RB

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Saw a couple of good blocks by Homer that prevented sacks.

I think he had a good one on that Wilson scramble.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2gt539fq said:
You guys are clueless. You expect Barry sanders with less offensive linemen and perfect playcalling. Dude had four carries for 5 yards. Look at the stats. Hard to get out of the backfield immediately hit by two defensive lineman once you take a handoff. Wilson exactly matching stats Friday against dolphins rushing by the way. I guess we should run less with wilson too or replace him on INTENDED qb runs. Stupid. I swear this fan base has more exaggerated hate for it's own players than teams with players they admire and for no reason at all.

Let's wait till he has a game with 20 carries and negative yards before we deem him a lost cause. Moderators want to ban cuss words or name calling but not true team diminishing statements. Again...stupid!!!

We also saw a lot of Homer at the end of last year, including the playoffs where he was also ineffective. So much so that we had to grab Lynch out of the retirement home.

He knows the system, he's a good blocker most of the time.............but he's incapable of creating or breaking tackles. So while I'm not ready to cut him and give Dallas his carries just yet, I'm getting close.

And I betcha Pete is too. As soon as Dallas gets the playbook and blocking schemes down, Homer's gone.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3sb5w19h said:
You guys are clueless. You expect Barry sanders with less offensive linemen and perfect playcalling. Dude had four carries for 5 yards. Look at the stats. Hard to get out of the backfield immediately hit by two defensive lineman once you take a handoff. Wilson exactly matching stats Friday against dolphins rushing by the way. I guess we should run less with wilson too or replace him on INTENDED qb runs. Stupid. I swear this fan base has more exaggerated hate for it's own players than teams with players they admire and for no reason at all.

Let's wait till he has a game with 20 carries and negative yards before we deem him a lost cause. Moderators want to ban cuss words or name calling but not true team diminishing statements. Again...stupid!!!

I sense much anger from this man.

My advice, don't get worked up about people's opinions. There are way too many, and life is too short to be focusing on the negative.

Like a strange philosopher once said: Opinions are like a holes, everybody's got one. :229031_chillpill:

Palpitation

Reaction score
One thing that impresses me about Carson is his patience. He has the ability to let the holes open and then bust through. Similar to Leveon Bell when in Pitt. A problem with Homer is he gets the ball and just runs...often into the vicinity of a D player able to take him down. Not sure if he will be able to fix that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The challenge with Dallas is that he is a much better RB. (Better is relative but he will give you reasonably positive yards and seems to have better vision than Homer).

But....

You get those extra yards at the possible expense of extra hits on your QB.

I have been very vocal in not wanting Homer to run. Or at least rarely, on drives we know we are probably OK punting.

(Or alternatively, maybe when we have a 2nd and 1, because we know we have one more down to get that yard with someone else.)

But I haven't seen any RBs that actively effective or even aggressive in protecting the QB. And it might be worth it to keep him back there because we really need Wilson not to get hits on him.

If Dallas was a threat to break it for 20 like Penny could occasionally? Maybe. But a 3-5 yard gain is not worth the extra sacks on Wilson or even hits on him where he still makes it to the LOS.

As much as I don't want Homer running, I don't know I want to trade better runs for less pass protection unless it is Carson back there.

Own The West

Reaction score
Homer's line of 4 carries for 5 yards and a 3 yard TD reception blew away Dallas' line of 2 for 8 and 2 for 15. It's not even close.

Homer AVERAGED 6.3 ypc in garbage time last year. That's better than nearly every grocery bagger in Wallingford.

:sarcasm_off:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2s28ajxf said:

We don't ban for opinions.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1moph8l3 said:
Saw a couple of good blocks by Homer that prevented sacks.

I think he had a good one on that Wilson scramble.

Perhaps he should be used on 3rd down situations exclusively. Certainly not as the guy who gets the ball on first and 10 as that seems to be an automatic 2nd and long.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":64wwkddn said:

:shock:

Woah man. Take it easy