Seahawks D, what happens next?

TypeSly

Reaction score
had2bhawk":3kmei3e7 said:
chris98251":3kmei3e7 said:
With this offense they only have to be average yet reliable.

Your speaking of the offense that is coming off IR, correct. The run game is everything. More time offense is on the field the more the Defense gets to breath. I Love the way this part of season is working out.

Yes, absolutely true. The better run game we have, the more we chew up the clock, the better the defence will be. And just imagine... Chris Carson healthy in the playoffs!! *knock on wood*

TypeSly

Reaction score
LTH":145lqhv8 said:
TypeSly":145lqhv8 said:
LTH":145lqhv8 said:
TypeSly":145lqhv8 said:
Our defence is in the state of trying to get back on track, after basically being off the rails since the season began. There's steps to this process, so saying that it will be the best in the NFL, come playoff time, is totally getting ahead of ourselves (after one good performance right after two awful performances that preceed that). We also can't ignore all the games that preceded the SF game, either.

My point was that you can't look at the stats for the season and judge how good this D is..things are vastly different in the last part of the season than they were in the first part of the season...

I totally realize that there are steps to this process...all I said if you read my post was that POTENTIALLY this D could be one of the best in the league with the worst stats in the league by the time the playoffs come due to the fact they are getting healthier and gaining continuity...

How many pro bowl players are on this D 5-6? the talent is there its just a matter of getting these guys to play together and staying healthy...

LTH

We can't just judge our defence by it's "potential" and we can't just ignore what it has done in the past, either. When the D was at it's healthiest, was when the streak of "worst in history" started. We've only had two decent defensive performances (out of 10 games), and both were when we weren't at full strength. We all thought and hoped that he D had turned the corner after the SF game, but the next two games, it was even worse than the games that preceeded it. Now, after the second decent defensive showing, we're all hoping that this is a trend again, because it IS hard to understand how we could have been this bad, with the personnel that we have, on paper.

Having said that, you don't think you might be getting ahead of yourself? We all feel like the D will come out of this at some point, because it's true... not only should this D not be even close to the worst in history, it should be pretty decent going by the personnel we have on paper. But to save yourself from looking silly, just consider all the steps that has to happen before we're even close to your proclamation of being "One of the best, if not the best defence, come playoff time". If that happens, we're laughing, and you're a genius! But realistically, if the Hawks D get's even close to the top half, or third of the NFL, we're already laughing.

Why would I care if you think I look silly? I mean if I'm wrong i'm wrong....wouldn't be the first time won;t be the last... It's not like I really care what you think about me I just throw down the way I see it...trust me your not that important LMAO!!!!! :snack:

But really you didn't really read my post or your not understanding what I'm saying...cause your really missing my point...

but what's realistic? if you look at Pete Carroll is he realistic in the way he thinks? Not to some people... he has made a career out of making doubters look bad...

LTH

No need to get sore, my brother. Nothing personal, I didn't mean anything by it.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The Hawks have traditionally played well in December. We ought to overpower Philly on MNF.......and then win four of the next five. :2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels a little more confident in that Rams matchup down the road?
Goff is brutal under pressure. That being said, I'm not looking ahead and I realize that the Niners are a better matchup against the Rams. But, they are not nearly as unbeatable as people seem to make them out to be.
Real good team, but far from great imo.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TypeSly":x0r5vvt3 said:
LTH":x0r5vvt3 said:
TypeSly":x0r5vvt3 said:
LTH":x0r5vvt3 said:
My point was that you can't look at the stats for the season and judge how good this D is..things are vastly different in the last part of the season than they were in the first part of the season...

I totally realize that there are steps to this process...all I said if you read my post was that POTENTIALLY this D could be one of the best in the league with the worst stats in the league by the time the playoffs come due to the fact they are getting healthier and gaining continuity...

How many pro bowl players are on this D 5-6? the talent is there its just a matter of getting these guys to play together and staying healthy...

LTH

We can't just judge our defence by it's "potential" and we can't just ignore what it has done in the past, either. When the D was at it's healthiest, was when the streak of "worst in history" started. We've only had two decent defensive performances (out of 10 games), and both were when we weren't at full strength. We all thought and hoped that he D had turned the corner after the SF game, but the next two games, it was even worse than the games that preceeded it. Now, after the second decent defensive showing, we're all hoping that this is a trend again, because it IS hard to understand how we could have been this bad, with the personnel that we have, on paper.

Having said that, you don't think you might be getting ahead of yourself? We all feel like the D will come out of this at some point, because it's true... not only should this D not be even close to the worst in history, it should be pretty decent going by the personnel we have on paper. But to save yourself from looking silly, just consider all the steps that has to happen before we're even close to your proclamation of being "One of the best, if not the best defence, come playoff time". If that happens, we're laughing, and you're a genius! But realistically, if the Hawks D get's even close to the top half, or third of the NFL, we're already laughing.

Why would I care if you think I look silly? I mean if I'm wrong i'm wrong....wouldn't be the first time won;t be the last... It's not like I really care what you think about me I just throw down the way I see it...trust me your not that important LMAO!!!!! :snack:

But really you didn't really read my post or your not understanding what I'm saying...cause your really missing my point...

but what's realistic? if you look at Pete Carroll is he realistic in the way he thinks? Not to some people... he has made a career out of making doubters look bad...

LTH

No need to get sore, my brother. Nothing personal, I didn't mean anything by it.

Dude I'm NOT sore at all... in any way ....

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":bih463bb said:
Am I the only one who feels a little more confident in that Rams matchup down the road?
Goff is brutal under pressure. That being said, I'm not looking ahead and I realize that the Niners are a better matchup against the Rams. But, they are not nearly as unbeatable as people seem to make them out to be.
Real good team, but far from great imo.

Nope... I'm right there with ya...

Check your PM soulfish...

LTH

Latest posts