OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Oh well we’ll just have to keep building through the draft

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jfc 2nd and 5th? thats IT!?!?!??

It's not a lot for Smith, but also remember the Ravens are going to have to give him the monster extension Chicago wasn't willing to give him.

So while I'm jealous of the trade, not having to fork out 20M+ a year for the next 4-5 years? Might be a cap bullet dodged.

JPatera76

Reaction score
It's not a lot for Smith, but also remember the Ravens are going to have to give him the monster extension Chicago wasn't willing to give him.

So while I'm jealous of the trade, not having to fork out 20M+ a year for the next 4-5 years? Might be a cap bullet dodged.
true, all good points

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

This^^^
I wanted Roquan on the Hawks but the draft picks are actually more valuable long term meaning another draft like this year and they’ll be a dynasty in the making

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Chicago raking in the draft picks over the past few weeks trying to build around their young QB.

QWERTY

Reaction score

I think they won't re-sign Lamar, and go with Huntley.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think they won't re-sign Lamar, and go with Huntley.

Then they just turned themselves into the Chicago team with an inferior running QB that Smith was trying to get away from.

sutz

Reaction score
I guess I heard that one wrong. I thought the radio guy said the Raiders. Glad I didn't post that one. :LOL:

QWERTY

Reaction score
Then they just turned themselves into the Chicago team with an inferior running QB that Smith was trying to get away from.
I think Huntley is a wise move.

Rooke contract, and he's a good QB.

Mistake to pay Lamar all that money + guaranteed money.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think Huntley is a wise move.

Rooke contract, and he's a good QB.

Mistake to pay Lamar all that money + guaranteed money.

Huntley's on a one year and a RFA next year, and while I like his game he's a step down from Jackson.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
This^^^
I wanted Roquan on the Hawks but the draft picks are actually more valuable long term meaning another draft like this year and they’ll be a dynasty in the making
That would be nice, but I'm not counting on another good draft for 10 years or so. It's the world we live in, he would have made us solid.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Glad they didn't do it. Draft picks are like gold.

Trading valuable picks and paying a top of market contract for another team's unhappy star at a non-premium position just isn't wise - something I hope they've learned from given Jimmy & Jamal.

Own The West

Reaction score
It's a 2nd and a 5th for half a season unless they can resign him. I'm going to wait until Smith gets a contract before I judge this trade.

As for us, I am confident we can upgrade Barton for less than a 2nd and a 5th in the draft. We were good to lay off.

Lennie

Reaction score
If Smith signs a huge contract somewhere else next year, Baltimore will probably get a good compensatory pick. Maybe a 3rd?

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
If Smith signs a huge contract somewhere else next year, Baltimore will probably get a good compensatory pick. Maybe a 3rd?
More than likely but if they gave up that much draft capital I’m sure he’ll be a part of their long term plans. Jackson probably goes elsewhere next year

Own The West

Reaction score
More than likely but if they gave up that much draft capital I’m sure he’ll be a part of their long term plans. Jackson probably goes elsewhere next year
That makes sense to me.

I'll be curious to see what the 3rd rounder comp pick threshold is this year since teams seem to be giving out $20M+ per year contracts like candy these days.