Rodgers out for season

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers' aspirations for resurrecting the New York Jets lasted just four snaps.

Rodgers' and the Jets' cruelest fears were realized on Tuesday as an MRI revealed he suffered a torn left Achilles in Monday night's game against the Buffalo Bills and will miss the remainder of the 2023 season, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday, per sources.
That sucks for him and Jets fans. Now we will see if he can actually still be a part of the team, mentor Wilson? If he does that, I will have a lot of respect for him.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
That sucks for him and Jets fans. Now we will see if he can actually still be a part of the team, mentor Wilson? If he does that, I will have a lot of respect for him.
I feel bad for the fans. So much tied up with Rodgers that this season is clearly a bust now.

bileever

Reaction score
As much as I'm not a Rodgers fan, I hate for his season to end this way. Always a risk, no matter the age, but injuries more likely as you get older. Mainly, I feel bad for my daughter, the Jets fan.

Btw, did anyone else see that it was Duane Brown who missed on the block that resulted in the sack? I feel bad for the guy. He was a stand up guy though and answered tough questions after the game and took full responsibility.

rjdriver

Reaction score
As much as I'm not a Rodgers fan, I hate for his season to end this way. Always a risk, no matter the age, but injuries more likely as you get older. Mainly, I feel bad for my daughter, the Jets fan.

Btw, did anyone else see that it was Duane Brown who missed on the block that resulted in the sack? I feel bad for the guy. He was a stand up guy though and answered tough questions after the game and took full responsibility.
I saw that. I felt for Big Duane. Anyone can snap that Achilles at anytime. Obviously a near 40 year old is at greater risk. No line was going to keep Rodgers dirt free for 17 games. Very unfortunate. That D is solid, I can understand why Jets fans were so excited for the year.

It's deja vu for those fans, one day removed from the anniversary of Vinny snapping his tendon. The Jets had the 4th best odds to win the Super Bowl that year coming off Vinny's Pro Bowl season and making the AFCCG.

morgulon1

Reaction score
And here we are bitching about the Seahawks. NYJ fans have to be crushed AF. Like Warden said , they sold the farm and went for it with Rodgers at 40 years old.
Seattle can make things better at least with a consistent effort in Detroit.

RiverDog

Reaction score
And here we are bitching about the Seahawks. NYJ fans have to be crushed AF. Like Warden said , they sold the farm and went for it with Rodgers at 40 years old.
Yeah, but the Jets are 1-0 and we're 0-1.

I give us about a 1 in 5 chance of beating the Lions.

morgulon1

Reaction score

I'm burnt believe me but there's 16 more weeks, a lot of young players. The Jets are going to have issues moving forward. Seattle could too but they haven't lost yet.

Jegpeg

Reaction score

Football's a funny game one bad game doesn't mean we will be bad all season. Couple of years ago the packers lost 38-3 to the Saints in week 1 and then won 12 of the next 14 to secure number 1 seeding with a game ot spare.
Not saying will do do the same and my confidence that we will make the post season has taken quite a hit but the bookies reckon we have about a 1 in 3 chance against the Lions and that is probably about right.

strohmin

Reaction score
The Jets with Wilson are a better team than the Seahawks

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm burnt believe me but there's 16 more weeks, a lot of young players. The Jets are going to have issues moving forward. Seattle could too but they haven't lost yet.
Oh, I hear ya, and I'm fully aware of the fact that it's just one game in a 17 game regular season. But this wasn't your garden variety opening day loss. First of all, our opponent wasn't expected to compete for a championship, and we were heavily favored. Secondly, the way this team handled adversity really concerns me. They gave up, mailed it in. I'd rather be in the Giants shoes, losing 40-0 at home, than I would our predicament.

It's going to be a major challenge for Pete and the veteran leaders on this team to get things squared away.

RiverDog

Reaction score
My sympathy needle is struggling to show a blip of any kind.

Before some of you assume the worst, I don't wish for players to get injured; but whether I feel sorry for them after an injury occurs or not depends on the player. Rodgers is an arrogant douche who doesn't have the mental fortitude to play well whenever he falls behind, and I don't respect him.
I agree on both points. I don't have any sympathy for Jets fans as I feel they are in a better position to win a championship than we do. They have an awesome defense. And, I agree with you that Rodgers is a huge, arrogant douche and I don't feel a bit sorry for him, either.

But the issue wasn't whether or not to feel sorry for Rodgers. It was people making fun of his injury, celebrating because he was hurt. I don't like the man, but neither am I sitting here with my voodoo doll sticking needles into him, either.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Football's a funny game one bad game doesn't mean we will be bad all season. Couple of years ago the packers lost 38-3 to the Saints in week 1 and then won 12 of the next 14 to secure number 1 seeding with a game ot spare.
Not saying will do do the same and my confidence that we will make the post season has taken quite a hit but the bookies reckon we have about a 1 in 3 chance against the Lions and that is probably about right.
The bookies look at betting activity when they set their odds. They are a gauge of public opinion, not an objective analyzer of the game. I'm not saying that I am, just that they are not necessarily a good measure of a team's actual chances.

In other words, if someone were to give me those odds, ie one in three, I'd take the Lions.

Threedee

Reaction score

Jegpeg

Reaction score
The bookies look at betting activity when they set their odds. They are a gauge of public opinion, not an objective analyzer of the game. I'm not saying that I am, just that they are not necessarily a good measure of a team's actual chances.

In other words, if someone were to give me those odds, ie one in three, I'd take the Lions.
True the bookies look at / predict betting actvity when setting their odds, but the odds are usually fairly close to the analysts, the big betters do their own analysis if the majority of them predict we have a 1 in 5 chance against the Lions there would be a rush of bets on the Lions and the bookies would quickly change their odds before they end up with a huge exposure.