Seahawks-49ers Game Preview...5 Keys to a Seahawks Victory

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":53he5n3p said:
Check my edit, Fran Tarkenton with an elite arm by modern standards absolute best deep ball in the league. Need evidence? Check who his receiving corps is. He like Brady and Manning is making average to slightly above straight elite.

Absolutely right. Russell Wilson, like Brady and Manning, can make average NFL players look like stars. Straight up truth.

It's still sounding this morning as if LG Iupati is out and that LT Joe Staley is planning on giving it a go in this one. That's absolutely remarkable after spraining his MCL this last week. I'm thinking that this is one of those situations in which normally he wouldn't play, but because it's against the Seahawks and the 49ers could potentially lose if he doesn't (and may even get knocked out of the playoffs) he will. Still, you've got to wonder how effective he's going to be.

As always, I believe that Carroll and the coaching staff will make establishing the run a priority in this one. Going back through the archives, Marshawn Lynch has done very well against the 49ers the past 2 years ...

Lynch against the 49ers ...
12/24/2011 (at Century Link) ... 21 Carries ... 107 Yards Rushing ... 5.1 Yards/Carry ... 1 TD
10/18/2012 (at Candlestick) ... 19 Carries ... 103 Yards Rushing ... 5.4 Yards/Carry ... 0 TD
12/23/2012 (at Century Link) ... 26 Carries ... 111 Yards Rushing ... 4.3 Yards/Carry ... 1 TD
9/15/2013 (at Century Link) ... 28 Carries ... 98 Yards Rushing ... 3.5 Yards/Carry ... 2 TD

The last time the 49ers really shut him down, was on 9/11/2011 (at Candlestick) ...
The Niners held Lynch to just 33 Yards Rushing on 13 carries (2.5 Yards/Carry) on that day with Tavaris Jackson at the helm.

They also held Lynch to just 29 yards on 10 carries (2.9 Yards/Carry) on 12/10/2012 at Candlestick as well when Hasselbeck was still under center.

So, I don't know exactly what to expect productivity-wise from Lynch today ... but my eyes will be fixed squarely upon the offensive line and the blocking up front. Definitely got to watch the trenches today.

How about you guys, what particular thing(s) will you be focusing on in this game?

Largent80

Reaction score
QUOTE "the 49ers running attack has been as lethal as a 3 legged chihuahua with no teeth" /Quote

And...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

justafan

Reaction score
Great write up.Thanks.It has been noticeable that he has gotten the ball out quicker.I dont think the routes or gameplan has changed that much I justthink RW is getting better and trusting the OLine and WRs more.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I am looking at Keapernick if he doesn't go off this game is ours. Finally Matiucchi points it out. We are not losing a thing with Browner out. This is the make or break game for Keapernick. He was put in because of Wilson's success. So as us in Missouri like to say.. Show me given Alex Smith sure has.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I am looking at Keapernick if he doesn't go off this game is ours. Finally Matiucchi points it out. We are not losing a thing with Browner out. This is the make or break game for Keapernick.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Thanks pmedic920 ... and I completely agree KCHawkGirl. In very many ways, I view this game as kind of a watershed moment for Kaepernick. We'll see what he's truly made of when the pressure cooker is turned up to high.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Oh yeah, thank you HS for the wonderful OP. Very understandable even for a regular fan.:)

Did that come out right?