Russell's words ring hallow

jeremiah

Reaction score
Russell is carrying too much weight on his body, and in his off field life. It slows down his moves on the field, and takes away from what made him the starter in the first place. Which was study study study, and GO HAWKS. It also doesn't help that the team has a 16 year old cheerleader/Coach whose idea of discipline is putting enough gum in his mouth before the games. Sorry, but Coach Pete is past his due date, and RW is too.

AgentDib

Reaction score
There's certainly enough blame to go around.

The way Russ performed was particularly disappointing and is ultimately behind a lot of the unhappiness around here. If we had lost a shootout where Russ played great then a lot of the posters here would be more willing to treat it like the single game with huge variance that any playoff game is. Instead, Russ's declining play over the second half of the season has people very concerned about the longer term implications.

The real problem wasn't so much that Russ was missing throws, but that he just wasn't seeing the game like he should given his familiarity with the Rams and his 9 years of experience as an NFL QB. When it's the football IQ part that seems lacking then it's only natural for talk about distractions to surface and people to wonder if he's putting in not just enough time, but the correct type of time.

Personally, I don't think it is a lack of effort on Russ's part but rather that he does have some limitations to his game that need to be schemed around more effectively. I don't have a problem with Schotty's offense, which does have plenty of short routes baked into it despite what same claim here. However, Russ hasn't looked good in it at all lately when the opponents are making him hit the shorter stuff. For example, hitting TEs over the middle has been a weakness for Russ his whole career and that's a key part of our current scheme. Unless there is reason to expect one more off-season to change that then I think we need to look for a triangle hole scheme that will fit our triangle peg QB.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
the man set all time Seahawk records, done that every year. Again 55 times the man was sacked this year...and you wonder why he regressed the end of the year.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3t5m9r6x said:
Tokadub":3t5m9r6x said:
I think I posted basically this exact topic with way less details than this threads poster a few weeks ago... Interesting how nobody probably cared until we lost in the playoffs.

I think it's a very crucial point that to criticize him for his family life or hospital visits is just wrong.

BUT... his wife is a super famous celebrity so I'm sure... even if she completely understands he needs to focus on winning a Super Bowl and is the best possible unselfish wife... it's probably still way more distracting and time consuming than a normal woman. I might be wrong but it's hard to believe if I am.

I didn't even know about all the things Russell has been doing, that was quite an extensive list.

But for me, just the podcast was enough for me to doubt his focus and dedication. It's super public, it's literally on the front page of ESPN Seahawks page sometimes. For me it's not even about whether he is getting distracted (that's just a guess, some people can handle or even need to do all this stuff to stay sharp... others would play way worst if they tried).... so if we just guess if this is distracting Wilson or not, nobody can prove they are right.

BUT... it sent a VERY, VERY, VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY bad message to the team in my opinion. If your number 1 paid player is doing all this youtube stuff talking to celebrities etc... maybe that's why DK seems to have become more of a diva lately jumping into the empty stands to take a camera and get a penalty, crying on the sidelines in the playoffs probably directly resulting in that interception the next series... Even Jamal Adams just smoking a cigar in the post game press conference... All of these things can be attributed to Wilsons carefree attitude he is portraying with this podcast, he's wasting time not studying the game, not in the gym, not throwing to receivers etc.

The bottom line is that players are going to react to this kind of overconfident arrogant behavior and emulate it like DK Metcalf, or Jamal Adams. Or they are going to resent it and lose their mindset for winning football (probably the majority of the team).

This is next-level scapegoating. Borderline insanity.

DK Metcalf pretended to be a pissing dog after a touchdown in college. Jamal Adams literally diva'd his way out of New York.

You mean to tell me that RUSSELL WILSON HAVING A PODCAST is the reason for two star players in the NFL having personality in their celebrations?

Well you tunnel visioned a bit on 2 players and ignored my point about how anyone who is not an arrogant selfish player probably viewed Russell Wilson's behavior as irresponsible and unnecessary...

I can concede maybe DK Metcalf and Jamal Adams would display unprofessional behavior regardless of their QB... U might be right I don't know.

It's very concerning to me that Adams seems to be tunnel vision just to do better than the worst team in the league...

DK did seem more honorable, I think Russell might of been a bad influence...

Jamal Adams you're probably right he would be a nutcase can't cover to save his life btw...

I'm pretty sure he didn't contest that horrible floating duck ball because he knew he can't catch it... instead he just kinda waddled randomly and swiped at it with his bum shoulders...

But my main point wasn't even about these 2 "ALL-STAR" players... it was about that how the team as a whole views Wilsons behavior in a way they might subconsciously not even want him to succeed. That's human psychology at the most basic level, I'm not borderline insanity as you put it... but I recognize you gotta calm down and think to understand what I'm saying which is all facts.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Wilson is more than free to follow any business venture and make as much money as possible doing said ventures.

