SEA vs. NE #12 best game of 2012

SE174

Reaction score
Very apropos.

http://www.nfl.com/top20games

...So, when did everyone realize the Seahawks were for real? When they beat the Pats.

Why This Game is No. 12: Patriots-Seahawks featured two of the better clubs from last season, with the bonus being that we rarely see this interconference matchup.

Going a step further, you couldn't find two more contrasting styles if you tried. Seattle pounds the ball, tries to completely shut down your offense and asks its quarterback to make plays in spots. Meanwhile, New England often places the whole game on its quarterback's shoulders, while living off takeaways on defense. Consider: Brady attempted 31 more passes than Wilson in this game, despite the fact New England had a two-score lead in the fourth.

All that made for an intriguing matchup decided by one point. Not bad.

tubbs51

Reaction score
That, in my mind, was the 2nd best game for the Seahawks this last season with the beatdown of the niners in the Emerald City as the best and the OT win in Chicago a very close third.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Love that game. I watched the highlight at work today and almost stood up at my desk cheering when Wilson connected with Rice.

tubbs51

Reaction score
Just actually read that article and the writer fails to mention how Sherman and the DB corps was provoked by Brady and the reason why Sherman did the "U Mad Bro?" bit.

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3rf2hc3v said:
Love that game. I watched the highlight at work today and almost stood up at my desk cheering when Wilson connected with Rice.
:lol:

I was bored so I watched the game in its entirety yesterday. That Miller fumble really pissed me off, as did the missed protection that allowed Lynch to get tackled for a loss on 3rd and 1 or 2 near the red zone on our first drive. Hell of a game though.

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":26bq791s said:
"That's 6!"

Reaction score
Everytime I hear about this game, I think about RealRob being mic'd up.

"What happened?! What happened????!!!!"

"That's 6! That's 6!"

quadsas

Reaction score
I imagine Superbowl will be #1, Seahawks v Falcons and v GB top 5?

largenutz

Reaction score
Think ill go watch it now, if anyone has any other games on dvd and would wanna trade pm me.
I also got first game of the year vs Az. Its a loss but its Russ s first pro game!

gspin2k1

Reaction score
My favorite part about this game was that it closely followed the Packers game and there were no questions at the end over who won.

billio155

Reaction score
That game will always hold a special place for me. That weekend, I met a group of my friends for hunting trip in Montana. Hunting was slow that day, so we drove into Alder for a beer, a tiny town, with a tiny bar. We walked into the bar and low and behold the Hawks game was on. It was the fourth quarter and we were losing. My buddies all gave me a hard time.."Ha ha...the hawks suck...blah...blah...blah. There was a lone Hawks fan sitting at the bar. He was an old man and wore a 1990's style Hawks jacket. He looked pretty bummed out. I went and sat down next to him. When Rice caught that perfect pass from Wilson, we both stood up and screamed at the top of our lungs...then we hugged. It was a great afternoon and one I'll never forget. Thanks Mr. Wilson!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Yeah the Seahawk 'pound the ball' until it's time for the sexy deep ball.

Gunslinger

Reaction score
That game was special for me because I flew up there to watch it. I watch the replay on my iPhone all the time.