Round 2: Many great players left!

James in PA

Reaction score
So happy the Hawks have 2 picks early in the 2nd! Look at some of these names still on the board:

N Dean (LB)
M Willis (QB)
B Hall (RB)
K Walker III (RB)
B Mafe (Edge)
A Ebiketie (Edge)
A Booth Jr (CB)
K Gordon (CB)
D Ojabo (Edge)

Can't wait for Round 2! GO HAWKS!!

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Most might disagree but if Hall falls to us at 40? I'll lose my **** if we pass on the kid. Certainly we have many needs but our offense is in definite need of a dependable, every down back. And if Penny actually manages to stay healthy?

All the better.

u0087966

Reaction score
Raimann from Central Michigan would be an interesting pick....yes another OT but they would be set for a while at both tackle positions.

I'd be happy with any combination of these:

Raimann
Gordon
Hall
Ojabo
Mafe
Ebitikie
Maybe Troy Anderson (hope he falls to Seattle in 3rd but wouldn't mind 2nd round).

Own The West

Reaction score
Most might disagree but if Hall falls to us at 40? I'll lose my **** if we pass on the kid. Certainly we have many needs but our offense is in definite need of a dependable, every down back. And if Penny actually manages to stay healthy?

All the better.

Does anybody need a RB besides the Bills? We are pretty much guaranteed a blue chip RB at 72. Or we take an edge at 40 (Bonitto and Sam Williams are still on the board too) and trade down 20 slots and still get our pick of RBs at the bottom of round 2.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I don't disagree OTW, but every draft I fall in love with a particular player. Breece is that guy for me this year. Tunnel vision? Probably. I can't deny that possibility. ; )

Own The West

Reaction score
I don't disagree OTW, but every draft I fall in love with a particular player. Breece is that guy for me this year. Tunnel vision? Probably. I can't deny that possibility. ; )
The heart wants what it wants...

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Does anybody need a RB besides the Bills? We are pretty much guaranteed a blue chip RB at 72. Or we take an edge at 40 (Bonitto and Sam Williams are still on the board too) and trade down 20 slots and still get our pick of RBs at the bottom of round 2.

This is a horrible way to think, as it's severely misleading. That's why the draft is so unpredictable. Don't give anyone the chance to draft the player you want just because you don't think anyone will draft said player. I fully expect us to pick Walker with one of our 2nd round picks

AgentDib

Reaction score
Raimann from Central Michigan would be an interesting pick....yes another OT but they would be set for a while at both tackle positions.
I've been high on Raimann alongside Cross due to the athleticism and quick feet that are ideal for the outside zone scheme.

The two problems with Raimann, however, are that he's already almost 25 and that he needs to add a bunch of weight. It's hard to say how his athleticism will hold up once he bulks up.

If we are targeting RT then I would rather see us take a chance on the gigantic Daniel Faalele who already moves surprisingly well for somebody as large as he is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This is a horrible way to think, as it's severely misleading. That's why the draft is so unpredictable. Don't give anyone the chance to draft the player you want just because you don't think anyone will draft said player. I fully expect us to pick Walker with one of our 2nd round picks
Agree with this. That mindset is a trap.

Own The West

Reaction score
Agree with this. That mindset is a trap.
So Hall and Walker are available at 40. You can take either one and you value them the same. Do you take one at 40? Or do you drop a few spots, pick up a 5th, and still get one?

You may fall in love with a guy, but when there's a handful of guys that could do the job, obsessing over one guy may mean you leave a lot of value on the board.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Here is my list of best available, that fit the Seahawks, in order...

Arnold Ebiketie (OLB/DE)
David Ojabo (OLB/DE)
Perrion Winfrey (DE/DT)
Travis Jones (DT/DE)
Kyler Gordon (CB)
Kenneth Walker III (RB)
Matt Corral (QB)
Boye Mafe (OLB/DE)
Sam Williams (OLB/DE)
Channing Tindall (ILB)
Dylan Parham (OC)
Alec Pierce (WR)
Cam Taylor-Britt (CB/S)
Abraham Lucas (RT)
Zach Tom (OC/OG/OT)
Bernhard Raimann (RT)

Last edited:

RunDownhill

Reaction score
So Hall and Walker are available at 40. You can take either one and you value them the same. Do you take one at 40? Or do you drop a few spots, pick up a 5th, and still get one?

You may fall in love with a guy, but when there's a handful of guys that could do the job, obsessing over one guy may mean you leave a lot of value on the board.
I would drop down a few spots and get an extra 5th. Then probably draft a different position. The depth at RB is good this year. Even next year has a few Seahawk style RBs that we could target. IMO the final piece to the rebuild should be the RB position.

That said, Walker is fun to watch. He is such a creative runner when the blocking is not there for him.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Winfrey and Walker. Those are my two choices if they both are still available when we choose.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Please take a look at Hall, Walker and Spillers highlights and tell me who is the most dynamic RB? I will admit Hall is an amazing every down back but Spiller is the show.

I picked Russell Wilson out of the draft as an extreamly underrated QB and I am telling you Spiller is cut from the same cloth.

Yes, pick the guy you want, don't bank on no one else wanting him. When the RBs start to go, they are all gone...the value is there.
2nd round = LB and QB (Corral/Willis)
3rd = RB (Spiller)

Boy the media missed on Willis. I don't want a QB in the 2nd, but a huge name will be there and so will the value.