Roddy White was just on NFL Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I clicked on half way through the interview, but he and Trey Wingo were talking about Sherm. Roddy said he didn't like Sherm at all. But one thing stood out, Roddy said he didn't like the fact that Sherman throws his own teammates under the bus and there's a rule that players just don't do that.

I've never Sherman say anything bad about any Seahawk player ever. Any idea what Roddy was talking about?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The aderall thing maybe, the "half the players use it" comment? Only thing I can think of. But that doesn't seem to apply really.

Who knows what that dude is talking about.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think it was the comment he made about how Atlanta didn't complete any passes on him except the one they did get wasn't his fault, basically throwing Kam (I believe) under the bus.

I agree with Roddy. Sherm's act is just getting old and he needs to STFU.

Axx

Reaction score
he was talking about how Sherman blamed Kam Chancellor for the deep TD pass in the Atlanta Game.

Even though im almost certain sherman was right because Kam bit the play action hard, i dont think he shouldve said anything at all about the situation.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Roddy seems like a little crybaby. Man up! It's just a little trash talk.

His teammates love Sherm. If he was known for throwing them under the bus, would they be spending their offseason with him? Don't think so.

Axx

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":8ddlrf7t said:
I think it was the comment he made about how Atlanta didn't complete any passes on him except the one they did get wasn't his fault, basically throwing Kam (I believe) under the bus.

I agree with Roddy. Sherm's act is just getting old and he needs to STFU.

sherman never goes out of his way to talk about other players, he usually just gets interviewed and gives his honest answer.

Or are you one of those that can not get enough of those "PC Answers" in interviews?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Largent80":etmbjn9s said:
Don't hold your breath on that one John.

I'm not -- but if Sherman's act begins to cause problems in the locker room, I can't imagine he's going to get the big contract he expects in a year or two.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... sy-matchup

OK, Richard, then how do you explain White's 47-yard touchdown reception in the third quarter of last month's playoff game? The one that came with you in coverage?

"During that game, for example, the play where he caught the touchdown, the touchdown wasn't really on me, to tell the truth," Sherman said. "But I'm not going to throw a teammate under the bus, because I'm not that kind of player. If that's what you guys want to say, I'll take it."

He just said it wasnt on him, but didnt name anyone else.... I dont know, judgement call on that one, ahaha

themunn

Reaction score
The thing about the Kam Chancellor thing (whose name he didn't specifically mention)... it was a leading question/statement he was asked.

Basically along the lines of "you got beat by Roddy White"

What's he supposed to say there? "Yes, yes I did", when in fact it was another player at fault?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3h2y07uu said:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21721531/richard-sherman-calls-draft-a-sham-roddy-white-an-easy-matchup

OK, Richard, then how do you explain White's 47-yard touchdown reception in the third quarter of last month's playoff game? The one that came with you in coverage?

"During that game, for example, the play where he caught the touchdown, the touchdown wasn't really on me, to tell the truth," Sherman said. "But I'm not going to throw a teammate under the bus, because I'm not that kind of player. If that's what you guys want to say, I'll take it."

He just said it wasnt on him, but didnt name anyone else.... I dont know, judgement call on that one, ahaha

Sounds like he's saying, "I'm putting the blame on my teammates, but I dont want to blame my teammates."

JKent82

Reaction score
The reference was too the play that Roddy got the touchdown when Sherm slipped and Kam didn't stay on top of it. On one of Sherm's interview he was asked about it and Sherm said what happened (That Kam didn't stay deep). At least I'm pretty sure that's what was said.

It's one of those things you could bite your tongue and be polite and just say "they scored, doesn't matter who's job" or you can say what happened. It's an interesting one. Personally I prefer the first one but I perfectly understand why Sherman would say otherwise, he's not the sort to let things slide.

And the media really likes the second type.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Axx":uvbgzpkl said:
sherman never goes out of his way to talk about other players, he usually just gets interviewed and gives his honest answer.

