Rival fan forum suffers apologetic meltdown by "hawks fan."

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/10/27 ... he-numbers

You have to read the comments, but tl;dr a full half of them are by someone saying "as a Seahawks fan, my team really sucks" and "I have been a Hawks fan since 1976 and they suck."

Whoever this is started enraging even the crusty 9er fans who were convinced he was a troll. Enter yet another Hawks fan setting this alleged Hawks fan straight.

We hate each other, right, but at the core of it is a dysfunctional Thanksgiving relationship.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2rzk4l8c said:
https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/10/27/21535602/49ers-seahawks-by-the-numbers

You have to read the comments, but tl;dr a full half of them are by someone saying "as a Seahawks fan, my team really sucks" and "I have been a Hawks fan since 1976 and they suck."

Whoever this is started enraging even the crusty 9er fans who were convinced he was a troll. Enter yet another Hawks fan setting this alleged Hawks fan straight.

We hate each other, right, but at the core of it is a dysfunctional Thanksgiving relationship.

Richard eating Turkey at midfield? :3-1:

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":23822ceb said:
SantaClaraHawk":23822ceb said:

Richard eating Turkey at midfield? :3-1:

They got that turkey, didn't they?

Own The West

Reaction score
Interesting comment on Shanny v Norton on that thread:

So one thing I do is make it a point to follow a certain few coaches( shanahan, Reid and Payton for offense, Pete, Vic fangio and Mike Tomlin for defense)at their press conferences because its sometimes a )great insight into not just teams but offensive and defensive philosophy and nuances(and breakup of responsibilities. One thing I've learned is that all the good coaches emphasise is that it isnt just how clever the playcall is, but when you call it, and thats the true separation. Pete does gameplan but he lets Norton call the games because he doesnt like to "get in the placaller's head". THus during the games, the D is Nortons. There's been just one exception all year, when Pete got involved on a 4th and short for the game vs the Pats and he solved the issue that time. its Norton who's been struggling all year(and for a few before this one). I don't think anyone needs to argue Shanahan's offensive capabilities, he's top 2-3 in the NFL in my opinion and anyone who has him lower probably isn't paying enough attention.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Own The West":3deufltn said:
Interesting comment on Shanny v Norton on that thread:

So one thing I do is make it a point to follow a certain few coaches( shanahan, Reid and Payton for offense, Pete, Vic fangio and Mike Tomlin for defense)at their press conferences because its sometimes a )great insight into not just teams but offensive and defensive philosophy and nuances(and breakup of responsibilities. One thing I've learned is that all the good coaches emphasise is that it isnt just how clever the playcall is, but when you call it, and thats the true separation. Pete does gameplan but he lets Norton call the games because he doesnt like to "get in the placaller's head". THus during the games, the D is Nortons. There's been just one exception all year, when Pete got involved on a 4th and short for the game vs the Pats and he solved the issue that time. its Norton who's been struggling all year(and for a few before this one). I don't think anyone needs to argue Shanahan's offensive capabilities, he's top 2-3 in the NFL in my opinion and anyone who has him lower probably isn't paying enough attention.

To the last part, definitely agree. Shanahan is a wizard, offensively. He can craft a league leading rushing attack out of twine and paperclips. Garoppolo is their bottleneck.

LTH

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":5qt1w3nb said:

The Seahawks are my relief from the outside world ... a place where I can go and have fun without BS... Not so much anymore...

The negativity is overwhelming! but the worst part is that some don't even understand what the process of the season is... they just get caught in this pity party... they can't seem to understand that the season is the place to work through problems and issues like not having a DE or maybe our guys are developing or whatever the case..

its like some people need therapy because they are just caught in this negativity and it doesn't matter what happens they just find more sh@t that is wrong instead of enjoying what's right... Here we were 5-0 for the first time EVER and all I read was how the D sucks A$$... there was VERY LITTLE celebration... THAT'S WEIRD!! :rumble:

Now going on to a 49er forum and laying a HUGE egg like that... thats embarrassing.. I didn't read it cause i'm trying to celebrate a great season but dang... :141847_bnono:

Im just craving some celebration dang someone hook me up with a really nice read about what's going right...there is very little hope on this board...

