Remaining games predictions

diver110

Reaction score
Some commentators talk about what a soft schedule we have to finish. Color me skeptical. Was and the 49ers are getting better and now the Rams have something to prove. I don't see us losing all three, but losing one is very likely and there is a real risk of losing two. My guess, 11-5, but winning the division on a tie breaker. Agree with Appyhawk that a second round playoff exit is likely. At the beginning of the season, I thought of us as favorites for the Super Bowl. While our defense has improved, I don't think it can hang with the top teams.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":ias5r9xf said:
ZagHawk":ias5r9xf said:
Giants - Win
Jets - Win
Washington - Loss - Trap Game
Rams - Win - Must win game to try and control the division
49ers - Loss - Niners are finally healthy-ish, NFL has overlooked last year's NFC Champion because they've been injured badly all year.

11-5 - Wildcard Team, Second round playoff exit. As Pete reverts to 100% Pete Ball without an elite defense. We continue to make excuses how this is a playoff team and no changes should be made.

Wow. Did you miss the memo that quinine water is not highly recommended for binge drinking?

I love it when people make responses like the above or "stop drinking the kool aid" and of course our favorite #fakenews, things to discount with absolutely no meat to it. Meanwhile my statement as depressing as it may be as a Seahawk fan (at the end of the day, we all still root for the same team) is made because this has pretty much been the EXACT outcome for our Hawks for the last like 4-5+ years straight.

Tell me since 2014...has the team ever made it past 2 games in the playoffs? did the teams not lose those games because once again the team went back into run, run, pass for 3.5 quarters while the opposing team built a nice lead while tiring out the defense and now Russ work your magic in the final 10 minutes to overcome 10-14 points while the opposing team blitzes the living crap out of you....oh and ZERO mistakes can be made at that time as well.

The water i'm binge drinking....is the results of our team seasons year after year. I would LOVE to be proved wrong, but I'm not seeing anything that is telling me Pete is going to suddenly adapt. You tell me how many 69 year olds who have developed a winning formula over decades suddenly decides "the game has changed around me, the talent I want for my scheme is NOT there, I should re-do my formula).

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Elemas":39l8vnc2 said:
Agree with the Washington L. I think it will be close but, they're a lot more dangerous than their record shows.

Of course, we'll all be happy with a clean sweep.

Agreed here which is why I labelled it as "Trap game" everyone is overlooking them as a bad team, but if you look at their performances they're not half bad and they are still playing for a playoff spot. They also look to be improving on offense through the season.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of talk about THE Washington Footballz Team's defensive prowess, but last time I checked, offensive production was not a problem for the Seahawks. Sure, there has been a bit of shuffling in this weird season with letting Russ do his thang, then trying to get back to running as health allows.

Gonna go with L to Rams. (or San Fran if it doesn't matter at that point.)

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t know why people think the stretch down the road is easy.

This isn’t a cupcake schedule.

Seattle could very well lose 3 of the remaining games:

Washington
Rams
Niners

If the coaches game plan wrong and play into the other teams strengths, Seattle can slip up and lose these 3 games.

I’m not convinced Carroll has learned from his mistakes cause every game he makes 2-3 costly game changing coaching mistakes, time management, bad end zone calls, being too conservative, etc. he is consistent when it comes to making egregious errors that prove costly.

I’m just not sold Seattle can put away these teams because of Carroll thinking too conservatively.

Don’t sleep on Washington, they can pressure Wilson with their front four rather easily.

Seattle can lose these three games if Carroll gets out coached and Carroll does not take Washington seriously.

misfit

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3a0zcu8l said:
SoulfishHawk":3a0zcu8l said:
They could also WIN all 3, so there is that.
What would you say is more likely?

