Seahawks OL scheme

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Bill Walsh introduced the deception element through what he called "influence" blocking. No one ever did it better or for longer span of time. It was especially effective to make smaller, faster, linemen effective against larger opponents.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I don’t like that concept mostly because the offensive line works in tandem i like to call it 5 guys playing as 1, IMO there would be too much of a chance of something going wrong. When it comes to the ZBS Alex Gibbs is known as the godfather he was the mastermind of the O line Denver had in the late 90s when any Tom, Dick or Harry could gain 1k yards. ZBS isn’t a new concept Gibbs just perfected it. Vince Lombardi ran something similar he called it area blocking
That’s what others say, too. So I’m giving up that idea. Jones might be the best tackle still on the board at #53, but Getsy would need to do a sales job on Poles based on what he saw with his own eyes at the Senior Bowl. Poles has his own declared specifications for tackles, and Jones is way too big.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bill Walsh introduced the deception element through what he called "influence" blocking. No one ever did it better or for longer span of time. It was especially effective to make smaller, faster, linemen effective against larger opponents.
I’ve seen Abe Lucas use that. He’s a really intelligent player. I enjoy watching him.