S.F. vs Greenbay

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
chris98251":1zr2tawt said:
Hate to say it but you have to love Kittle as a player and his personality is infectious.

Because Kittle is amazing. He is 100% drive. Huge Seahawk fan in Iowa and obviously a Hawkeye fan/alum, dude is ridiculously good. Just another 2/3 star athlete that was made into a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":2qdtrj89 said:

I hope you don't think that's trolling anyone here. We're all sick of Erin's little hissy fits.

Not trolling. Thought even Hawk fans could appreciate it.

knownone

Reaction score
I’m not sure what to make of this game. Either the Packers are significantly worse than their record, or their coach failed them on a catastrophic level.

Marvin49

Reaction score
knownone":ydotvmtm said:
I’m not sure what to make of this game. Either the Packers are significantly worse than their record, or their coach failed them on a catastrophic level.

...or maybe the Niners are pretty good when they have Kittle and Sanders to go along with Deebo.

:D

In all seriousness, I wasn’t that worried about the Packers. I’m not that worried about the Saints either.

The Ravens scare the crap out of me. Lol. Niner D Kryptonite is mobile QBs. Niners held Rodgers to one of his worst games of his entire career. Niners do that to guys who can’t escape the pocket. Wilson can do that. Murray can do that.

Lamar Jackson can do that.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":18zd8zwb said:
knownone":18zd8zwb said:

...or maybe the Niners are pretty good when they have Kittle and Sanders to go along with Deebo.

In all seriousness, I wasn’t that worried about the Packers. I’m not that worried about the Saints either.

The Ravens scare the crap out of me. Lol. Niner D Kryptonite is mobile QBs. Niners held Rodgers to one of his worst games of his entire career. Niners do that to guys who can’t escape the pocket. Wilson can do that. Murray can do that.

It will be interesting to see how the Rams play them tomorrow.

knownone

Reaction score
Marvin49":32khawgy said:
knownone":32khawgy said:

If the Niners won this game 37-20, then the Niners dominance would be my biggest takeaway. But an 8-2 team barely scoring 8 points is hard for me to get over. It seriously looked like they came into this game expecting to be able to run the ball and hold up in pass protection. As soon as those two things failed they had no backup plan. That’s either a talent issue or a coaching issue. I’m genuinely wondering if they can actually win their division.

I actually like your chances against the Ravens. You have the secondary to man up their receivers and the physicality to punish Lamar when he takes off. I would be scared to death if I was a Ravens fan; you could derail their season. I’d feel the same way about the Rams tomorrow night.

The Saints will be a tough match up because of their defense, but yeah, I wouldn’t be scared of their offense if I had your defense.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Why wouldn't 49er fans drop in to celebrate a little here after a Beat-Down of Erin and the mighty Packers? It's the NFL forum after all, I admit I was sort of rooting for the Pack, from a divisional point of view, but I think it was just as well the Pack got packed into a drum and beaten. Just keeps pointing to an epic Week 17 showdown for the division up at the CLink. Both teams have to take care of business in the meantime.

That Ravens-Niners game will be fascinating for sure. I don't have a prediction. Irresistible force meets immovable object. Which one gives? Baltimore has the D to shut down the 49ers O, and they have the running game and mobile QB to pound the ball down the field on anyone, I suspect including the 49ers D. But will that be how the game turns out? 49ers D has so much athleticism, it will be tougher on young Mr. Jackson to run wild on them than probably any other team he's seen.

No interest in Kittle what-if love or Kittle-Dissly comparisons. Last I checked, Kittle and Dissly never lined up against each other. Now that Kittle is back on the field and looks like that will be ongoing, he is relevant.

Our Niner posters on this board are mostly an entertaining and fair bunch, and it's almost always interesting hearing another perspective on our team and our players, especially when it's sincere and reasonably informed, as it usually is, with the better posters on here. And that post with the pic of Erin on the ground under multiple 49ers and the Allstate/State Farm theme... priceless!

