Ranking Rookies by Impact

HawkGA

Reaction score
Last year I did some sort of list like this and somehow left Collier off. Turns out I was more right than I knew at the time! I think I had Haynes #1 or at least near the top and that didn't work out very well (actually I think I had Metcalf at #1, and that did work out well).

Henderson at ESPN has his take here.

https://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seaha ... ate-impact

I think he is probably largely right, though I would put Lewis at #2 (and possibly #1) because I think he has a better chance of seeing the field than Brooks does. I'm hopefully Taylor has a big impact, but also cautious. I also think the dynamic with him and Robinson could be interesting. Both essentially playing the same position and both being rookies, field time could be limited.

The biggest wild card is probably Dallas. Injuries could easily push him into big playing time and given the offense the Seahawks run, he could have more opportunities to shine than anybody else.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Brooks is going to play a LOT. A lot of fresh crow will be served up.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2n8y0d4i said:
Brooks is going to play a LOT. A lot of fresh crow will be served up.
He may be good in the long run but I don’t think he’s going to be that great this year. On the film I watched of him he needed a lot of work. If covid affects practice time, he’s especially going to look rough.

olyfan63

Reaction score
That was actually a really good article! So Brady Henderson actually understands the Seahawks! Nice to read a well-thought-out story that isn't brain-dead-drama clickbait.

I generally agree with nearly everything he wrote (I share the same near-worthless, hopeful guesses), EXCEPT that I think Colby Parkinson will have a bigger impact than he projects, and I would flip Brooks and Taylor's impact, that LB Brooks will have a bigger impact this season, even as he learns. (I'll be happy to be wrong if it means sacks for Taylor). I think he got DJ Dallas, my adopt-a-rookie, right.

I think TE/WR Parkinson will be a red zone post-up weapon approaching Jimmy Graham status. Whether we keep Jacob Hollister = coin flip, but he sure balled out for us last year. I also think Greg Olsen will be an amazing mentor to Parkinson and he will soak it up like a sponge. So, as Olsen gets nicked up, Parkinson will pick up some of his reps here and there, and become a force by the end of the season. Can't wait to see a Red Zone lineup of DK Metcalf on one side, and Colby Parkinson on the other side.

Latest posts