LTH

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I empathize lth, it's just that that last game did kinda lay out what people have been thinking for a long time (and which the stats bear out). It's easier to maintain relative optimism while fixing the issues that you can, you know?

We could win the west. Or we could come in third. I think the first is more possible already. Way more possible if we just have a normally crappy defense, like maybe 12th or 14th overall. Getting down to 31 out of 32 is definitely concerning.

LTH

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1r6ij32s said:
I empathize lth, it's just that that last game did kinda lay out what people have been thinking for a long time (and which the stats bear out). It's easier to maintain relative optimism while fixing the issues that you can, you know?

We could win the west. Or we could come in third. I think the first is more possible already. Way more possible if we just have a normally crappy defense, like maybe 12th or 14th overall. Getting down to 31 out of 32 is definitely concerning.

Not to me... they just picked up a new DE. We got players coming back from injury and it's gonna turn... I promise you it's going to turn... were 5-1 going into a division game with the niners we might even lose this game but it doesn't mean anything because it's going to turn... Carroll and JS will work it out like they do every year... every year I listen to the same crap and every year it turns ..we make the playoffs and even some years we contend for the SB...

Almost the best part is watching how they turn it around...

There is actually people who are LAME enough they want to fire Carroll... LMAO!!!

This world is going mad.... bahahahahahaha!!! it used to be that we would bash Ram fans and 49er fans now we just grovel to the enemy? apparently LOL...

you guys remember GRITS? oh maybe that was another board...Now we just bash our own team because they lost 1 game... LMAO... Oh man!!!

LTH

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
Man I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I never thought I see the day when we'd complain about being 5-1.

Many do NOT understand the process of a season. I love that they are no where near peaking. It's the 2nd quarter of the season.

Breathe and enjoy the ride folks! This is FUN! Try to think back and remember what meaningless football feels like!!! :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
LTH":1hceabae said:
SantaClaraHawk":1hceabae said:

Not to me... they just picked up a new DE. We got players coming back from injury and it's gonna turn... I promise you it's going to turn... were 5-1 going into a division game with the niners we might even lose this game but it doesn't mean anything because it's going to turn... Carroll and JS will work it out like they do every year... every year I listen to the same crap and every year it turns ..we make the playoffs and even some years we contend for the SB...

Almost the best part is watching how they turn it around...

There is actually people who are LAME enough they want to fire Carroll... LMAO!!!

This world is going mad.... bahahahahahaha!!! it used to be that we would bash Ram fans and 49er fans now we just grovel to the enemy? apparently LOL...

you guys remember GRITS? oh maybe that was another board...Now we just bash our own team because they lost 1 game... LMAO... Oh man!!!

LTH

Agree with most of this; we're getting healthy, we have Snacks and Kendricks plus Dunlap, we could easily be a mid-tier defense. Which with this o could go far.

I remain concerned however about some of our depth problems. How did we get to a point exactly where we're down to a corner who frankly needs to be on ps if here at all? And on the other side, how are we collecting defensive players who all seem to be "special teams aces" and that's it?

These are nits that should have, could have been addressed before the last minute, but then again we seem to like playing the games kinda that way lol

Sealake80

Reaction score
LTH is right. It’s fun to consistently watch this team grow and turn it on at the end.

The defense has been horrible up to this point. But chances are high that it makes improvement as the year goes on!

I think we lose a couple more games here soon... some fans will melt down. The team will grow. We will make the playoffs. Maybe even win some games there. Another great season for PC, JS, RW and the rest of the franchise.

RW to DK is turning into an unstoppable option. Enjoy!