Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

Ezekiel38

Reaction score
Marvin49":17sdbg62 said:
Ezekiel38":17sdbg62 said:
Seahawk Sailor":17sdbg62 said:
Ezekiel38":17sdbg62 said:
I will wager RW will not win another SB and Jimmy will get a couple. By the time Seattle rebuilds their defense (if they are able) RW will be well past his prime.

The era of JimmyG has begun :p

I mean, he's due. What with the dynasties other guys like him have had. Nick Foles, for example. Remember when he had that near-perfect season and turned the Eagles' success into a handful of Lombardis? Yeah, me too!

:irishdrinkers:

JimmyG is better than Nick Foles. I do like Nick Foles and he played a great Super Bowl. But no chance in hell I'm trading JG for NF.

You really think IF the Niners won the SB this year, we would not be competing for them year in and year out for a minimum good five year window? Our team and defense is young.

We will see. But for now I'll take one Super Bowl and don't give a damn who is at the helm making it happen.

Dude....he hasn't even played in a playoff game. SLOW DOWN.

It's called projecting Marvin. I'm an ENTP (Meyers Briggs parlance) and thus a dreamer and enjoy speculating on future realities based on what I see in the present. So far, he looks to have "it" when "it" is needed. If the playoff pressure causes him to look materially different, I will reduce my future expectations at that point.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Gameday Gents.

Good Luck...but not too much. :D

Here's hoping everyone gets out healthy.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":13fjmsee said:
Enjoy 8-1 and being in second place.

We'll see....

and even if that were true, how is 8-1 second place?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1sxkg9mf said:
Largent80":1sxkg9mf said:

We'll see....

Well, that includes us also beating you in Seattle, both teams going otherwise undefeated, and you guys being a 14-2 wild card due to the tie breaker. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
GeekHawk":tp8m2j1l said:
Marvin49":tp8m2j1l said:
Largent80":tp8m2j1l said:

We'll see....

Well, that includes us also beating you in Seattle, both teams going otherwise undefeated, and you guys being a 14-2 wild card due to the tie breaker. :mrgreen:

Right.......but that doesn't mean 8-1 AND second place. LOL.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
FYI, Nothing official right now, but looks like Kittle won't play.

Sigh.

Ezekiel38

Reaction score
Marvin49":1031k7ef said:

Sigh.

That really sucks but we are better than them by a big enough margin that we should still win this game. Dwelley will be effective, just without the yards after the catch Kittle provides.

We are on 11 days rest. Sherman is pissed about the D's last performance and will have us focused against his former team. We are at home. And we are just the better team all around.

27-20 Niners win this.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":2jod83kw said:
Marvin49":2jod83kw said:

Sigh.

That really sucks but we are better than them by a big enough margin that we should still win this game. Dwelley will be effective, just without the yards after the catch Kittle provides.

We are on 11 days rest. Sherman is pissed about the D's last performance and will have us focused against his former team. We are at home. And we are just the better team all around.

27-20 Niners win this.

I'm looking forward to you disappearing from here when Wilson pantses your D that's been feasting on crappy offenses.

Giedi

Reaction score
Marvin49":356ofqmd said:

Sigh.
49ers have the number 1 rushing attack against a Seahawk defense that's ranked somewhere in the middle in rush defense. So, while Kittle looks like he isn't going to play, that rushing attack still has to be respected by the Seahawk defense. If that's the case, the Seattle pass defense becomes vulnerable to the other 49er receivers. Dwelley looked decent being Kittle in the Cardinal game, I hope that continues.

I don't think, as great as the 49er defense is, that they will significantly slow down the Seattle offense. But all it takes is one or two three and outs and the 49ers can start piling on the points. It's going to be a great game, and I agree with you - it's going to be a lot closer than what Las Vegas and some Media talking heads are saying it is.

Giedi

Reaction score
Maulbert":2wib4rm0 said:
Ezekiel38":2wib4rm0 said:
Marvin49":2wib4rm0 said:

Sigh.

27-20 Niners win this.

I'm looking forward to you disappearing from here when Wilson pantses your D that's been feasting on crappy offenses.
I"m pretty sure Russell is going to put up at least as many points as Kyler did against the 49er defense, if not more, because Seattle's offense is so much more talented. I just hope the 49er offense can match Wilson - drive for drive and score for score.

Ezekiel38

Reaction score
Maulbert":ffnwvqoq said:
Ezekiel38":ffnwvqoq said:
Marvin49":ffnwvqoq said:

Sigh.

27-20 Niners win this.

I'll come here and eat crow if you are able to defeat the Niners in this game. My score prediction is not a blowout so there is no blatant disrespect. Fact is, the 49ers are undefeated and have looked far more impressive this season than the Seahawks, who could easily be 5-4 and who I view as a 5-4 type team based on how they have looked.

But as we saw yesterday, Atlanta defeated NO on the road convincingly so anything can happen in a division game.

