Rotating O line

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pete quite literally brought up the rotating O line pieces in his presser today and how it's weird the league has almost a policy for not rotating O linemen. He shrugged about it and spoke as if he just didn't understand that. Clearly he will continue to rotate Olinemen to keep them fresh and get them playtime.
I don't think that most Coaches & to be frank, MOST fans, even grasp the Necessity/Concept of Rotating players in early in the process.
BUT after losing Cross & Lucas in game ONE, Pete decided that it was a given that Injuries were going to happen & hamper the game plans on a regular basis, and that getting EVERYONE ELSE in the lineup some familiarity to the scheme, was better than throwing some inexperienced players in there who would likely fail because they don't even have a smattering of understanding of what the Seahawks are trying to accomplish Offensively.
Getting EVERYONE on the Offensive side of the ball on the same page makes a lot of sense, yes? no?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I expect to see less rotation whenever the starters are all able to play at the same time. But I think some rotation is good to keep guys fresh and ensure the players behind them get game reps. We are going to have well-trained depth as we get into this second half of the season because we’ve had no choice on rotating so far.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A lot of the rotation issues have more to do with the injury situation. So far every member of the starting 5 players has missed time to injuries. After 7 games the team has played with numerous combinations and have added personnel at various positions. This is not a usual situation but it is the case the depth at every position have played creditably well.

I'd not be surprised to see Peters play more until he needs to be brought up to the 53 and there to be other positional changes necessitated by the state of player health. Andy Dickerson is doing a spectacular job getting these guys ready to play.

Jville

Reaction score
A lot of the rotation issues have more to do with the injury situation. So far every member of the starting 5 players has missed time to injuries. After 7 games the team has played with numerous combinations and have added personnel at various positions. This is not a usual situation but it is the case the depth at every position have played creditably well.

I'd not be surprised to see Peters play more until he needs to be brought up to the 53 and there to be other positional changes necessitated by the state of player health. Andy Dickerson is doing a spectacular job getting these guys ready to play.

I've felt uneasy about Abe Lucas in the preseason. There is something that just isn't right with his knee .........

Pete Carroll Gives Ominous Injury Update on RT Abraham Lucas >>> https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/seattle-seahawks-abraham-lucas-ominous-injury-update

.......................... expecting to see alternating right tackles and alternating right guards. Stacking snaps as they go.

BASF

Reaction score
I've felt uneasy about Abe Lucas in the preseason. There is something that just isn't right with his knee .........

Pete Carroll Gives Ominous Injury Update on RT Abraham Lucas >>> https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/seattle-seahawks-abraham-lucas-ominous-injury-update

.......................... expecting to see alternating right tackles and alternating right guards. Stacking snaps as they go.
He is my favorite player, and I am honestly mad at him that he didn't get the surgery in the offseason. He probably got bad advice about just needing to rest it, but maybe he just thought he would get better without the surgery.

Jville

Reaction score
He is my favorite player, and I am honestly mad at him that he didn't get the surgery in the offseason. He probably got bad advice about just needing to rest it, but maybe he just thought he would get better without the surgery.

I hear that. His hand fighting stands out in my eyes. Unique.

I find it useful to remind myself that there are lessons to learn from setbacks.

Lucas is a smart young man. Quick learner.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just heard an amazing stat on 710 ESPN. Center Evan Brown hasn't allowed a single QB hit or Sack the entire season. Damn, that turned out to be a low key VERY good signing by this front office. Nicely done JS.

toffee

Reaction score
If Jason Peter got enough left in his 40 yo tank, he could be that rotation piece, a guy that can play both tackle position and guard.

Jville

Reaction score
If Jason Peter got enough left in his 40 yo tank, he could be that rotation piece, a guy that can play both tackle position and guard.

Jake Curhan is a right tackle that Andy Dickerson was taking a look at right guard before all the injuries altered plans for the offensive line. Jake, along with others, will likely learn a lot from Jason Peters.

Jville

Reaction score
I just heard an amazing stat on 710 ESPN. Center Evan Brown hasn't allowed a single QB hit or Sack the entire season. Damn, that turned out to be a low key VERY good signing by this front office. Nicely done JS.

And, Evan has done that playing out of two positions. Center and left guard.

As a fan, love this kind of beneficial versatility.

Jville

Reaction score
Two linemen I'm curious about are rookies McClendon Curtis and Raigwon O'Neal. Both were signed off the practice squad of other teams. And so far, the team hasn't risked losing them by asking for waivers to place them on the Seahawks practice squad. At least not yet.

That's something to keep an eye on.