Seahawks losses with Russ at QB..amazing

sumos2005

Reaction score
Starting record 22 and 7

The myth that with Russ playing QB, you are in every game until the last second (every loss within a score) is NOT a myth..it is a fact

The 7 games the hawks have lost with Russ at the helm..2013 6 points, 2012, Miami 3 pts on (last second FG,) Detroit 4 pts on a( last minute Detroit TD), San Fran 7 points, St Louis 6 points, Arizona 4 pts, Atlanta 2 pts (last second field goal).

Find any other QB in the last 2 years that have done that...NONE

EXTRA TIDBIT

Even at Wisconsin his 1 year

Lost to Michigan State by 6 on a hail Mary
Lost to Ohio State by 4 on a hail Mary
Lost to Oregon Rose Bowl by 7 time ran out as Russell led a 90 yard drive..

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
I still have to pinch myself sometimes when I think about this guy. Doesn't seem real.

CornerHawk

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken he has not lost a game by more that a 7 points since October of 2010. I think that was midway through his last season at nc state.

HawkWow

Reaction score
There should be an asterisk on his early losses as a Hawk. Those should go on Pete and Bevell for not letting him work his leprechaun-ish magic earlier.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Impressive. I wouldn't ask for any other QB. Russell is just the man.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
HawkWow":1ip1jtpq said:
There should be an asterisk on his early losses as a Hawk. Those should go on Pete and Bevell for not letting him work his leprechaun-ish magic earlier.
Yeah totally. THey shoulda let him indulge in his puckish majix.
The OP is an amazing stat.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
He's actually 21-7 as a starter (unless your counting the Vikings game already as a win) 12-6- 2012, 9-1- 2013.

But the point remains. I think it's an unbelievable stats - 75% winning %. 28 games in and no double digit losses and undefeated at home. Absolutely unbelievable.
He has 7 4th QTR comebacks and 9- game winning drives. (32% of career starts)
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... r=WilsRu00

Whereas if you look at Kaepernick He's 13-6 (including playoffs)- 68%- winning %, He's been blown-out 3 of his 19 career starts and has 3 comeback and 3 game winning drives. (16% of career starts)
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... r=KaepCo00

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
There was another post on here recently that says he is only two wins away from tieing Rothlesburgers record of 22 wins for first 2 seasons. Russell Wilson could be the fifth element!

HawkWow

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3qttrd6w said:
He's actually 21-7 as a starter (unless your counting the Vikings game already as a win) 12-6- 2012, 9-1- 2013.

But the point remains. I think it's an unbelievable stats - 75% winning %. 28 games in and no double digit losses and undefeated at home. Absolutely unbelievable.

Whereas if you look at Kaepernick He's 13-6 (including playoffs)- 68%- winning %, He's been blown-out 3 of his 19 career starts and has 3 comeback and 3 game winning drives. (16% of career starts)

God I love this. And where are the pundits that felt Kaep was better than RW and likely to take his team further? There should be a sports watch group that holds such people, like Dilfer, accountable for their sensationalism.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
jlwaters1":lrdde4v5 said:

And Kaepernick went to a Superbowl team, whereas Wilson went to a struggling team. Wilson is clearly on a whole other level above Kaep--I think he's in the highest eshelon of qb in the NFL. His upside is still being defined.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
The guy is an amazing football player/quarterback. You can.never tell if he gets rattled because he never changes emotion

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This team has not lost by more than 7 points in almost 2 years.

Whoever said Carroll's system and personality would not succeed in the NFL is an idiot.

And Russell Wilson is amazing.

telerion

Reaction score
Meh. Need more data to be statistically significant. Could be spurious.

Just kidding :) (though I wouldn't mind if the pattern continues).

warden

Reaction score
The streak of not losing by more then a TD for the Seahawks started before Wilson was with the team. That streak started Nov 6th 2011. 35 games and counting. These close victories is a team award not an individual award

BASF

Reaction score
What I find more impressive within those stats is that the defense lost fourth quarter leads in all but two of the Wisconsin and Seattle losses. Pairing this young man with a defense that can close games out is all he needs to be a champion.