Santa Clara vs Arizona

pmedic920

Reaction score

rlkats

Reaction score
Maulbert":ra75434d said:
Goddamnit. Jimmy GQ's jock-sniffers are gonna be back in here this week, no doubt with excuses for his picks.

No excuses on the picks. Those are his typical WTF was he doing. I'm getting used to seeing this every game haha

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3i7uwxyv said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/barstoolbets/status/1196224394458206209[/tweet]
Unfortunately for those who bet wrong, there is no camera which shows indisputable evidence that the call on the field was wrong.

Maulbert

Reaction score
rlkats":216nh63z said:
Maulbert":216nh63z said:
Goddamnit. Jimmy GQ's jock-sniffers are gonna be back in here this week, no doubt with excuses for his picks.

No excuses on the picks. Those are his typical WTF was he doing. I'm getting used to seeing this every game haha

Don't worry, I wasn't talking about you, or almost anyone that's been here since Monday.

Washington49er

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":2yh68mkw said:
I love how two games in a row the refs favor the niners....
Forward progress for the niners when they fumble yet when Arizona has it, forward progress does not exist

B.S. AZ was holding all game long. Two crucial holds on Richburg, even announcers didn't see it.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
rlkats":14e2sv5q said:
Maulbert":14e2sv5q said:

The only thing that will fix that is experience. The guy has started some twenty games. The bottom line is he needs to play more, and it’s like I said earlier in the year: his learning curve is a horrible match for the rest of the roster. That ACL injury that cost him thirteen games is affecting the team this year even if he’s fully recovered physically. Those lost snaps are huge, and they might doom the 49ers.

Naturally this is assuming that playing time and experience will allow Garoppolo to progress in terms of his on the field vision, which happens for many quarterbacks, but not all of them (for example, see Kaepernick, Colin).

rlkats

Reaction score
Maulbert":3dlquewt said:
rlkats":3dlquewt said:
Maulbert":3dlquewt said:

Don't worry, I wasn't talking about you, or almost anyone that's been here since Monday.

I know. It be all good pal. I just like posting the ok obvious hahaha

Crizilla

Reaction score
Didn't watch the ending but that PI call on ARZ was absolutely pathetic. Im speechless. There is no doubt in my mind the NFL wants SF to get that 1 seed and win the Owl.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Crizilla":2l4rppb4 said:
Didn't watch the ending but that PI call on ARZ was absolutely pathetic. Im speechless. There is no doubt in my mind the NFL wants SF to get that 1 seed and win the Owl.
Conspiracy theories like this are so dumb. If it was a deliberate bad call it was to make up for the weak second PI on Sherman. But most likely, the ref thought the linebacker impeded his path to the ball. A simple challenge could have overturned it if it was really such a blatantly bad call.

rlkats

Reaction score
Crizilla":2woamsef said:

I agree it was pathetic, soooooo pathetic that the coach didn't challenge it. Darn refs

knownone

Reaction score
The referee’s didn’t overturn an obvious PI in the Texans game, so it’s hard to blame Arizona for not challenging it.

Threedee

Reaction score
I think people/coaches expect too much from the PI challenge. Called PI is always going to be too close to meet the standard of clear and indisputable. On uncalled PI, I say refs disregard tons of contact and circumstances today whenever it was challenged. It seems clear they really just wanted the rule change to account for moments like the Saints game.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Apology to Pmed..I didn't realize gameday was being used for this.
I never have seen it done before.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":cblemhaw said:
Crizilla":cblemhaw said:
Conspiracy theories like this are so dumb. If it was a deliberate bad call it was to make up for the weak second PI on Sherman. But most likely, the ref thought the linebacker impeded his path to the ball. A simple challenge could have overturned it if it was really such a blatantly bad call.

I always have questions about the logistics and process on this.

Does Goodell have a special hatchet man that calls specific refs and gives them instructions to do this? Do they do it on a conference call? Special secure email system? And they must have really good goons if they can keep people from talking ever.

Also, to the point of SF getting the 1 seed and winning the Super Bowl, that raises questions with the usual "NFL want legacy team win" stuff. Why do they want them to get the #1 seed over the real legacy team, GB? And doesn't Goodell love the Patriots? Why would he want the 49ers to win over them? And why aren't the Cowboys getting more help?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
bmorepunk":14sxm4px said:
I always have questions about the logistics and process on this.

Does Goodell have a special hatchet man that calls specific refs and gives them instructions to do this? Do they do it on a conference call? Special secure email system? And they must have really good goons if they can keep people from talking ever.

Also, to the point of SF getting the 1 seed and winning the Super Bowl, that raises questions with the usual "NFL want legacy team win" stuff. Why do they want them to get the #1 seed over the real legacy team, GB? And doesn't Goodell love the Patriots? Why would he want the 49ers to win over them? And why aren't the Cowboys getting more help?

This.

Officiating conspiracies are literally the lowest form of fandom.

TBF though I'd take the full tinfoil hatters over the low information fans who just whine about officiating week in and week out though, as at least they conspiracy nutters are good for a laugh.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2pv0dh7e said:
This.

Officiating conspiracies are literally the lowest form of fandom.

TBF though I'd take the full tinfoil hatters over the low information fans who just whine about officiating week in and week out though, as at least they conspiracy nutters are good for a laugh.
They get thrown around and used as an excuse way too often, but those who believe they never happen are woefully ignorant of the number of times officials/referees/etc. have actually been caught red-handed fixing games/matches/etc. throughout sports history.

It does happen, and with a sport with such subjective rules built into it all over the rule book, the NFL is an easy place to do it in.

Largent80

Reaction score
Also, AZ. Blitzed their safeties on that last TD play, PLUS dropped their best pass rusher into coverage. Very dumb play by their DC.

Marvin49

Reaction score
So...couple things....

Yeah, PI on the Arizona LB was pretty bogus. Didn't really change anything tho as next play was INT. There were also quite a few phantom holding calls that went against SF and the second and third PIs on Sherman were pretty BS as well IMO. Just stop with the conspiracy theories. There is no way faster for me to tune you out as putting forth the conspiracy theory that the NFL wants team X in the playoffs regardless of whom team X happens to be. Those always seems to come from fans of perennial losers who hate teams that are good for long stretches. Guess what? You guys aren't perennial losers. You've been good for a long time. May shock you, but some will probably say the league want YOU to win and it will sound every bit as ridiculous.

Reality is that people always think the NFL is out to get whomever you want to win so you see all officiating through that lens.

As for the two INTs, I think you'll hear from most Niner fans that pay any attention that: Yup. Bad throws. He always has 1 or 2 WTF throws every game. No excuse. At this point in his career, that's life with Jimmy G. One was high, behind and tipped (100% on Jimmy) and the other was a classic Jimmy WTF.

If he can ever eliminate those from his game he's gonna be fantastic. Problem is, as yet he's shown no ability to eliminate them. Still only 20 NFL starts, less than Darnold and Mayfield, so there is some on field learning to do...and I'll take 17-3 through his first 20 thank you. Its just kinda part of the ride with him. Peeps on this site will say Niner fans excuse them away. We don't. We see them and they are just part of the package right now.

Funny part to me is this sites obsession with those INTs. They were bad. Many here just wanna hang their hat on those tho. Meanwhile...he was down by 16, had a rushing attack that ran for less than 40 yards and he put up over 400 yards, 4TDs and a QB rating of 115. Only Montana and Young had ever done that in a Niner uniform.

So am I hangin my head today over two INTs? Um. No.

Latest posts