaction score
Belichick absolutely benefited from Brady. But he's still the best defensive coach in NFL history, so calling him average feels like a stretch.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Belichick absolutely benefited from Brady. But he's still the best defensive coach in NFL history, so calling him average feels like a stretch.
Ok , Belichek is a good defensive coach. great ? Maybe . I will say that he benefited from that Lawrence Taylor guy.
Not sure how he did in Cleveland. He did have a solid smart squad in NE.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Bill O'Brien had some success with the Texans. He is about the only one of the assistants to do so.

knownone

Reaction score
Ok , Belichek is a good defensive coach. great ? Maybe . I will say that he benefited from that Lawrence Taylor guy.
Not sure how he did in Cleveland. He did have a solid smart squad in NE.
I don't even mean great. I mean the greatest defensive coach of all time. Belichick has 28 years with a top-10 scoring defense and 11 years with a top-2 scoring defense. There really isn't anyone that comes close to him besides Tom Landry.

morgulon1

Reaction score
If some team offered him a job and rescinded their offer at the last minute, that would be hilarious & deserved. Kind of like what he did to Indy.
He's definitely been killed in the media. Players aren't holding back l