Mike Shanahan, er his son Kyle, has some pretty good NFL coaching tree roots. The only other coach that has beaten young Kyle so far this year is that crusty old fossil, you know the one everyone says the game has passed him by, um what's his name, oh yeah Pete Carroll. Clearly there is some good coaching going on down in the Bay area.

One other theme for the Ravens game... it's the Niners, a former Harbaugh team, against another Harbaugh team. Not sure that's even a factor, other than the fact that John Harbaugh is a pretty good coach.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
olyfan63":381q5272 said:
Why wouldn't 49er fans drop in to celebrate a little here after a Beat-Down of Erin and the mighty Packers? It's the NFL forum after all, I admit I was sort of rooting for the Pack, from a divisional point of view, but I think it was just as well the Pack got packed into a drum and beaten. Just keeps pointing to an epic Week 17 showdown for the division up at the CLink. Both teams have to take care of business in the meantime.

That Ravens-Niners game will be fascinating for sure. I don't have a prediction. Irresistible force meets immovable object. Which one gives? Baltimore has the D to shut down the 49ers O, and they have the running game and mobile QB to pound the ball down the field on anyone, I suspect including the 49ers D. But will that be how the game turns out? 49ers D has so much athleticism, it will be tougher on young Mr. Jackson to run wild on them than probably any other team he's seen.

No interest in Kittle what-if love or Kittle-Dissly comparisons. Last I checked, Kittle and Dissly never lined up against each other. Now that Kittle is back on the field and looks like that will be ongoing, he is relevant.

Our Niner posters on this board are mostly an entertaining and fair bunch, and it's almost always interesting hearing another perspective on our team and our players, especially when it's sincere and reasonably informed, as it usually is, with the better posters on here. And that post with the pic of Erin on the ground under multiple 49ers and the Allstate/State Farm theme... priceless!

Mike Shanahan, er his son Kyle, has some pretty good NFL coaching tree roots. The only other coach that has beaten young Kyle so far this year is that crusty old fossil, you know the one everyone says the game has passed him by, um what's his name, oh yeah Pete Carroll. Clearly there is some good coaching going on down in the Bay area.

One other theme for the Ravens game... it's the Niners, a former Harbaugh team, against another Harbaugh team. Not sure that's even a factor, other than the fact that John Harbaugh is a pretty good coach.
The Ravens have exactly what gives the 49ers problems: a mobile QB and a defense that can play a 46-like defense, with five or six on the line and the SS in the box.

The 49ers do play a lot more zone than New England does, so maybe that will help with stopping the Ravens exotic run game since more eyes will be on the line, but that's the kind of offense that is impossible to stop when it gets in rhythm. As for their defense, it's better now than it was at the start of the game. The Rams should have never traded that cornerback. Now the Ravens can more safely play the kind of blitzing and zone-blitzing defense they want more often.

Maulbert

Reaction score
olyfan63":2rarpp56 said:

I don't mind 49ers fans celebrating. I do mind trolling little twits who wouldn't take their medicine when it was given dropping in with a heaping helping of bullshit like nothing happened two weeks ago. NINEster deserved every spoonful of crow we fed him, and still more.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Jimmy G was elite by the numbers. Jeff Wilson (who almost got cut) contributed. When Skule started struggling, KS just plug and played Brunskill. It's been broadcast locally that Kittle has broken bones in his ankle. You...could not tell that.

This team--the one who showed up v. GB--could easily do that to Saints.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SF49r":2q5x3yf8 said:
Sports Hernia":2q5x3yf8 said:
SF49r":2q5x3yf8 said:
I'm sure it sucks for Seahawks fans seeing us get the win with this division race but we can all agree that it feels soo good to see Erin and the peckerwoods get destroyed on national TV, absolutely can't stand that team and their QB.
I can not argue that point. True.
Before the game, I thought about doing a drinking game, take a drink every time Erin gets hit and cries for a flag. I'm glad I didn't go through with it because I'd be passed out right now lol

Actually you would have to make sure someone calls you in the morning to see if you are still breathing.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":uqf9k558 said:
olyfan63":uqf9k558 said:

The Ravens have exactly what gives the 49ers problems: a mobile QB and a defense that can play a 46-like defense, with five or six on the line and the SS in the box.

