S.T.G. = Seahawks Trivia Game

SeatownJay

Reaction score
kev007":1dtoo2ra said:
SeatownJay":1dtoo2ra said:
kev007":1dtoo2ra said:
SeatownJay":1dtoo2ra said:
What school has Seattle drafted the most players from?

Miami?

Kev
Assuming you are referring to the University of Miami (FL) and not Miami University (OH), you are correct. Seattle has drafted 12 Hurricanes.

Yes meant Miami (Fl), should have made it clearer.

Okay, try this one - Cassius Marsh became the first Seahawks draft selection from UCLA since 1993 when he was selected in the 4th round of the 2014 draft. Who was the player picked in the 2nd round in 1993?

Kev
It was a cornerback but I'm drawing a blank on the name and don't want to google it.

Maulbert

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2a7l11rs said:
kev007":2a7l11rs said:
Okay, try this one - Cassius Marsh became the first Seahawks draft selection from UCLA since 1993 when he was selected in the 4th round of the 2014 draft. Who was the player picked in the 2nd round in 1993?

Kev
It was a cornerback but I'm drawing a blank on the name and don't want to google it.

Carlton Gray.

What did we get for Rick Mirer and a 4th round pick (#105), from what team, and what year? (Bonus points for what we did with that bounty.)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maulbert":2wnpm0kw said:
SeatownJay":2wnpm0kw said:
kev007":2wnpm0kw said:

Kev

Carlton Gray.

What did we get for Rick Mirer and a 4th round pick (#105), from what team, and what year? (Bonus points for what we did with that bounty.)

The team was Chicago Bears. The Seahawks got the Bears first round pick (#11) in the 1997 draft. That's the draft the Seahawks got Springs and Walter Jones.

Next question -

How many former Seahawk players are in the Pro Football HOF?

djTOY2000

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1wzn9tu2 said:
Next question -

there are 8 "Former" Seahawks players currently in the Hall of Fame, 5 of which only spent a few years as a Seahawk, and were not inducted as a Seahawk. That being said, we truly only have 3 in the Hall of Fame - Largent, Kennedy, Jones.

now can I re-ask my trivia question ??

This former Seahawks player scored 2 points only once, the only points of his career, and received a superbowl ring without playing in the game due to injury...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
djTOY2000":hivpyctp said:
hawkfan68":hivpyctp said:
Next question -

there are 8 "Former" Seahawks players currently in the Hall of Fame, 5 of which only spent a few years as a Seahawk, and were not inducted as a Seahawk. That being said, we truly only have 3 in the Hall of Fame - Largent, Kennedy, Jones.

now can I re-ask my trivia question ??

This former Seahawks player scored 2 points only once, the only points of his career, and received a superbowl ring without playing in the game due to injury...

Yup!

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
djTOY2000":2ke9m7uj said:

Anybody know this answer ?

I've got nothing.

kev007

Reaction score
pmedic920":vajtej2w said:
djTOY2000":vajtej2w said:

I've got nothing.

Jordan 'Big Play' Babineaux? -

Kev

hawkfan68

Reaction score
kev007":uflmsjy4 said:
pmedic920":uflmsjy4 said:
djTOY2000":uflmsjy4 said:

I've got nothing.

Kev

Good guess but I don't believe that Babs was on the SB team. I think he left prior to that and went to the Titans. I could be wrong on that.

My guess is Walter Thurmond III. I think he got injured and suspended the SB season along with Browner. Really tough question. Good job djTOY2000.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1h3eflpr said:
kev007":1h3eflpr said:
pmedic920":1h3eflpr said:
djTOY2000":1h3eflpr said:

I've got nothing.

Kev

Good guess but I don't believe that Babs was on the SB team. I think he left prior to that and went to the Titans. I could be wrong on that.

My guess is Walter Thurmond III. I think he got injured and suspended the SB season along with Browner. Really tough question. Good job djTOY2000.

Don't forget XL, they got rings too :{)

Maulbert

Reaction score
pmedic920":30vntu76 said:
hawkfan68":30vntu76 said:
kev007":30vntu76 said:
djTOY2000":30vntu76 said:

Kev

Don't forget XL, they got rings too :{)

But the question said Super Bowl ring, not NFC Championship ring.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I thought this might be Helfet but I gave in, looked up his stats and he's got two TDs.

So now this is annoying me.

C'mon, someone must know?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seahawks had 2 safeties in the 2013 regular season. One was credited to Jermaine Kearse on a blocked punt. The second was a result of a holding call so it wasn't credited to a Seahawk player that I can tell. The safety in the question must not have happened in 2013 which makes the question a little broad and confusing.

**edit** I've looked at every safety scored by the Seahawks in history and none of those players missed the Superbowl due to injury.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
He didn't say that he got the 2 pts in the same season as the SB though. I'm just gonna wing it and guess Spencer Ware. I have no idea.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Here is the list of every Seahawk who has scored a safety in history.

Rod Stephens Sam Adams Jordan Babineaux Dave Brown Jeff Bryant Antonio Edwards Anthony Hargrove Orlando Huff Jermaine Kearse Tony McDaniel Steve Raible Dan Saleaumua Josh Scobey James Williams

Of those, Kearse and McDaniel PLAYED in the Superbowl. The rest were not on the team at that time.

**Re-Edit** I've also looked at every 2 pt conversion scored in Seahawks history and it still doesn't fit the question.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":qdwnw69v said:
Here is the list of every Seahawk who has scored a safety in history.

Rod Stephens Sam Adams Jordan Babineaux Dave Brown Jeff Bryant Antonio Edwards Anthony Hargrove Orlando Huff Jermaine Kearse Tony McDaniel Steve Raible Dan Saleaumua Josh Scobey James Williams

Of those, Kearse and McDaniel PLAYED in the Superbowl. The rest were not on the team at that time.

**Re-Edit** I've also looked at every 2 pt conversion scored in Seahawks history and it still doesn't fit the question.

Unless he scored his safety or won his ring when he wasn't a member of the Seahawks, in which case, I think this question should be disqualified, as the question would be misleading. Plus, this is Seahawks Trivia, not NFL Trivia.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Benson Mayowa had a safety with the Raiders in 2015. He was inactive in the Superbowl but he wasn't on the injury report. The question said the player was injured so this wouldn't be a correct answer to the question as it was asked, but probably the closest there is.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't think any active players missed the game due to injury, so it would have to be somebody on IR. Here is the list of guys on IR that season:

93 Kenneth Boatright DE (IR) Injury
38 Chandler Fenner CB (IR) Injury
32 Jeron Johnson SS (IR) Injury
85 Anthony McCoy TE (IR) Injury
18 Sidney Rice WR (IR) Injury
98 Greg Scruggs DE (PUP) Injury
34 Tharold Simon CB (PUP) Injury
59 Korey Toomer MLB (NF-Inj.) Injury
44 Spencer Ware FB (IR) Injury
90 Jesse Williams DT (IR) Injury

Could it be somebody we released due to injury that only scored a 2-point conversion? I dunno.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
If Hawkstorian can't answer by looking it up, something is amiss.

Let's move on and let DJ help us out later.

Who did the Seahawks defeat to get their very first HOME victory?
Extra points if you know the score.