Seahawks hire Michigan Coach, Chris Partridge

RiverDog

Reaction score
We hired Pete when he got out of Dodge before the axe fell on his program at USC and no one seemed to mind.

Jville

Reaction score

From the article ..........

"But the Wolverines later determined that Partridge "failed to abide by the university directive not to discuss an ongoing NCAA investigation with anyone associated with the Michigan football program or others," according to ESPN's Pete Thamel, resulting in his firing."

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score

"But the Wolverines later determined that Partridge "failed to abide by the university directive not to discuss an ongoing NCAA investigation with anyone associated with the Michigan football program or others," according to ESPN's Pete Thamel, resulting in his firing."
Sounds like a classic fall guy for Michigan

BASF

Reaction score

Protect the team is not part of our program anymore, so he should be good.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score

Sounds very suspect to me. Not that I mind the hire. If you aren't cheating are you even trying?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Enough with the misleading titles bait and switch type tittles. SMH, go check the guidelines in the forum etiquette section.

Also, as someone else stated, there’s he was just Michigans fall guy. There’s nothing that ever proved the allegations of what he was accused of. Not even in his termination letter from the school was anything mentioned to that. And when all said and done, Michigan still won it all and the staffer who the NCAA did catch on to who bought over 30 tickets “popped smoked”, went on leave and resigned who tf knows where he’s at.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Enough with the misleading titles bait and switch type tittles. SMH, go check the guidelines in the forum etiquette section.

Also, as someone else stated, there’s he was just Michigans fall guy. There’s nothing that ever proved the allegations of what he was accused of. Not even in his termination letter from the school was anything mentioned to that. And when all said and done, Michigan still won it all and the staffer who the NCAA did catch on to who bought over 30 tickets “popped smoked”, went on leave and resigned who tf knows where he’s at.

OP is a troll, he's not a Hawk fan.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Not sure at all what was misleading or bait and switch about the title? He was fired for his involvement in that cheating scandal and they fired him for "talking about it". While they were very vague about the actual reason, it is clear that if the scandal doesn't occur he wouldn't have been fired.

Very confused how any of that is misleading. When I posted the thread I titled it that way because I figured that's how most people would know the guy, he was in the news over the scandal. I never said he was guilty or that it was a bad hire lol.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Not sure at all what was misleading or bait and switch about the title? He was fired for his involvement in that cheating scandal and they fired him for "talking about it". While they were very vague about the actual reason, it is clear that if the scandal doesn't occur he wouldn't have been fired.

Very confused how any of that is misleading. When I posted the thread I titled it that way because I figured that's how most people would know the guy, he was in the news over the scandal. I never said he was guilty or that it was a bad hire lol.

I'm guessing it's cause labels have a way of sticking with you even if you're proven to be innocent.

It would be kind of like someone accusing you Welshers, hypothetically, of sexual misconduct in the work place. The allegations go public once your investigated. During this process, your employer seeks damage control and allows you to part ways amicably. Some time later it's revealed that there's no evidence to substantiate the claims against you, and you're cleared of any wrong doing. But it's too late. No matter where you go from here on out, you'll always be known as that guy who likes to diddle coworkers in the print room without their consent. You get a new job on the otherside of the pond looking for a fresh start, but your past follows you. You can't run from it. You'll forever be known as Welsher, the print room diddler.

Now is it fair to you to have that label follow you wherever you go? Absolutely not. And neither is it for our new coach who was cleared of any wrong doing.

Last edited: