Seahawks need to retire Marshawn's number

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39nqulkx said:
John63":39nqulkx said:
It amazes me how quick some are to turn on some players. I mean I am not an Alexander fan, but my issues were mainly with some of the things he said. As an RB he was great and our only MVP, so far. There are alot if myths about him, he only ran hard inside the 20 was one. He led the league in 1st downs by a back one year, you cant do that and not run hard. He was no were near as physical as lynch, but lynch did not have Alexander's vision. Lynch played in a run first system, Alexander did not.

All that a side Lynch should not have his number retired, for numerous reasons, not the least of which was refusing to get on the bus, his last year here.
Shaun running harder in the red zone was no myth. He played to protect himself most of the time...

The problem is nearly every RB runs harder when there is a TD on the line. That aside there are alot of myths, such as not running once he got paid. People forget he broke his foot that year, and was never the same after.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":38o3gwi1 said:
RolandDeschain":38o3gwi1 said:
John63":38o3gwi1 said:
It amazes me how quick some are to turn on some players. I mean I am not an Alexander fan, but my issues were mainly with some of the things he said. As an RB he was great and our only MVP, so far. There are alot if myths about him, he only ran hard inside the 20 was one. He led the league in 1st downs by a back one year, you cant do that and not run hard. He was no were near as physical as lynch, but lynch did not have Alexander's vision. Lynch played in a run first system, Alexander did not.

All that a side Lynch should not have his number retired, for numerous reasons, not the least of which was refusing to get on the bus, his last year here.
Shaun running harder in the red zone was no myth. He played to protect himself most of the time...

The problem is nearly every RB runs harder when there is a TD on the line. That aside there are alot of myths, such as not running once he got paid. People forget he broke his foot that year, and was never the same after.

Not many run in the open field and go down in a fetal position before they are about to get tackled though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":19nd0y8e said:
Not many run in the open field and go down in a fetal position before they are about to get tackled though.
Seriously...and Marshawn ran as tough as humanly possible no matter what part of the field he was on.

There's no defending Shaun's tendencies in this regard. Doesn't mean he was a bad RB or anything like that, but he was NOT tough, and he did not give it his all in the middle of the field.

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1kd2mw05 said:
chris98251":1kd2mw05 said:
Seriously...and Marshawn ran as tough as humanly possible no matter what part of the field he was on.

There's no defending Shaun's tendencies in this regard. Doesn't mean he was a bad RB or anything like that, but he was NOT tough, and he did not give it his all in the middle of the field.

That's the point, like him or not, think he was soft or not, the reality is he was a really good RB. I dont like Lynch at all but no doubt he was a really good RB. Same with Alexander dont like him at all but he was a reallt good rb, until he got hurt anyway.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Beast Mode and Alexander would have been a hell of a 1-2 punch though.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
John63":3vrmxp2r said:
RolandDeschain":3vrmxp2r said:
chris98251":3vrmxp2r said:

That's the point, like him or not, think he was soft or not, the reality is he was a really good RB. I dont like Lynch at all but no doubt he was a really good RB. Same with Alexander dont like him at all but he was a reallt good rb, until he got hurt anyway.

Difference is what I don't like about SA impacted what he did on the field. Even when Lynch wasn't happy with the team, when he was on the field he was playing a game he loved and gave it his all.

I problem wouldn't have had a problem with SA playing the way he did if I hadn't seen him pull the fetal move many times on 3rd or 4th and short. If he gave the same effort on those plays as he did when a TD may be involved this conversation is likely a lot different.

CPHawk":3vrmxp2r said:

Brutalize the defense for 3 quarters with Lynch and then put ALexander in for the 4th quarter when he doesn't have to worry about hard tackles? That probably would have worked well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
There will be a few retired numbers in due time coming from those Super Bowl teams.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
That’s gonna be a no for me . As much as I loved me some Lynch not worthy of that honor .

John63

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3pdzvgw2 said:
John63":3pdzvgw2 said:
RolandDeschain":3pdzvgw2 said:
chris98251":3pdzvgw2 said:

Difference is what I don't like about SA impacted what he did on the field. Even when Lynch wasn't happy with the team, when he was on the field he was playing a game he loved and gave it his all.

I problem wouldn't have had a problem with SA playing the way he did if I hadn't seen him pull the fetal move many times on 3rd or 4th and short. If he gave the same effort on those plays as he did when a TD may be involved this conversation is likely a lot different.

CPHawk":3pdzvgw2 said:

Brutalize the defense for 3 quarters with Lynch and then put ALexander in for the 4th quarter when he doesn't have to worry about hard tackles? That probably would have worked well.

LOL when he was on the field so you were okay with him, Lynch refusing to get on the bus for one of those games.