Run It Back

W

Welshers

Ok I know this is not what the people of this forum want to hear, but I have to say it. I think the Seahawks should run it back for one last year. This team could easily be 10-5 right now. They had some horrendous refereeing go against them, missed FGs which cost them games, OT losses that could have gone either way, and their franchise QB missed multiple games and likely hasn't been the same sense the injury.

There are all sorts of reasons this team is way better than their record. They beat the Colts and the 49ers twice and have never really been blown out this year (their worst loss was 17-0 to the Packers, in a game where multiple turnovers went against us because of bad calls and was close into the 4th).

Our QB has not been the same guy since the injury. Let him heal up. Let Adams get healthy. Make a couple changes during the off season, hopefully a new kicker and some new O-linemen. This team is going to have quite a bit of space next year. Both Pete and Russ have said they think this team can win and that they want to come back. I say, let them.

People will call this an excuse, but there are legitimate reasons for why their record has been so poor. When this team is healthy and shines they have proved to be one of the league's best teams (12-4 last year with the same core).

Seattle has won the division more times in the last 20 years than every other NFC West team combined. We owe Pete the benefit of the doubt. If things go south next year, fine, blow it up.

But for now, I vote for one last ride for Pete and Russ.

Run. It. Back.

Boycie

Reaction score
Welshers":21xy98u8 said:
Ok I know this is not what the people of this forum want to hear, but I have to say it. I think the Seahawks should run it back for one last year. This team could easily be 10-5 right now. They had some horrendous refereeing go against them, missed FGs which cost them games, OT losses that could have gone either way, and their franchise QB missed multiple games and likely hasn't been the same sense the injury.

There are all sorts of reasons this team is way better than their record. They beat the Colts and the 49ers twice and have never really been blown out this year (their worst loss was 17-0 to the Packers, in a game where multiple turnovers went against us because of bad calls and was close into the 4th).

Our QB has not been the same guy since the injury. Let him heal up. Let Adams get healthy. Make a couple changes during the off season, hopefully a new kicker and some new O-linemen. This team is going to have quite a bit of space next year. Both Pete and Russ have said they think this team can win and that they want to come back. I say, let them.

People will call this an excuse, but there are legitimate reasons for why their record has been so poor. When this team is healthy and shines they have proved to be one of the league's best teams (12-4 last year with the same core).

Seattle has won the division more times in the last 20 years than every other NFC West team combined. We owe Pete the benefit of the doubt. If things go south next year, fine, blow it up.

Run. It. Back.

You make some good points, but I for one do not want to see anymore bend but don't break defense. I'm grateful for what PC and JS did for the franchise, but when I constantly see the gametime blunders with timeouts, or stupid penalties, that tells me it is down to coaching and the system. Something has to give, and I really don't know if it will be RW or the coaching staff that is gone, but I don't know how Vulcan can continue as status quo, when they have been witnessing this disfunction for the last couple of years.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2upqc2g7 said:
Welshers":2upqc2g7 said:

Run. It. Back.

You make some good points, but I for one do not want to see anymore bend but don't break defense. I'm grateful for what PC and JS did for the franchise, but when I constantly see the gametime blunders with timeouts, or stupid penalties, that tells me it is down to coaching and the system. Something has to give, and I really don't know if it will RW or the coaching staff that is gone, but I don't know how Vulcan can continue as status quo, when they have been witnessing this disfunction for the last couple of years.

Vulcan it depends on Jody's relationship with Chuck Arnold. Don't mix up Blazer management with the Seahawk FO technically two different entities. It's whatever Jody wants in the end.

Boycie

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3tdo46nn said:
Ace_Rimmer":3tdo46nn said:
Welshers":3tdo46nn said:

Run. It. Back.

You make some good points, but I for one do not want to see anymore bend but don't break defense. I'm grateful for what PC and JS did for the franchise, but when I constantly see the gametime blunders with timeouts, or stupid penalties, that tells me it is down to coaching and the system. Something has to give, and I really don't know if it will RW or the coaching staff that is gone, but I don't know how Vulcan can continue as status quo, when they have been witnessing this disfunction for the last couple of years.

Vulcan it depends on Jody's relationship with Chuck Arnold. Don't mix up Blazer management with the Seahawk FO technically two different entities. It's whatever Jody wants in the end.

Ok I stand corrected. But from what some people in the know have said, Jody is not happy, so I guess we will see.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
More Pete means more of the same mistakes.

