Russ Wilson, Andrew Luck, RG3

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Is anybody else as pissed off about how national pundits still pretty much disregard Russ Wilson as having any chance at being better than Andrew Luck right now ? RG3 has faded a bit after all the slobbering over him last year, but Luck continues to be regarded as the best of the young QB's by almost evereybody out there. I'm a 6'4" white guy myself so don't have anything against them lol, but I have a feeling it has a lot to do with RW not being a 6'4" white guy.

Here's their career numbers, playoffs included :
Russell Wilson 46 TD 17 INT 21 Wins
Andrew Luck 37 TD 25 INT 17 Wins
RG3 34 TD 15 INT 13 Wins

Yes Luck has more yards. Who cares ? It isn't like Russ isn't capable, he just throws less. And if Luck is throwing more and so much better at it, why are his TD pass numbers not significantly better than RW's ? (nevermind worse).

RW definitely gets a lot of love, don't get me wrong, but I'm just completely sick of everybody polishing off Luck on a weekly basis and chalking up RW's success to having a running game and good D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No one was "polishing off" Luck yesterday.

Both are good QB's, I don't need the pundits to tell me that. I care about Lombardi trophies, and right now I'll take our Hawks over anybody.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1c3u8030 said:

Both are good QB's, I don't need the pundits to tell me that. I care about Lombardi trophies, and right now I'll take our Hawks over anybody.

BS. Been watching sportscenter and nfl prime time today, and apparently it's not Lucks fault because,

A) Reggie Wayne is out
B) The rams defense is a great d. (you know, the same D we beat but they said we should have dominated)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Cartire":9v454ysj said:
Sgt. Largent":9v454ysj said:

BS. Been watching sportscenter and nfl prime time today, and apparently it's not Lucks fault because,

A) Reggie Wayne is out
B) The rams defense is a great d. (you know, the same D we beat but they said we should have dominated)

Without a doubt, there is a double standard. That said, who cares? News bulletin: Even if we win the SB, there will be plenty of a-holes talking about how we a) got lucky or b) played a banged up, inferior team who shouldn't have been there.

I've already heard the argument that this is a bad year for the NFL when SEA was beginning to roll. People will see it as a "good" team winning in a season of very "poor" teams plaguing the league.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Ive Been a seahawks fan since 1980, I love Russell Wilson and I'm thrilled he's on the seahawks but I believe Luck is the better qb. A lot better--no, but better. For the last 2 yrs, The seahawks have a much better overall team and a much better running game so it's really hard to throw all those stats around.
This is my opinion but who cares who's better, it's all about winning the Super Bowl and I think both of these qb's can do that.

Happy

Reaction score
12thManNorth":2az4tujh said:
Is anybody else as pissed off about how national pundits still pretty much disregard Russ Wilson as having any chance at being better than Andrew Luck right now ?

I don't want to further enrage you, but imo, that's some pretty minor stuff to get worked up over.

Getting ripped off, getting mugged, holding my dying dog in my arms as she breathes her last breath thanks to a hit and run driver, that's the stuff in life I find kinda aggravating.

BamKam

Reaction score
It is getting to the point where I don't want ESPN to talk about RW, let him reap the attention after his career when he has a 75 winning percentage and a couple of Super Bowls, he doesn't care about the spotlight at all so neither should I. Give it all to Mighty Wing boy who is probably doing better beating his neighbors in fantasy football than actually performing on the field.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
12thManNorth":3hhuvqmf said:
Yes Luck has more yards. Who cares ? It isn't like Russ isn't capable, he just throws less. And if Luck is throwing more and so much better at it, why are his TD pass numbers not significantly better than RW's ? (nevermind worse).

Luck has more yards because he's had to throw more with all his come from behind theatrics.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":8wrn7uci said:
Sigh. I'll just be happy we are 9-1 and let the media do as they will.

Enjoy this.

:th2thumbs:

This is good advice. Don't let the stupidity of others diminish your enjoyment.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I guess Luck has not had enough time to adjust to having a strong running game yet because they have one. Luck has also enjoyed a better offensive line though. He did lose Reggie Wayne recently. Russ lost Harvin from day 1 and has lost his tight end and number 2 receiver and almost every member of his offensive line has missed significant time. They are both great QBs though.

Sturm

Reaction score
12thManNorth":3t2itzpy said:
Is anybody else as pissed off about how national pundits still pretty much disregard Russ Wilson as having any chance at being better than Andrew Luck right now ? RG3 has faded a bit after all the slobbering over him last year, but Luck continues to be regarded as the best of the young QB's by almost evereybody out there. I'm a 6'4" white guy myself so don't have anything against them lol, but I have a feeling it has a lot to do with RW not being a 6'4" white guy.

Here's their career numbers, playoffs included :
Russell Wilson 46 TD 17 INT 21 Wins
Andrew Luck 37 TD 25 INT 17 Wins
RG3 34 TD 15 INT 13 Wins

RW definitely gets a lot of love, don't get me wrong, but I'm just completely sick of everybody polishing off Luck on a weekly basis and chalking up RW's success to having a running game and good D

Yes, it's because he's black. That's exactly what it is. :roll: