Rawls not playing this week

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Heard it on the radio so no link. I'm starting to get worried that he's not going to be ready by season opener. Pete insists that he will be, but....

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pete's modus operandi. Get optimistic about a player's recovery, then six weeks later he finally makes it back.

Hard to worry with Christine Michael in the lineup, though.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":258lir4p said:
Pete's modus operandi. Get optimistic about a player's recovery, then six weeks later he finally makes it back.

Agree on both accounts.

StoneCold

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":miyapb94 said:

Can any of us imagine saying such a thing at this time last year? Man has made some strides. Very good to see.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Meh, why worry he seems to be going well in practice and knows how to play in this O and has been there for all the practices and walk-throughs. No sense in risking his health when it isn't needed.

He's likely to get some reps in the last Pre-season game and that's good enough.

I'm more concerned with each one of our draft picks @ RB they need to see some PT for a reasoned assessment to be made of their abilities.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":g1j8uyln said:
MontanaHawk05":g1j8uyln said:

Agree on both accounts.
It's so strange to agree with this considering where Michael was this time last year.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
The reports are that he's looked good in team drills. I don't see the point in risking anything in a game that doesn't count. Maybe give him a couple carries next week so he has the chance to dive into the pool before the real bullets start flying (it's a mixed metaphor but you know what I mean).

McGruff

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1yi7i4lo said:
Meh, why worry he seems to be going well in practice and knows how to play in this O and has been there for all the practices and walk-throughs. No sense in risking his health when it isn't needed.

He's likely to get some reps in the last Pre-season game and that's good enough.

I'm more concerned with each one of our draft picks @ RB they need to see some PT for a reasoned assessment to be made of their abilities.

I don't know if its intentional, but it makes sense. They know what Rawls can do . . . but lets get Procise in there. Let's get Collins some reps with the ones. Let's see if Brooks can go or if Pope can keep up.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Not worried about this at all. Even if he did play I'd expect 5 carries at the absolute maximum. Let him ease in slowly cause we've got a more than capable number 2 in C-Mike.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Kinda think we was all in the same boat that he was going to be a wait and see until about the 4th season game. It may end up being exactly that. I hope that Pete sees what he wants to see in him before we use him at full strength. As a poster said above, let the other rooks get their claws in the ground and see what they can do for a job. The more experience they get in our system, the more potential they have to become a regular season teammate.

go hawks

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe he tightened up or is a bit sore and no need to push it, he just came back for christs sake.

mrt144

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2p8qbdhp said:

Could you imagine saying this 2 years ago?

LolaRox

Reaction score
I don't think it was ever their real intention to have him play this week. When Rawls came off PUP Pete said maybe the 4th preseason game.

Today Pete said that he has no hesitation in saying that Rawls will play in the opener but they'll see about next week.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Yeah, they have been saying for the last two weeks that they hoped Rawls would get some reps in the 4th preseason game. No point in taking any chances besides getting his feet wet. Nothing to indicate that Rawls has had any kind of setback either.

sutz

Reaction score
If they were really worried about his progress, they wouldn't have taken him off the PUP list and left that option open for the regular season.

I"m not surprised by this at all, and I'm not worried either.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think both Rawls and Graham are PUP'd until week 8. Just smoke and mirrors when they say they are ready to go.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Just glad they're not trying to rush anything. Rawls knows how to run, he's instinctive and smart, and the first game that counts this season is still 2.5 weeks away.

Latest posts