Wilson no longer looks committed, and rightfully so, his focus now looks to be maintaining his health while playing out the string.

Without Wilson supermanning this team to wins - we fall back to barely .500, scratching to even beat mediocre teams.

We might have to run it back, but more of the same with lesser results is likely the outcome.

Wilson looks to have one priority right now, preserve his health until he can get into a better situation. I don't blame him.

Still, an uncommitted Wilson means a lot of missed opportunities.

One more year of whatever this was is surely better than scrapping it all and resetting the board, but it only delays the inevitable. Unless there is some way to salvage Wilson and potentially build a future with a new staff and roster?

But why would Wilson agree to that when there are complete rosters but for the want of an above average QB?

Not even sure the choice of running it back is the Seahawk FO's to make.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If Russ tanks these last two games his trade value goes down to the point that maybe we keep him. These aren't just 2021 problems with him. The issue goes back to at least 2016.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Don’t run it back, act now. Russ is gonna show his ass out this off-season just get rid of him.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Like an alcoholic saying, hey, give me another chance, I'll change, really, I will, remember the good times?

Hell no. Time for an intervention.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Run it back is the fair choice.

The mob mentality crowd does not want this.

One will be right.

cymatica

Reaction score
It's not just some bad calls and missed field goals here and there. Time of possession is atrocious on both sides of the ball. Defense consistently gives up long drives, offense consistently goes 3 and out. Coaches consistently make bad decisions; Pete didn't bench Flowers until there was an outcry by fans and media, Wilson should not have play in Greenbay, and who the hell runs 9 straight times up the gut against the Saints with a below average center? I also question moving Lewis to LG.

Any time they get a lead they clam up and play ultra conservative. All season long they have been gashed by screen passes with no improvement and they allow 99% completion percentage against linemen dropping in coverage but just keep doing it over and over. They telegraph plays all the time. I could go on. It's time for a major change

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Welshers":2aubhofh said:

Run. It. Back.

This WAS his benefit of the doubt year and stop with the refs being the first reason why we're bad. Every team in the league gets screwed by an officiating system that has been broken for a long time. Every game that certain persecution fetishests wail and whine about could have easily been won if we didn't fall prey to our own shortcomings. We are what our record says we are: a has been team with a coach/QB combo who have repeatedly shown that they will still continue on as if we had SB/HoF level talent. This season is the result of too many years squeaking by superhuman individual efforts masking the deficiencies that just haven't been fixed. We seem to fix them but they don't work out or don't last or don't even emerge.

Pete needs to resign at the end of the year. I think the org absolutely owes it to him to not fire him, at least publicly. Wilson/Carroll doesn't work anymore and prolonging it just prolongs moving forward to the next era. The jig is up and it was a great run but it is definitely time to move on without Pete and quite possibly without Wilson as well, but that's a different topic.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3aebufqi said:
Trade Russ and Wagner, let Duane brown walk. That is about 50Mil in cap space

I agree. Too bad we can't get rid of Adams in the same sort of deal. I'd rather have Ryan Neal playing than him. "Best in the NAAYY-TION" nope not even close.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
I see the arguments for running it back but I do think it goes deeper than that. Can we get a change in philosophy without a change in leadership? I don’t see Pete/KNJ making big changes in philosophy. Waldron should be gone, no doubt, but I think we need more change than that.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Wenhawk":gopl6kho said:
Nobody is trading for Wagner. He should be cut though unless he will take a major pay cut.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

iigakusei":1b2ebrh1 said:
Wenhawk":1b2ebrh1 said:
Nobody is trading for Wagner. He should be cut though unless he will take a major pay cut.
Why not? He consistently leads the league in tackles

chris98251

Reaction score
Welshers":3ky27vx0 said:
iigakusei":3ky27vx0 said:
Wenhawk":3ky27vx0 said:
Why not? He consistently leads the league in tackles

Well that is to be expected when a defense is on the field for 70 percent of a game, and he is in 100 percent or very close of defensive snaps.

Hawker55

Reaction score
Wenhawk":z83dqvqk said:

Why? we have something like 77 million in cap space going into next season according to Clayton yesterday? We'll be one of the top money teams next year, cap wise...

More than enough to resign Diggs and bring in some linemen on both sides of the ball...

Hawker55

Reaction score
No thanks. I've seen this bad movie too many times, it always ends the same. Only difference this seasin is, we don't even make it to the playoffs for our annual one and done run...... somebody pass the C4 please...