Russell Embarassing Himself

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I fully admit I've been deeply enjoying watching RW's hubris catch up to him, but I'm actually in awe that he's fallen THIS FAR. I would feel bad for him if he hadn't asked for this.

For people who know more than me about this stuff: how long does this slide have to continue before his sure-bet HoF status evaporates?
He needed 5 more years of very high performance and probably a couple more deep playoff runs at minimum to have a shot

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I think Russ might have had a legitimate shot at HOF if his career had ended before this season. There's enough there that it wouldn't be a stretch. And he might still have a shot if he can put together a few really stellar years after this one. But if his career were to end after this year, or sometime in the future on the same trajectory it's on now, his HOF chances are cooked.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Keasly45 wrote: " Hackett being an offensive mind is the fly in Russ's ointment. I think what was a partnership between Hackett and Wilson will now quickly erode into a battle for who can survive this year with their reputation intact. Hackett might well lose his job, but if it's shown he was hamstrung by Wilson ( as now its obvious PC was as well) he can coach again. I don't know that Hackett wants to roll out the same thin playbook Russ ran here. It's not particularly creative and is inherently limited by his skillset.

I think you're right about the battle brewing between Hackett and Wilson. Hackett has taken a firmer stance of late about the decisions he's going to make by letting media know that he will decide if Russ will be playing on Sunday or not - it's not up to Russ to determine.

Using Wilson's media tactics to fight fire with fire.

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
If Rypien goes out and plays good to great against the Jets it is going to get awkward in Denver.