Scenarios to win the division and rooting interests for 'Haw

jkitsune

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this excellent Field Gulls write-up by Danny Kelly, which addresses possible tiebreak scenarios with Arizona and how they affect Seattle, as well as info on who to root for this week in order to help the 'Hawks reach the playoffs. Didn't see it posted anywhere else on the front page.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/12/8/987 ... ting-guide

sutz

Reaction score
Nice write-up, but it's apparently not by Kelly. ;)

Editor's note: We're having issues with our author bylines so while this article shows up under Danny's name, this is what Tim Connolly's submitted for his weekly The Watch column. Take it away, Tim:

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
He contradicts himself in the article. We should be rooting against the Saints, since Arizona has already beaten them.

kearly

Reaction score
Tampa owns the conference tiebreaker over Seattle, and their remaining schedule is comparable to Seattle's: three easy games followed by a very tough game that might have the final opponent resting starters. They are only a game behind Seattle. Last week I was rooting for Atlanta to win because Tampa posed a bigger threat to Seattle in the event that they won the game.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Minnesota falls out of the playoffs. They have two near-certain losses in their last four (@AZ, @GB), and Chicago and New York are talented enough to pull off road upsets in Minny. Like Seattle, they would lose the conference tiebreaker to Tampa. However, they are still currently a game ahead of Seattle.

Not sure how the tiebreakers would work in a three way tie scenario with Tampa, Minnesota, and Seattle. I don't feel that the Seahawks are out of the woods until Tampa loses one more game.

Polaris

Reaction score
kearly":2nmafnb2 said:
Tampa owns the conference tiebreaker over Seattle, and their remaining schedule is comparable to Seattle's: three easy games followed by a very tough game that might have the final opponent resting starters. They are only a game behind Seattle. Last week I was rooting for Atlanta to win because Tampa posed a bigger threat to Seattle in the event that they won the game.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Minnesota falls out of the playoffs. They have two near-certain losses in their last four (@AZ, @GB), and Chicago and New York are talented enough to pull off road upsets in Minny. Like Seattle, they would lose the conference tiebreaker to Tampa. However, they are still currently a game ahead of Seattle.

Not sure how the tiebreakers would work in a three way tie scenario with Tampa, Minnesota, and Seattle. I don't feel that the Seahawks are out of the woods until Tampa loses one more game.

In a three way tie, Tampa and Seattle get wilcards (Tampa #5, Seattle #6) and Minny is left out in the cold.

Polaris

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":dhehnlli said:
He contradicts himself in the article. We should be rooting against the Saints, since Arizona has already beaten them.

Yes, but not this week. It's more important for us that Tampa lose at least once.

Latest posts