The 49ers do play a lot more zone than New England does, so maybe that will help with stopping the Ravens exotic run game since more eyes will be on the line, but that's the kind of offense that is impossible to stop when it gets in rhythm. As for their defense, it's better now than it was at the start of the game. The Rams should have never traded that cornerback. Now the Ravens can more safely play the kind of blitzing and zone-blitzing defense they want more often.

Honest question for you and Marvin, What do you think the game will be like if there is inclement weather in Baltimore next weekend? I think their stadium is open air. I dont mean to derail this thread, but curiosity lurked in me.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":ctdid6g0 said:
Honest question for you and Marvin, What do you think the game will be like if there is inclement weather in Baltimore next weekend? I think their stadium is open air. I dont mean to derail this thread, but curiosity lurked in me.

Not asked of me directly, but inclement weather is always a benefit to the inferior team. It adds variance to games, and increased variance means the inferior team has a better shot (for an extreme example see the 9ers/Washington game played in a swimming pool earlier this year).

My *guess* (read: I don't actually know if this is true or not) is that bad weather elevates the run offense/defense element of match ups.

I think both of those things would benefit the Ravens (9ers seem to maybe be a slightly better team, but they've been struggling of late in the run game and with stopping the run, whereas Ravens are the reverse).

IMO the 9ers will probably need to be .500 in the next two weeks (Ravens and Saints), although playing against two of the top four teams in the NFL this year IMO I think it's also possible they drop both of them. It's why beating Green Bay was really important (by far the weakest of the >.800 teams in this stretch, IMO.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":iwqjceku said:
Seahawkfan80":iwqjceku said:

Not asked of me directly, but inclement weather is always a benefit to the inferior team. It adds variance to games, and increased variance means the inferior team has a better shot (for an extreme example see the 9ers/Washington game played in a swimming pool earlier this year).

My *guess* (read: I don't actually know if this is true or not) is that bad weather elevates the run offense/defense element of match ups.

I think both of those things would benefit the Ravens (9ers seem to maybe be a slightly better team, but they've been struggling of late in the run game and with stopping the run, whereas Ravens are the reverse).

IMO the 9ers will probably need to be .500 in the next two weeks (Ravens and Saints), although playing against two of the top four teams in the NFL this year IMO I think it's also possible they drop both of them. It's why beating Green Bay was really important (by far the weakest of the >.800 teams in this stretch, IMO.

Thank you Popeye. Much appreciated.

I remember the Hawaii game where they were grabbing surf boards. Hard to catch someone when he is on a better surf board. LOL

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't get why people are surprised. It's been a long time since Rodgers was good against good teams, especially on the road. And the Niners are a great team.

Washington49er

Reaction score
nanomoz":8qrjrm7g said:
I don't get why people are surprised. It's been a long time since Rodgers was good against good teams, especially on the road. And the Niners are a great team.

I've been thinking all season that the Packers and in particular AR are overrated. After seeing what KC and SD did to AR I had a feeling the 9ers D would rip him a new one.

Been watching Breez and the Saints, same thing, I don't think their O call handle the 9ers D. They had a hard time beating the same team the 9ers put a 50 burger on. Lost to 1-7 Falcons, which they play again Thursday. The only thing that worries me about the Saints is Breez gets more calls than AR and they'll be at home.

Ravens is the biggest ? to me. Anxious to see how the Rams play them. Still want Rams to lose but if would be nice if they make it tough on Baltimore on a short week.

I honestly think the NFC is going to come down to the 9ers and Hawks.

rlkats

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2rj6yrmv said:
Seahawkfan80":2rj6yrmv said:

On point. Perfect assessment

Largent80

Reaction score
Green Bay is a pile of steamin Hank by the side of the road.......They sucked in every phase. It's one of those games where you ask, are they that bad?, is it the other team,?, or both. I'm thinking, they aren't very good in spite of their record.

I didn't see them being competitive, they looked beaten before they took the field. Give SF credit, they showed them the door in a big way.