That being said if he's racking in the money elsewhere then the team doesn't need to keep feeding his bloated contract. Especially if he doesn't perform like a $30 million+ a year QB.

Trade him or ask him to restructure so the team can have cap relief.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tokadub":364h397x said:
Maelstrom787":364h397x said:
Tokadub":364h397x said:
I think I posted basically this exact topic with way less details than this threads poster a few weeks ago... Interesting how nobody probably cared until we lost in the playoffs.

I think it's a very crucial point that to criticize him for his family life or hospital visits is just wrong.

BUT... his wife is a super famous celebrity so I'm sure... even if she completely understands he needs to focus on winning a Super Bowl and is the best possible unselfish wife... it's probably still way more distracting and time consuming than a normal woman. I might be wrong but it's hard to believe if I am.

I didn't even know about all the things Russell has been doing, that was quite an extensive list.

But for me, just the podcast was enough for me to doubt his focus and dedication. It's super public, it's literally on the front page of ESPN Seahawks page sometimes. For me it's not even about whether he is getting distracted (that's just a guess, some people can handle or even need to do all this stuff to stay sharp... others would play way worst if they tried).... so if we just guess if this is distracting Wilson or not, nobody can prove they are right.

BUT... it sent a VERY, VERY, VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY bad message to the team in my opinion. If your number 1 paid player is doing all this youtube stuff talking to celebrities etc... maybe that's why DK seems to have become more of a diva lately jumping into the empty stands to take a camera and get a penalty, crying on the sidelines in the playoffs probably directly resulting in that interception the next series... Even Jamal Adams just smoking a cigar in the post game press conference... All of these things can be attributed to Wilsons carefree attitude he is portraying with this podcast, he's wasting time not studying the game, not in the gym, not throwing to receivers etc.

The bottom line is that players are going to react to this kind of overconfident arrogant behavior and emulate it like DK Metcalf, or Jamal Adams. Or they are going to resent it and lose their mindset for winning football (probably the majority of the team).

DK Metcalf pretended to be a pissing dog after a touchdown in college. Jamal Adams literally diva'd his way out of New York.

You mean to tell me that RUSSELL WILSON HAVING A PODCAST is the reason for two star players in the NFL having personality in their celebrations?

Well you tunnel visioned a bit on 2 players and ignored my point about how anyone who is not an arrogant selfish player probably viewed Russell Wilson's behavior as irresponsible and unnecessary...

I can concede maybe DK Metcalf and Jamal Adams would display unprofessional behavior regardless of their QB... U might be right I don't know.

It's very concerning to me that Adams seems to be tunnel vision just to do better than the worst team in the league...

Jamal Adams you're probably right he would be a nutcase can't cover to save his life btw...

I'm pretty sure he didn't contest that horrible floating duck ball because he knew he can't catch it... instead he just kinda waddled randomly and swiped at it with his bum shoulders...

But my main point wasn't even about these 2 "ALL-STAR" players... it was about that how the team as a whole views Wilsons behavior in a way they might subconsciously not even want him to succeed. That's human psychology at the most basic level, I'm not borderline insanity as you put it... but I recognize you gotta calm down and think to understand what I'm saying which is all facts.

How you could possibly jump through the hoops required to classify this baseless conjecture as "fact" is beyond me. You're either blatantly lying or somehow actually believe what you've typed to be fact, in which case I implore you to get help.

W

Welshers

Tokadub":3047lg9w said:
Maelstrom787":3047lg9w said:
Tokadub":3047lg9w said:

I have no idea how you are coming to the conclusion that the team thinks that way about Wilson and how you can call that "facts". Are you in there heads? Are you in the lockeroom? Do you know how they think? Sounds like a load of baloney to me. He's been pretty much beloved by all his team mates. Gonna have to agree with Maelstrom on this one

AgentDib

Reaction score
Welshers":38x2krrv said:
Sounds like a load of baloney to me. He's been pretty much beloved by all his team mates.
I wouldn't say that at all. I think the team has been right to stick by their franchise QB, but since the beginning there has been a ton of friction between Wilson and a sizeable part of the locker room.

Some of that comes with the territory; most NFL receivers are divas who think they are always open and want the QB to throw them the ball more often. RBs would always like to get more carries than they do, and the LOB was always going to be jealous of Wilson's salary when they felt we were winning based on our defense and not the QB play.

Still, if you look around the league there aren't many similar situations and certainly none with a winning franchise. I don't think that needs to be a criticism of Wilson directly, but it does need to be factored into the FOs decision making.