Or are you one of those that can not get enough of those "PC Answers" in interviews?

On the other hand, I am also tired of RW being 100% PC so you have a point there ... but you can't tell me Sherman doesn't go out of his way to talk all kinds of smack. Who else would go on TV and say "I'm better at life than you". That's just over the top.

And he did throw Kam under the bus and shouldn't have. Hasselbeck never threw Alex Bannister under the bus.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm looking at a GIF of the play. While it does look like Kam failed to help over the top, I think Sherm also got beat on the play. White was his guy, and he let him get free. It happens.

Funny that people completely dismiss the multiple awesome pass deflections Sherm had earlier in that game. You could tell they wanted to go at him. Carroll even mentioned it during a sideline interview.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
JKent82":2qfc4j3z said:
The reference was too the play that Roddy got the touchdown when Sherm slipped and Kam didn't stay on top of it. On one of Sherm's interview he was asked about it and Sherm said what happened (That Kam didn't stay deep). At least I'm pretty sure that's what was said.

It's one of those things you could bite your tongue and be polite and just say "they scored, doesn't matter who's job" or you can say what happened. It's an interesting one. Personally I prefer the first one but I perfectly understand why Sherman would say otherwise, he's not the sort to let things slide.

And the media really likes the second type.

Ol' Sherm is "damned if he says something and damned if he don't"! Im sure that Pete will be having a "come on into my office, Richard" session soon.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3ms84e4u said:
I'm looking at a GIF of the play. While it does look like Kam failed to help over the top, I think Sherm also got beat on the play. White was his guy, and he let him get free. It happens.

Funny that people completely dismiss the multiple awesome pass deflections Sherm had earlier in that game. You could tell they wanted to go at him. Carroll even mentioned it during a sideline interview.

That's the thing, they don't mention how good he was for 99% of the game. They really go after him for that one play!

But Sherman has set himself up as the villain, and that's what happens. They go after the villain.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2wb2jmjo said:
Axx":2wb2jmjo said:

On the other hand, I am also tired of RW being 100% PC so you have a point there ... but you can't tell me Sherman doesn't go out of his way to talk all kinds of smack. Who else would go on TV and say "I'm better at life than you". That's just over the top.

And he did throw Kam under the bus and shouldn't have. Hasselbeck never threw Alex Bannister under the bus.

This is stupid- "He threw him under the bus." What are we in 3rd grade getting our feelings hurt. I'm glad he didn't let it slide. He was correctly the questioner.

Questioner says: you got beat.
He says: " actually I didn't but I don't want to throw the guy under the bus, so I'll take it."
What's wrong with that?

IMO it's the perfect response, he corrected the qusetioner without going into to much detail or assigning fault to one person or another and at the same time saying you can say i got beat but just know the facts.

I can't imagine Kam would be so thin-skinned as to take offense to a hint that it was his fault. Because at the end of the day it WAS Kam's fault, plain and simple. I would expect he would admit it as well.

chawx

Reaction score
I think what Roddy White meant to say was, "Richard Sherman and his teammates will hit you like a bus!"

Axx

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2btfc70d said:
Questioner says: you got beat.
He says: " actually I didn't but I don't want to throw the guy under the bus, so I'll take it."
What's wrong with that?

IMO it's the perfect response, he corrected the qusetioner without going into to much detail or assigning fault to one person or another and at the same time saying you can say i got beat but just know the facts.

I can't imagine Kam would be so thin-skinned as to take offense to a hint that it was his fault. Because at the end of the day it WAS Kam's fault, plain and simple. I would expect he would admit it as well.

Kam made a post on twitter after the interview about(along of the lines of)how bros cant treat bros like that. He shortly deleted the tweet.

Im sure that Kam and Sherman have completely forgot about it but Roddy is trying to bring it new life.

I hope SEA VS ATL is prime time next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts