Rob Staton's take on Byron Murphy

Ozzy

Reaction score
You don't speak for everyone.

Sad that nobody has addressed the actual post. I agreed that Murphy has the look of top-tier defensive tackles and the toolbox. No way this pick is going to go bad, barring some four-wheeler situation.
Rob has always been great to me so that's how I judge him.

I like his thoughts on Murphy and he was high on him pre-draft too for Seattle.

chris98251

Reaction score
You don't speak for everyone.

Sad that nobody has addressed the actual post. I agreed that Murphy has the look of top-tier defensive tackles and the toolbox. No way this pick is going to go bad, barring some four-wheeler situation.
I never said I did speak for everyone now did I, comprehension is a lost skill.

toffee

Reaction score
Rob didn't play ball, after all, he grew up in the United Kingdom, and he probably never coached. In short, he gets his player evaluation from reading scout reports, not unlike most of us on dot net. No more, no less, he is just like one of us, except some of us played ball or coached teams.

Last edited:

James in PA

Reaction score
I like and appreciate most of the Seahawks YouTube-ers, including Rob Staton. Dan Viens is probably the best one, IMO. I also like Brandon Cain. Brendon Nelson is the one who gets under my skin a little bit just because he is so damn negative. You just feel hopeless as a fan listening to his takes, like we're so many years away and so many players away from being contenders. He seems to shit on every move we make, including our latest one of taking the best defensive player in entire draft and at a position of need. SMH.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I like and appreciate most of the Seahawks YouTube-ers, including Rob Staton. Dan Viens is probably the best one, IMO. I also like Brandon Cain. Brendon Nelson is the one who gets under my skin a little bit just because he is so damn negative. You just feel hopeless as a fan listening to his takes, like we're so many years away and so many players away from being contenders. He seems to shit on every move we make, including our latest one of taking the best defensive player in entire draft and at a position of need. SMH.
Rob lost me after his complete BS attack on Top Billin that came out of nowhere and was not provoked. That's unacceptable behavior.

Dan is very good so far. You can get a sense that he's done professional broadcasting work to some degree.

Brendon Nelson is like a Wow Player that spends too much time telling everyone else what to do and what he thinks, and not enough time being critical of himself at all. He's also unpolished, lazy, and mostly just steals ideas from the Internet.

Brandon Cain does good shows, but he does a podcast with Nelson that is cringe to watch because of how absolutely terrible Nelson is.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Rob didn't play ball, after all, he grew up in the United Kingdom, and he probably never coached. In short, he gets his player evaluation from reading scout reports, not unlike most of us on dot net. In short, he is just like one of us, except some of us played ball or coached teams.
Voyeurs have better mirror neurons

dutchcoug

Reaction score
I liked Rob back when he posted here but got run out of town by some of our more sensitive users. Some of the criticisms is warranted but some of you really hate him. Oh well. I still read his blog/Twitter posts and watch him occasionally on YouTube. I don’t always agree with him and he can be a bit long winded but great analysis.

Out of the other YouTubers I like are Dan Viens and Corbin Smith at LO Seahawks. I wish Colten was solo, can’t stand any of his co-hosts. Rob Rang is ok but super corny is a little too obsessed with the Huskies during the shows.