Winning all three, or losing all three?
winning all 3

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Winning all 3, absolutely. This is a damn good team, if you don't think they are, that's fine.
I still stick to my 11-5, but I can see 12-4 happening. Not sure why people are so down on these guys.
Have at it, fan how you want. We can agree to disagree :irishdrinkers:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I don't think it's a knock on your team to think it's not going to easily just sweep a division opponent, especially since they're 2-2 in the division right now. The Rams team already showed this year (and every year prior) they are like kryptonite to RW and PC offenses, they're one of the few division teams that have swept the Hawks even in the LOB prime and those were 7-9 Rams teams (the talent is mostly still there on defense for the Rams, you could argue the offense is better and the coach is certainly better). Then you got the Niners who I think some of us are forgetting was the best team in the NFC last year and are getting healthy towards the end of the year and picking up steam. They're not going to just roll over and die at home Week 17 especially if they're playing for their wildcard chances and need it more than the Hawks at that point.

The NFCLeast are going to find a win here and there, and you hope it's not against your team. Especially your team that still does not have an identity in week 12. The Seahawks are a good team, they are not an ELITE team (I think KC and Steelers only teams looking that way right now in the entire NFL). So yeah to think they could lose 2 out of the remaining 5 is realistic. And if you see them only losing 2 in the remaining 5 and none of those 2 are the division...well that means you're gonna lose to the NFCLeast (which will give u no faith in the division games).

keasley45

Reaction score
Love the Hawks and can see them winning out because they have the ability to do so now that the D is coming around. But the thing is you cant ever simply rely on them playing to their ability. Because invariably, in random situations, like the first cards game, they will forget how to counter heavy rushes. Or like against the Bills, they just look completely lost and dont adjust properly to what the opposing team is doing. And like many have said, the Rams have our number.

So best case? they play up and win out.
Worst case, they catch another case of 'WTF were they thinking' and drop one to Washington, the Rams, and the Niners.

If i had to guess, i think we drop one to Washington, actually beat the Rams on the rebound because i think our pass rush can really throw Goff off balance this go-round. But coming off of that high, we go into SF overconfident and lose a close one to the 9ers, making a game of it after falling behind as a result of a bunch of self inflicted wounds in the first half.

And all of that will bode well for us because we head into the playoffs @ 11-5 with a bit of fire in our pockets and desire to prove we belong. We will make the NFC championship game this year. Beyond that? Stay tuned.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3tbl68b9 said:
Especially your team that still does not have an identity in week 12.

You know I actually was thinking about what I wrote earlier this morning, and had this glimmer of hope. Is this lack of identity actually proof maybe an old dog (PC) can learn new tricks? and I'm finally getting what I've always been asking for....a team that adapts/gameplans to it's opponent vs sticking with a gameplan/identity every game even if it does not match up against the opponent? Time will tell.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
PC is a solid B+.

The Hawks will always be contenders.

I guess good enough is good enough. But don't expect any excitement. Not the PC way.

See below:

"1. There is no good explanation for that call.
2. See No. 1.
3. The Patriots are absolutely, unequivocally worthy Super Bowl champions. They were one of the best teams in the league all year and the best team over the course of the postseason. They were probably the best team in this game. And let’s be clear about something else: Butler made a fantastic play to intercept Wilson.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":14b4bwgy said:
MO Hawk":14b4bwgy said:
Saints & Packers 1st round playoff bye

Wrong

MO Hawk":14b4bwgy said:
Seahawks final record: 11-5 - barely make playoffs

Wrong

We will either drop one to the Rams or the Niners, and end the season at 12-4

12-5 a whole lot more likely? I said the Jets were the most dangerous team left on the schedule. Maybe not now that we lost to the Giants, more motivation to win that one, HOWEVER, I'm sure the Steelers were looking past Washington tonight and BAM, undefeated season gone. Never underestimate any team in the NFL or consider any game an easy win.

New prediction,
Jets - Win
Washington - Win
Rams - Loss
49ers Win

Final record 11-5, Rams win NFC West, Seattle is a wild card team given the way they are playing lately. You would think they would realize the value of a 1st round bye and play up to that level. BTW, I hope I am Wrong and that we win out and win the division. Until we figure out how to beat zone coverage, we're in trouble.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Jets - Win
Washington - Loss
Rams - Loss
49ers - even