Saints vs. Vikings

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Is the Brees era over? Feels like he should of won another trophy...maybe two. Never gave the Vikes a chance in this one. Maybe NO were not taking them seriously.

justafan

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3vc0bs05 said:
Is the Brees era over? Feels like he should of won another trophy...maybe two. Never gave the Vikes a chance in this one. Maybe NO were not taking them seriously.

I dont think so but when a coach has Brees,Thomas ,Kamara and Cook and cant outscore Minnie he is over rated.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
justafan":3qiis1o4 said:
Cyrus12":3qiis1o4 said:

I dont think so but when a coach has Brees,Thomas ,Kamara and Cook and cant outscore Minnie he is over rated.
I think you’re discounting Minnesota.

Minnesota’s defense is legit and plays very physical.

The Saints have always been more of a finesse team and they happen to get punched in the mouth!

I didn’t like our chances against Minnesota.

Minnesota can also punch the Niners in the mouth.

Optimus25

Reaction score
minormillikin":67oi3x8k said:
Optimus25":67oi3x8k said:
IndyHawk":67oi3x8k said:
Optimus25":67oi3x8k said:
Still can’t believe some people wanted to win vs the niners
Why do you say that?Why would you want a Hawk loss?

Vikings up on the saints in the fourth quarter maybe???

I thought it was plain as day how much better the Vikings are than the eagles.

So what if Minnesota started the 4th with a lead? A game between NO and MIN doesn't have anything to do with how the Seahawks would play against them.

Plus, Seahawks have already beaten both the Eagles and the Vikings this year.

And then what about the rest of the playoffs? There aren't any easy teams on the way to the Super Bowl. And if you're not hoping for that anyway, you should just be cheering for a Seahawks loss for better draft position.

Good thing who we cheer for or "hope wins" has no impact on the game anyway.

At the end of today if you can’t see that Philly was about twice as easy a matchup as Minnesota i just don’t have words.

knownone

Reaction score
The Saints really only beat 2 good teams all season. This loss wasn't surprising. There wasn't a large gap between the two teams in terms of talent, and ultimately, not having a solid receiving threat outside of Thomas cost them.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":7xsqy4jw said:
minormillikin":7xsqy4jw said:
Optimus25":7xsqy4jw said:
IndyHawk":7xsqy4jw said:
Why do you say that?Why would you want a Hawk loss?

Vikings up on the saints in the fourth quarter maybe???

I thought it was plain as day how much better the Vikings are than the eagles.

So what if Minnesota started the 4th with a lead? A game between NO and MIN doesn't have anything to do with how the Seahawks would play against them.

Plus, Seahawks have already beaten both the Eagles and the Vikings this year.

And then what about the rest of the playoffs? There aren't any easy teams on the way to the Super Bowl. And if you're not hoping for that anyway, you should just be cheering for a Seahawks loss for better draft position.

Good thing who we cheer for or "hope wins" has no impact on the game anyway.

At the end of today if you can’t see that Philly was about twice as easy a matchup as Minnesota i just don’t have words.
The thing you fail to comprehend is we would have had a bye and a home game against the
Vikes who we beat ..You going to tell me no to that?
Our team punches people in the mouth too.. :177692:

Smellyman

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1drpnntm said:
Saints get screwed in 3 major games with PI non-calls. 2019 NFCCG, 2020 NFC West title game and 2020 Wilcard Game.

NO might want to go on suicide watch for its beleaguered fans.

Unbelievable.

Would not ever happen to 'certain' teams in the league.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Mad Dog":246n3098 said:
Saints get screwed in 3 major games with PI non-calls. 2019 NFCCG, 2020 NFC West title game and 2020 Wilcard Game.

NO might want to go on suicide watch for its beleaguered fans.

I agree on the first two, but on the last one, not sure. I'm not sure that was PI on the last play of the NO/Vikes game. A push-off yeah, but enough to warrant a PI? Not sure.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3qv42ugl said:
hawksfansinceday1":3qv42ugl said:
Cyrus12":3qv42ugl said:
It was a push off...
Yeah but they ain't gonna call it this year, last year or next year...............unless it's Darrell Jackson in XL* and the NFL wants the stealers to win
Very true. GB and San Fran gets that call

Sigh...

...so just out of curiosity, just how much winning does a team have to do before it rolls over into the "the refs will make sure they win" column?

Niners didn't get the call in the Super Bowl. Are the Ravens one of those teams? How about the hit by Clowney on Wentz that didn't get flagged. We just ignore that now, right? Doesn't fit the victim narrative? (BTW it was clearly an illegal hit, but I don't think it was intentional).

You guys have been winning for a LONG time now and have benefited from A LOT of calls through the years, just as every other NFL team has. At some point, do you surrender the victim card? Do you just position yourself as the underdog FOREVER so you can cry about bad calls and ignore every one that benefits you?

