Seahawks Meet Privately with Bryce Young

CactusJack

Reaction score
Football God moves in mysterious ways, if Young AND stroud both available for us to pick .... what would be your decision? Let's all just assume that they are available, ok?
There was a report that they we're exploring trading up to acquire the #1 pick before Carolina did. Also reported that they "Love" Bryce Young.

From speaking with Seahawks sources, it did not sound like the Seahwaks were going to move on from Smith and give up the farm to move up for Young. However, Seattle is said to love Young, and if the franchise loses Geno Smith in free agency, that could change the organization's thinking.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Bryce Young isn't RW or Kyler Murray. If we ended up with him I wouldn't be sad. He is a cerebral QB that happens to be athletic. He is great at timing throws and he doesn't avoid the middle of the field like the plague. Even RW relied on his scrambling quite a bit in college. While Young can do that, he also is great at the traditional aspects of being a passer. The only thing that would worry me is his frame. I think Bryce Young is going to go lower than expected because of that concern.

toffee

Reaction score
Bryce Young isn't RW or Kyler Murray. If we ended up with him I wouldn't be sad. He is a cerebral QB that happens to be athletic. He is great at timing throws and he doesn't avoid the middle of the field like the plague. Even RW relied on his scrambling quite a bit in college. While Young can do that, he also is great at the traditional aspects of being a passer. The only thing that would worry me is his frame. I think Bryce Young is going to go lower than expected because of that concern.
Wilson may be short but quite stocky, Young is slight of build. I am concerned with Young's durability

massari

Reaction score
The only thing that would worry me is his frame.
Young is slight of build. I am concerned with Young's durability
hot-takes1.gif

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Man…I really hope we don’t take Levis. Prior to this season, I was thinking he’d be a good pick but…not so much now.

Which means he’ll end up being like Josh Allen as I’m bad at picking during the draft.
If you switch Stroud and Levis with Levis playing at OSU the past 2 years he’s the 1st overall pick

bileever

Reaction score
Love Bryce Young, I think he's the best QB in the draft. He has all the intangibles. I heard Jim Nagy of the Senior Bowl on the radio yesterday say about Will Levis that he seems like someone who's never played backyard football. But he has the measurables, the big arm, the size, etc. Young is the opposite of that--understands the game, calm and poised, makes plays out of nothing. I hope that he falls to #5.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I cannot be on board with a short and skinny QB..He declined to be weighed
on his pro day-That's enough for me.

chris98251

Reaction score
Agreed, where he may be talented on a College level, in the Pros as we have seen you have to change the offense specifically to fit his measurables, he also is limited in many aspects in the field of vision.

No thanks. Been there done that.

Also if he is expected to be a runner he will not last long, Wilson had a stocky build to add too, ( Chubby came later) this kid appears slight to say the least.

bileever

Reaction score
They said that about Wayne Gretzky, too. He was 160 pounds when he started playing in the NHL. He ran circles around everyone from the very beginning. Bryce Young is 195 pounds, he isn't tiny.

warden

Reaction score
They want Anderson and need someone to panic that we are going to trade up with the Cardinals that get a QB. If a team desperately needs to jump a head of us, Anderson falls to us

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They said that about Wayne Gretzky, too. He was 160 pounds when he started playing in the NHL. He ran circles around everyone from the very beginning. Bryce Young is 195 pounds, he isn't tiny.
He refused to be weighed for a reason and he is tiny for a QB but you just
refuse to see it.
That's ok I will be on here in the NFL section to eat my words if he even pans
out.
The NFL is not Alabama with 5 stars all over against 2-3 stars almost every week
he will be facing the best with a scrawny build.
Jalen,Josh,Lamar,Me3 and Tua should tell you the days of running don't end well
and sure won't with his size.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Gretzky was able to skate free due to his on ice body guard Dave Semenko who did his job very well. One of my favorite enforcers was Jay Miller when I lived in Boston during the 80s

HawksNation

Reaction score
Football God moves in mysterious ways, if Young AND stroud both available for us to pick .... what would be your decision? Let's all just assume that they are available, ok?
Either one, probably Bryce Young, despite the height concerns.

Latest posts