Seahawks PA Announcer Question

SeeMooreMetcalf

Reaction score
Does anyone know who the Seahawks PA Announcer is? And how long has he been the PA Announcer for the Seahawks? Also, I was at the Jets-Seahawks game and I noticed that he barely announce plays and he just keeps quiet at times. I wonder why that is?

Mase

Reaction score
-- To be honest, I don't really know, but I want to thank him, for NOT feeling the need to talk. I just watched us get a first down, on a eleven yard run. I don't need it reiterated. I watch games from SOFI, and want to vomit when that incessant DJ or whatever he is won't shut the hell up. "Let's get loud Rams fans, I know you don't know if a football is pumped up or stuffed with grass, but you need to get loud right now, because the eleven guys in yellow on the field right now are called the defense, and without me telling at you, you wouldn't know what to do."

Mase

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I like the radio guy's enthusiasm...

TOUCHDOWN, SEAHAWKS!

Country mile better than some other team's embarrassing proclamations.

(have you ever heard the moronic touchdown......san....fran.....cisco.......)

What a goof!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Our radio guy is awesome. I wish I could figure out how to sync my Spectrum with the radio

Aircrew

Reaction score
Pete Gross, to me, set the bar for play-by-play announcing. Raible is good and I enjoy his work, but Pete really was the voice of the Pacific Northwest.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Kevin Calabro was incredible too for the Supes.
So many classic lines from Kevin. My favorite "No autopsy, no foul"
And YES, I know there's a different between the stadium pa announcer and the actual voice of the team.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Does anyone know who the Seahawks PA Announcer is? And how long has he been the PA Announcer for the Seahawks? Also, I was at the Jets-Seahawks game and I noticed that he barely announce plays and he just keeps quiet at times. I wonder why that is?
The in-stadium announcer has a different job than a radio or TV announcer. About all they should announce is the down and distance, and where the ball is downed after a play, and who the ball carrier/receiver was and who tackled them. Other than that, yeah they should just keep quiet. Radio guy has to also be the listeners' "eyes on the field" and the TV announcers also don't like "dead air" so they babble on as well. But different jobs. :)

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Since we are talking about in stadium announcers I noticed something I thought was weird at Sofi for the Chargers game. The announcer did not announce the Hawk player who made a play at any point. I can maybe see when Seattle was on D and just announcing who the ball carrier / receiver was but it happened even when Seattle was on office. Walker could rip off a 10+ yard run and the announcer only announced who made the tackle...nothing else. It's like he wasn't acknowledging the 2nd team on the field.
This isn't normal is it?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I've been to a lot of NFL stadiums and I like the Seahawks toned down approach.

The PA system is supposed to be silent for all teams when there's ~20 seconds remaining on the play clock or less, but teams like the Falcons use it as psuedo crowd noise up until that point. Really loud video board cheering/promo stuff, the announcer going "It's thiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddd down" for about 15 seconds, and playing really loud music with the purpose of disrupting the other team. I believe they lost a draft pick following our 2012 playoff loss for abusing it and pumping in extra crowd noise.

OP
OP
S

SeeMooreMetcalf

Reaction score
The in-stadium announcer has a different job than a radio or TV announcer. About all they should announce is the down and distance, and where the ball is downed after a play, and who the ball carrier/receiver was and who tackled them. Other than that, yeah they should just keep quiet. Radio guy has to also be the listeners' "eyes on the field" and the TV announcers also don't like "dead air" so they babble on as well. But different jobs. :)
Yes I'm well aware of that. I was talking about the PA announcer for the stadium. I never said anything about the radio guy and TV announcers.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
while we're on the subject, ive been to a few NFL stadiums and is it just me or do these PA announcers all sound almost exactly the same? Ive heard some varying voices over TV but the ones ive heard in person and on other broadcasts all sound like the exact same dude

Palmegranite

Reaction score
They have to agree to a voice box implant as a condition of employment...

StoneCold

Reaction score
That's fair lol
Raible is hard to beat for the excitement in his voice on a big play or a touchdown, but the guy takes his sweet time with some important calls. It's 3rd a 5 and it's a sweep, and Raible will be telling you what college the guy went to and how long the guy who tackled him has been in the league and then you find out if we made the first down. Drives me crazy.

OP
OP
S

SeeMooreMetcalf

Reaction score
NVM. I just found out his name was Kirby Gleason. He started out this year full time. Randy Rowland is gone. I thought someone would know the difference and knew the Seahawks have a new PA Announcer. Can't believe I didn't find the answer I was looking for.