As far as feasting on crappy offenses, we can only play who is on our schedule. We will learn a lot tonight.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":24frxscd said:
Maulbert":24frxscd said:
Ezekiel38":24frxscd said:
Marvin49":24frxscd said:

Sigh.

27-20 Niners win this.

I'll come here and eat crow if you are able to defeat the Niners in this game. My score prediction is not a blowout so there is no blatant disrespect. Fact is, the 49ers are undefeated and have looked far more impressive this season than the Seahawks, who could easily be 5-4 and who I view as a 5-4 type team based on how they have looked.

But as we saw yesterday, Atlanta defeated NO on the road convincingly so anything can happen in a division game.

As far as feasting on crappy offenses, we can only play who is on our schedule. We will learn a lot tonight.

Just responding to the bolded.

I thought that too, but I've kinda come to a realization.

If Seattle wins, the narrative won't be that the Seahawks are great. It will be that the Niners weren't as good as everyone thought.

If SF wins, then people will say, "yeah, but the Seahawks hadn't beaten anyone". This is in no way a slight on Seattle. Its about the way the media treats EVERY Niner win. "THIS is the week that X happens". Then they maul that team and I still hear "they haven't played anyone".

I mean really, whom has Seattle beaten that qualifies as "anyone" in the statement the Niners haven't beated anyone?

I just watched a thing on GMFB where they were posting to the "trust tree", putting teams on those branches as they trusted them.

Yeah....the Patriots, Saints, Ravens, and Seahawks were ALL taken before the NFLs only undefeated team, and even then she said she didn't trust putting them there.

The disrespect is real. Its OK tho. I don't want them crowned. Make no mistake, Wilson and that O will be the biggest challenge so far this year, but the narrative is loopy.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3q1vfvs2 said:
Maulbert":3q1vfvs2 said:
Marvin49":3q1vfvs2 said:
chris98251":3q1vfvs2 said:
But where is the Franchise, not seeing Jimmy there?

Also not seeing any QBs with a run game that averages 171 yards per game or the leagues #1 defense.

Despite that, 70.8 Comp%, 13TDs, 7INTs, a 100.6 QB Rating, 69.1 QBR...and an 8-0 record. :D

You list 7 picks like that's a good thing.

It is, if it’s the “Golden boy”. He can do nothing wrong in many Niners trolls eyes.
He has “no fatal flaws” according to some. He’s 8-0, some snowflake Niner trolls bellow.... reality: thanks to the doefense.
So where on the spectrum are you, or is it something else? I merely ask because by understanding the disability you have it might be easier to communicate with you, since simple, clear English is obviously ineffective (as evidence by the repeated misrepresentation of what was said, over and over again, much like Tryion’s cousin, “SMATH THE BEETLES! SMATH EM!”)

[youtube]gI_es584jCU[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin this will come down to will Pete play not to lose or allow Wilson to actually play and use all of his weapons, same for the defense, we can't allow those delayed sprint draws off tackle that your 49ers have had success with, Kittle out will limit some of those I imagine, but the open underneath stuff and YAC will be demoralizing if we don't start playing tighter say a 5 yard separation in zone versus that 10 or 15 yard drop they have been doing.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
chris98251":2l5903m1 said:
Marvin this will come down to will Pete play not to lose or allow Wilson to actually play and use all of his weapons, same for the defense, we can't allow those delayed sprint draws off tackle that your 49ers have had success with, Kittle out will limit some of those I imagine, but the open underneath stuff and YAC will be demoralizing if we don't start playing tighter say a 5 yard separation in zone versus that 10 or 15 yard drop they have been doing.
Kittle is a big reason for their success in the run game. If he doesn’t go it’s a massive double whammy. And on defense they are already down Kwon and Witherspoon. It looks like the only advantage the 49ers have is that Seattle had to travel south a couple states.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":1f2gjxxg said:

I mean, I get what you are saying, but I kinda refuse to believe that it all depends on what Pete does. I respect the man, but he won't be the only coach on the sidelines tonight.

IMO, Seattle will score, they will move the ball on the ground and they will have some success passing the ball.

....but I also think that the 49ers will have success in all those same areas...so who knows how it works out. I'll have my wife on standby to call 911 because I have a feeling I'm not gonna breathe for 3.5 hours.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":36ng7j3k said:
chris98251":36ng7j3k said:

I mean, I get what you are saying, but I kinda refuse to believe that it all depends on what Pete does. I respect the man, but he won't be the only coach on the sidelines tonight.

IMO, Seattle will score, they will move the ball on the ground and they will have some success passing the ball.

....but I also think that the 49ers will have success in all those same areas...so who knows how it works out. I'll have my wife on standby to call 911 because I have a feeling I'm not gonna breathe for 3.5 hours.

The reason I say that is when we got behind right away against Tampa Pete allowed Schotty to open it up, he also gave Norton or called it himself the defense to go tighter and play Man as well. Both situations were better and paid dividends.