As for THIS call in Vikings game? I think it was real close to OPI but refs aren't gonna call it in that situation.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ysif112 said:
Cyrus12":2ysif112 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2ysif112 said:
Cyrus12":2ysif112 said:
It was a push off...
Yeah but they ain't gonna call it this year, last year or next year...............unless it's Darrell Jackson in XL* and the NFL wants the stealers to win

Sigh...

...so just out of curiosity, just how much winning does a team have to do before it rolls over into the "the refs will make sure they win" column?

Niners didn't get the call in the Super Bowl. Are the Ravens one of those teams? How about the hit by Clowney on Wentz that didn't get flagged. We just ignore that now, right? Doesn't fit the victim narrative? (BTW it was clearly an illegal hit, but I don't think it was intentional).

You guys have been winning for a LONG time now and have benefited from A LOT of calls through the years, just as every other NFL team has. At some point, do you surrender the victim card? Do you just position yourself as the underdog FOREVER so you can cry about bad calls and ignore every one that benefits you?

As for THIS call in Vikings game? I think it was real close to OPI but refs aren't gonna call it in that situation.

Well if your fanbase and many others have not spent the first 38 years telling us we are irrelevant, new kids on the block, have not done anything, are placeholders in the division and for us that is AFC and NFC, the media chimes in with how they describe us and the area we are in.

We may have won a lot more then people give us credit for, our pedestrian performances such as best expansion franchise ever, quickest to make the playoffs as a expansion team. You see even when we had success early we were discredited by almost everyone.

So yeah we have a chip on our shoulder as a fan base, even now we are in a re building or re tooling situation and struggle a bit people want to get the shovel and throw dirt on us.

So I will take it and we will again prove people wrong, just as we did today, we may not win a Super Bowl this year, or maybe something extra ordinary will happen, but once again we are here, making people look foolish for writing us off and players proving experts wrong about them again.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":19mls5fb said:
Marvin49":19mls5fb said:
Cyrus12":19mls5fb said:
hawksfansinceday1":19mls5fb said:

Sigh...

Well if your fanbase and many others have not spent the first 38 years telling us we are irrelevant, new kids on the block, have not done anything, are placeholders in the division and for us that is AFC and NFC, the media chimes in with how they describe us and the area we are in.

We may have won a lot more then people give us credit for, our pedestrian performances such as best expansion franchise ever, quickest to make the playoffs as a expansion team. You see even when we had success early we were discredited by almost everyone.

So yeah we have a chip on our shoulder as a fan base, even now we are in a re building or re tooling situation and struggle a bit people want to get the shovel and throw dirt on us.

So I will take it and we will again prove people wrong, just as we did today, we may not win a Super Bowl this year, or maybe something extra ordinary will happen, but once again we are here, making people look foolish for writing us off and players proving experts wrong about them again.

I take no issue with you guys thinking that people doubt you. Hell, I've been hearing all year that Garoppolo is the weak link, or that they haven't played anyone, or whatever. I get it.

Its when people start with the "the NFL wants X team to win more than us" and by extension ensures that result.

It's tin foil hat territory and the crap that fans of perennial losers say...which the Seahawks are NOT.

In this regard it notable how people making that complaint are people who have a short view of whos who in the NFL. The Steelers were nobodies in the 60s. The Niners were nobodies in the 70s. The Pats were nobodies in the 80s and kinda in the 90s.

At what point does a team cross over and become one of those teams?

Its bogus. Its all good to think the world is against you. Hell, its Richard Shermans entire mantra. Actually believing tho that the NFL is in real time changing calls in order to steer outcomes is loony tunes. They aren't nearly that adept even if they were trying.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Hey guys, Saints fan here.

The Saints beat themselves today, and those “Experts” who said that the Saints would win this game easy proved that their expertise isn’t in football.

The OPI at the end of the game should have been reviewed, but it wasn’t, and if it was the refs wouldn’t overturn it (because they never do).

Our run defense is hella inflated because we get out ahead of teams and they have to abandon the run and pass in order to keep up. It’s true. Losing Rankins hurt a ton.

This offseason we need to get another wide receiver or we will never see this offense or Michael Thomas’s full potential. Also our guard Peat is gone. If he isn’t we need to reconsider who is fighting to keep him. He is a turnstile that doesn’t even try.

Good luck to the Vikes moving forward. No I’ll will from me, you guys beat us fare and square.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Classy post, El Caliente. I was surprised you guys lost...but this gives us a small chance to host the NFCCG, so I'm glad it happened, lol. Sorry. :)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":2urpzo6w said:
Cyrus12":2urpzo6w said:
hawksfansinceday1":2urpzo6w said:
Cyrus12":2urpzo6w said:
It was a push off...

Sigh...

I will never surrender what they did to the Seahawks in XL*. It was utterly blatant and utterly obvious. Since then as you said we've both benefited and been screwed.

Latest posts